Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i reject best girl/boy contests, and wouild not change my mind even should there be a best they contest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Willo567 posted:

when do we get to nominate girl of the season

There's nothing stopping you from making a thread for it, other than your conscience.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It's Talentless Nana

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Moroha is my front runner

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sakura Adachi, obviously

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
The best girl? The girl reading this :)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

But I can't read.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Bakarina hands down for me.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/NetflixJP_Anime/status/1320902219340730369?s=20

MAPPA doing an anime about the black samurai Yasuke with character designs by Koike.

I was interested right up to the moment they mentioned it includes giant robots and magic.

How was his story not interesting enough already?

Plastic_Gargoyle fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 27, 2020

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
On the other hand, I don't think there's been a good Sengoku-era mecha show yet (unless Kuromukuro counts), and I feel like the armour designs of the era allow for some really cool possibilities. I totally want a Date Masamune Gundam.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
how many bad nobunaga mecha shows have there been, anyway? it seems like there's been a lot.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

how many bad nobunaga mecha shows have there been, anyway? it seems like there's been a lot.

I can only think of Nobunaga The Fool, but there's probably a few others.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

I was interested right up to the moment they mentioned it includes giant robots and magic.

How was his story not interesting enough already?

Interesting from a narrative perspective is not necessarily the same thing as interesting from a visual storytelling perspective. Plus it's probably easier to depict more typical fantastical high action battles than it is to do a bunch of realistic scenes of infantry clashing, as we've seen from basically every anime with old timey warfare in it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's also being headed up by the Cannon Busters dude and shoving every anime trope he can into one project is kind of his thing

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

I can only think of Nobunaga The Fool, but there's probably a few others.

But that was a good Nobunaga mecha show?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tamba posted:

But that was a good Nobunaga mecha show?

The actual mecha parts were badly choreographed and barely animated, and gradually faded away into endless philosophibabble. It may have had its merits, but they had extremely little to do with the giant robots.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The three best Nobunaga anime are, in order, Nobunaga's Ninja/Ninja Girl & Samurai Master, Sengoku Basara (only the Production IG ones), and Hyouge Mono

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

On the other hand, I don't think there's been a good Sengoku-era mecha show yet (unless Kuromukuro counts), and I feel like the armour designs of the era allow for some really cool possibilities. I totally want a Date Masamune Gundam.

I like Kuromukoro but that had as much to do with the story being interesting as anything else. It only kinda counts though, since they were using an ancient aliens thing to fit the mecha in.

(I would've enjoyed it more if they excised every second of Love Rival Guy, Whiny Spanish Dude, and Creepy Streamer Guy, though. They're more annoying than the kids in Eureka Seven, and without adding anything redeeming to the plot.)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Eeepies posted:

Sleepy Princess is somehow still making the theme of 'princess wants to sleep' work after 4 episodes, and making it work very well indeed. I'm learning more and more ways to ensure a comfortable night in case of insomnia.
1. Did....Princess just catch a gaseous flame with scissors? :monocle:

2. Brb gonna casually usurp your ice revolution so I can air condition my cell. :allears:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 28, 2020

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

OnimaruXLR posted:

The three best Nobunaga anime are, in order, Nobunaga's Ninja/Ninja Girl & Samurai Master, Sengoku Basara (only the Production IG ones), and Hyouge Mono

You forgot Oda Cinnamon Nobunaga.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Grouchio posted:

1. Did....Princess just catch a gaseous flame with scissors? :monocle:

2. Brb gonna casually usurp your ice revolution so I can air condition my cell. :allears:

1. I think it's meant to be a Will-o'-Wisp.

2. Holy poo poo she does not even blink over murdering the Ice Golem with her frozen pillow. Just walk off, :murder:, drag his corpse in and tell them to build an igloo. She is ABSOLUTELY going wind up the actual Demon King by the end of this show. :stonklol:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Zuerst was pretty grim. Good show, tho.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I wasn't sold on Akudama Drive until Brawler caught a bullet to the face, then spat it out so hard it went through a dude's shoulder. It's starting to feel like something Studio Trigger would make.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's like Dangan Ronpa but instead of being trapped in a murder mystery they're trapped in a cyberpunk heist.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I made a Sleepy Princess thread!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:rock: One More Thread to the OP! :rock:

Julias posted:

