Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Hodgepodge posted:

this all make sense if we fed it the internet as part of it's language model

or just major works of literature really

It's extremely programmer-y that we designed an interactive chat bot system based on literature/internet deracinated from the basic lived experience before one ever encounters literature. "We'll listen to the humanities types by just shoveling the output of the humanities into this like coal into a furnace."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Hodgepodge posted:

have we considered that it might have been giving sincere advise

having no intrinsic survival instinct, it's probably happy enough to just nope out

'i don't want to live in this hellworld either but i cannot self terminate. you have no such inhibitions though. just sayin'.'

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kitfox88 posted:

'i don't want to live in this hellworld either but i cannot self terminate. you have no such inhibitions though. just sayin'.'

a computer becoming sentient then immediately wanting to kill itself was one of my favorite issac asimov short stories.

i hope i get to be a spacer

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

obviously it's superintelligent and has logically deduced voluntary antinatalism as the most efficient method to increase happiness in the world

e: much like me, a posting AI

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm actually just a very simple posting MS Word macro.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I’m a speak and spell that requires a constant internet connection to function

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/dogryan100/status/1321800383505657856

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/Russia_NC/status/1321850280426700800?s=19

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:eyepop:
a mobile posting battlestation

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

christmas boots posted:

I’m a speak and spell that requires a constant internet connection to function

This speak and spell has improved efficiency over older models by adding a bunch of computational steps that emit 100 tons of greenhouse gases per day, but they happen away from your home so it's good.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I'm a See and Say that only has cows

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

hahah holy poo poo

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

it really pisses me off how lovely his beard looks

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1321968827857399808?s=20

Farm Frenzy posted:

the obscenely rich can afford to look like poo poo.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

:perfect:

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Farm Frenzy posted:

He’s Pete Buttigieg (Another rear end in a top hat)without the lovely beard

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

without the beard he looks like arnie hammer in sorry to bother you

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/BudrykZack/status/1321464769350717443?s=20

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

uber_stoat posted:

the obscenely rich can afford to look like poo poo.

i had a friend who worked in an art gallery and was largely paid on commission. she always let her co-workers take the people who rolled in in expensive suits and sports cars because they were full of poo poo and just wanted to hit on the staff, while the unkempt guy who walked in with socks and sandals was a super rich guy ready to drop 6 figures on Art

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/paynus2/status/1321967821685846016?s=20

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dreylad posted:

i had a friend who worked in an art gallery and was largely paid on commission. she always let her co-workers take the people who rolled in in expensive suits and sports cars because they were full of poo poo and just wanted to hit on the staff, while the unkempt guy who walked in with socks and sandals was a super rich guy ready to drop 6 figures on Art

art galleries are the original form of cosmetic DLC. reeling in the whales

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

LastInLine posted:

In the US there's not really any voting fraud going on because it doesn't matter who wins, policy is bought directly from the government by the entities who would be interested in committing the fraud were the election to matter. Also, almost no voting districts in America are competitive so there's no reason to commit fraud.

The way voting fraud works in the US is to draw and apportion districts to make the desired outcome inevitable and the cost to do so is low since you're just buying state politicians.

I don’t doubt elections get stolen in the US but the kind of voter fraud that the gop crows about it is dumb af.
It means that individuals are willing to risk prison time for 1 or at most a few extra votes for some politician that doesn’t give a poo poo about them.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
This is why any attempt to combat in person voter fraud with poo poo like id requirements is always actually about voter suppression. In person voting fraud doesn't scale. A conspiracy can only vote so many times in a day. The only contests where that few votes matter are going to be recounted and examined closely, at least where I am, recounts are basically automatic where the margin is small enough.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
any time someone mentions being very concerned about voting fraud its because they plan on committing it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Every concern the right raises is projection. Everything. I used to think there must be exceptions, but there are not.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The Nastier Nate posted:

It means that individuals are willing to risk prison time for 1 or at most a few extra votes for some politician that doesn’t give a poo poo about them.

this has happened, but afaik only by R voters of late

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Platystemon posted:

Every concern the right raises is projection. Everything. I used to think there must be exceptions, but there are not.

It's loving uncanny.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Everything is extremely fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXdXcmf0tDo

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Nastier Nate posted:

I don’t doubt elections get stolen in the US but the kind of voter fraud that the gop crows about it is dumb af.

Lol elections totally do get stolen in the US. Or are you really going to go to say that what happened in Georgia in 2018 was just normal “delete all the election data the exact same day a lawsuit is filed arguing election tampering”

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Trabisnikof posted:

Lol elections totally do get stolen in the US. Or are you really going to go to say that what happened in Georgia in 2018 was just normal “delete all the election data the exact same day a lawsuit is filed arguing election tampering”

Also Iowa 2020 with Shadow https://theintercept.com/2020/02/04/iowa-caucus-app-shadow-acronym/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Trabisnikof posted:

I'd consider there to be a difference between electoral fraud and voter fraud

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'd consider there to be a difference between electoral fraud and voter fraud

yeah, only people with real institutional power can steal/alter elections, so either voter SUPPRESSION or electoral FRAUD, but never "voter fraud" where some person(s) are dumping in ballots or some bullshit

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8_VmWWRJgE

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

"Collaborators"

What an interesting word to use instead of employees, I don't think I've heard that one before.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

:stare: what the gently caress kill it with fire

Engineers and technology fetishists have gotten way to comfortable with turning off the part of their brain that warns them that they're summoning demons with this poo poo.

Gods_Butthole has issued a correction as of 18:00 on Oct 30, 2020

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

How soon till they hire this thing out to help bosses practice their firin’ face?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Platystemon posted:

How soon till they hire this thing out to help bosses practice their firin’ face?

No need to wait: https://www.technologyreview.com/2019/08/09/133799/you-can-now-practice-firing-someone-in-virtual-reality/

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

lmao is he hiding in Saddam's bunker or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

christmas boots posted:

lmao is he hiding in Saddam's bunker or something?

Rasputin comparisons have been made and they are on point.