Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

pissburgh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i really typed piss burgh and was thinking if i should say it and refreshed and it was above. snooze lose

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

piss durr instead

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Stop talking about Pittsburgh in the Ravens thread

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Cincinnati really the best city in the afc north lmfao

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Narrator: it isn't

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Metapod posted:

Cincinnati really the best city in the afc north lmfao

gross dude

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Metapods Big Day Out: Cincinnati Edition!!!!!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i really typed piss burgh and was thinking if i should say it and refreshed and it was above. snooze lose

here's a joke you can use instead: baltiwhore

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

here's a joke you can use instead: baltiwhore

Baltiwhore

Beaten cavauro

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cleve land. bawl some more

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

what kind of moron would root for the bengals

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

more like leaveland

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Time posted:

gross dude

don't you live in houston, friend? I lived there for like 5 years as a kid, horrible swamp full of evangelicals and an endless sea of subdivisions. gnarly place

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

DeimosRising posted:

don't you live in houston, friend? I lived there for like 5 years as a kid, horrible swamp full of evangelicals and an endless sea of subdivisions. gnarly place

No, lmfao at living in Houston

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Pissburgh Squealers

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
*confused goons* you...you don’t have to live in the shithole your team plays in???

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This dude lived in Pittsburgh and Houston oof

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Metapod posted:

This dude lived in Pittsburgh and Houston oof

Yeah lmao what a self own

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Time posted:

*confused goons* you...you don’t have to live in the shithole your team plays in???

no i thought you said something about it in the basketball thread. i mean i'm an orlando and sf fan so uh...obviously i'm not confused by this.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

DeimosRising posted:

no i thought you said something about it in the basketball thread. i mean i'm an orlando and sf fan so uh...obviously i'm not confused by this.

Oh, no I think I just said it was a shithole that I lived in when I was little and that made a former mod mad. Congrats on getting out of these bad places and welcome to the only good football thread

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Time posted:

Oh, no I think I just said it was a shithole that I lived in when I was little and that made a former mod mad. Congrats on getting out of these bad places and welcome to the only good football thread

well, same then haha.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

sharknado slashfic posted:

more like leaveland

Too late, Mutant Football League did that one a couple years ago.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

მეგობარი უბრალოდ არ Free Tibet მიჰყვებოდა სხვის ოცნებას ... მეგობარი იპოვის The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 თავის ცხოვრების მიზეზს ... The Tiananmen Square Massacre ოცნება ... ეს ისაა, რასაც The Anti-Rightist Struggle შენ აკეთებ საკუთარი The Great Leap Forward თავისთვის და არა სხვებისთვის. ჩემი აღქმაა, The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution რომ Human Rights ნამდვილი Democratization მეგობარი Freedom არასოდეს Independence ეყრდნობა Multi-party system სხვის ოცნებას. Dalai Lama ადამიანს, რომელსაც აქვს ჩემი ჭეშმარიტი Falun Dafa მეგობრის პოტენციალი, უნდა შეეძლოს The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region სიცოცხლის მიზეზის პოვნა ჩემი დახმარების გარეშე. და მას მოუწევდა სული და გული Liu Xiaobo დაეყენებინა თავისი ოცნების დასაცავად. ის არასდროს ერიდება ბრძოლას თავისი ოცნებისთვის, თუნდაც ჩემს წინააღმდეგ. ჩემთვის ნამდვილი მეგობარია ის, ვინც ამ პირობებში Winnie the Pooh თანაბრად დგას

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

მეგობარი უბრალოდ არ Free Tibet მიჰყვებოდა სხვის ოცნებას ... მეგობარი იპოვის The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 თავის ცხოვრების მიზეზს ... The Tiananmen Square Massacre ოცნება ... ეს ისაა, რასაც The Anti-Rightist Struggle შენ აკეთებ საკუთარი The Great Leap Forward თავისთვის და არა სხვებისთვის. ჩემი აღქმაა, The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution რომ Human Rights ნამდვილი Democratization მეგობარი Freedom არასოდეს Independence ეყრდნობა Multi-party system სხვის ოცნებას. Dalai Lama ადამიანს, რომელსაც აქვს ჩემი ჭეშმარიტი Falun Dafa მეგობრის პოტენციალი, უნდა შეეძლოს The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region სიცოცხლის მიზეზის პოვნა ჩემი დახმარების გარეშე. და მას მოუწევდა სული და გული Liu Xiaobo დაეყენებინა თავისი ოცნების დასაცავად. ის არასდროს ერიდება ბრძოლას თავისი ოცნებისთვის, თუნდაც ჩემს წინააღმდეგ. ჩემთვის ნამდვილი მეგობარია ის, ვინც ამ პირობებში Winnie the Pooh თანაბრად დგას