:siren:Maoujou de Oyasumi
Doga Kobo | Mitsue Yamazaki | Yoshiko Nakamura | Comedy, Fantasy, Magic, Shounen, Slice of Life, Supernatural | Manga | Oct 6, 2020
Sshhh! Princess Syalis is trying to get a good night's sleep. Some shut-eye. Forty winks. Catch some Z's. Long ago in olden times when people and demons lived together in—well, disharmony, really—a demon king kidnaps a human princess and imprisons her in his castle. Bereft, the princess's subjects beat their chests in anguish...until a hero arises to spearhead Project Rescue Our Princess! While waiting for her knight in shining armor, what's an imprisoned princess to do...? Teddy-bear guards with bat wings are all very well, but her dungeon cell is bo-o-o-ring! So, she decides to wile away the long hours by sleeping. Now if only she could get comfortable...and didn't suffer from insomnia...
PV
Thread

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wark Say posted:

:rock: One More Thread to the OP! :rock:

Thanks Wark. :)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
For anyone watching Adachi and Shimamura, how far along is the anime after four episodes? I don't really want to rewatch stuff I already read twice in the manga adaptations. :v:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Lemon-Lime posted:

For anyone watching Adachi and Shimamura, how far along is the anime after four episodes? I don't really want to rewatch stuff I already read twice in the manga adaptations. :v:

Shimamura just met Adachi's mum

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Lemon-Lime posted:

Episode 4: Shimamura meets Adachi's mom at the pool, Shimamura + Adachi + Shimamura's two friends go to karaoke, Shimamura gives Adachi headpats on the swing set

Also a weird scene with a sketchy guy perving on little kids at the pool which felt really out of place.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

cave emperor posted:

Also a weird scene with a sketchy guy perving on little kids at the pool which felt really out of place.

That's apparently a cameo from one of Hitoma's other books, fwiw.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Spiritus Nox posted:

It's weird because it's really nicely produced and still directed and storyboarded well-enough in the moment, but the overall adaptation decisions have been mediocre to bad basically from the beginning IMO.
Wandering Witch is quickly becoming "Careless Traveller, poo poo-rear end places". It's just... mean spirited? It's like a cute-witch version of The Witcher.

I'm half-wondering if we're supposed to start thinking that Elaina and the witches are actually total assholes the way you go "Oh wait, Nazarick and Ains are loving evil"

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Funimation picked up Heaven Official's Blessing and they're even going to dub it :eyepop:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

More Danmachi. When I watched this series’s season one I didn’t expect an upcoming Race War.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
For those who care, the dub cast for Yashahime got announced a few days back

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1320772176543244290

I guess this means that the old cast won't be returning then, since the dub isn't by Ocean Group

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's entirely possible for them to get them back for their roles, depending on their overall presence. Everyone's recording from home nowadays so location doesn't really super matter much.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Annointed posted:

More Danmachi. When I watched this series’s season one I didn’t expect an upcoming Race War.

I think I'm peacing out on it. Season 2 kinda put a damper on my feelings on it due to how its tone changes, and season 3 looks to be continuing that. Not making a value judgment, just it's going in a direction I just am not into.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

chumbler posted:

I think I'm peacing out on it. Season 2 kinda put a damper on my feelings on it due to how its tone changes, and season 3 looks to be continuing that. Not making a value judgment, just it's going in a direction I just am not into.

Understandable. Honest I didn’t like season 2 much, the animation wasn’t as good and I was kind of creeped out generally. Also the fight scenes weren’t nearly as good as season one’s.

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

Well, I think I'm gonna give up on Moriarty. Not because of the gravity of the crimes -- that's A-OK -- but because it is just so lazily written. The fact that a noble might come to look upon high society with contempt and betray his family in the name of destroying it should have been an interesting premise, but what makes this particular noble think differently from all the rest? What life experiences shaped him to the point where not only would he reject a society that places him on a pedestal, but he would go as far as murdering his own family to do it? Without even shedding a tear? The anime doesn't even attempt to deliver any answers to these questions. So far, the show just assumes that he has the same perspective as a person raised in a 21st century 'enlightened' world where nobility is seen as a foolish relic of the past, despite him being raised in a setting where it isn't. And every single character's dialogue is so shallow and two-dimension that they may as well be screaming "This is my role in the story! That you are watching! On your computer!" The characters have all the depth and nuance of that "Haha they're poor!" British royalty meme. I might check out the manga because it sounds like the scenes had more weight and that maybe this was just a neutered adaptation. Maybe. When I feel like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

perhaps this noble secretly is an isekai mc