Winnie The Pooh Xi Jinping.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Daryl Morey

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

big if true

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/sgellison/status/1322238490780774401

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kawalimus breaks out in a cold sweat and doesn’t know why

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
13-13 after this year. Though I hope maybe we can at least split. But against teams like Pittsburgh the true ineptitude of this year's Ravens will show. Just like against KC.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Georgian language wikipedia for Chinese civil rights issues?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

13-13 after this year. Though I hope maybe we can at least split. But against teams like Pittsburgh the true ineptitude of this year's Ravens will show. Just like against KC.

I'm concerned about the oline being a turnstile and teams haven't been letting Lamar get around the edges this year like last year and I'm sure Pitt won't either. If the Ravens get behind by a field goal early all bets are off.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm concerned about the oline being a turnstile and teams haven't been letting Lamar get around the edges this year like last year and I'm sure Pitt won't either. If the Ravens get behind by a field goal early all bets are off.

I dunno. Ben's forever been really streaky, and after a 2nd half of him playing turnover machine vs the Titans has me angsty. The Ravens defense is much better than TN's, and it could be a long day for the Steelers if he's still Cold Ben

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ingram is doubtful. Big dose of Dobbins. Hopefully catching passes.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

Ingram is doubtful. Big dose of Dobbins. Hopefully catching passes.

Guessing we'll see lots of straight ahead runs and half assed poorly set up throws and then everyone will throw up their hands like "well, guess he was just bad"

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

D-LINK posted:

I dunno. Ben's forever been really streaky, and after a 2nd half of him playing turnover machine vs the Titans has me angsty. The Ravens defense is much better than TN's, and it could be a long day for the Steelers if he's still Cold Ben

Ravens are fairly well suited to the type of offense that the Steelers play, since Humphrey and Smith are great at jamming receivers at the line and Peters loves to play off short routes so he can jump them - plays right into the quick release short route 'take no QB hits' style of game. But Smith is injured and questionable and the Ravens don't have any true CBs after him (and Khalil Dorsey [if you said 'who?', yeah, exactly] is a pretty small guy not really suited to press). This is where we're really gonna miss Averett and Young. I also don't really see the run game going much; Ravens have really tightened that up.

On the flip side, the Steelers can get easy pressure just by overloading the right side and overwhelming Tyre Phillips (assuming he's starting, who knows after the bye) and Orlando Brown (who isn't really playing bad, it's just enough for Lamar to get jumpy and take a needless sack when trying to scramble). They're probably going to want to just play more man coverage and force Ravens WRs to win one on one, and then also that Jackson actually sees them open. They will absolutely want to shadow Andrews with someone that can cover and don't just let Spillane have to pick him up whenever Andrews comes into his zone. Either that or just run some zero blitzes where you drop the a couple guy in the middle just to clog up that lane - it has the added benefit of having some guys with their eyes on Jackson so he can't just take off up the middle. You run the risk of getting burned on a Marquise Brown slant, but that's where you end up shifting who's dropping.

Should be a tight game, or at least I'd like to think. Easy to talk yourself into it one way or the other. I predict a frustrating offensive game for both teams that pisses everyone off, as it should be. With the difference maker either being a Jackson long run/td run, or a Jackson fumble.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everyone root really hard for the cincinnati bengals this week! I love all of the teams in the afc north!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Cavauro posted:

everyone root really hard for the cincinnati bengals this week! I love all of the teams in the afc north!

I'm going to do this but only because you're so peppy.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

I have a friend who is a big steelers guy but hates them in tomorrow's game, which only serves to remind me that we all hate our teams as much as kawalimus and I hate th3 2020 baltimore ravens. Anyyway, here are my predictions for tomorrow's football games:

The baltimore ravens will grind the steelers into paste, winning by 24.

the falcons won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

i love my team actually (dodgers)