Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Ice Phisherman posted:

Could you share the exercise please?

Close your eyes and trace/draw random numbers with your eyes in various locations of your mind. Imagine each random number in a random color and/or texture. Don't move onto the next number until you can fully visualize the number you're thinking of. ie trace a red 7 in the bottom left of your peripheral, then a green grass 28 in the center of your vision, then a metallic blue 14 in the bottom center of your vision, etc.

Keep doing this as long as needed

indigi posted:

congrats, hope you won’t be doing anything evil

I think I'm just gonna be analyzing baked beans and poo poo and beans never hurt nobody but we'll see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Beans!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Big old trigger warning re: death.

Fuuuuuck 2020. Had a really cool coworker who went on a mountain biking trip over the weekend. He had a sudden brain aneurysm while biking down a mountain which obviously caused him to crash. I honestly don't know if I'm relieved that the doctors believe he was essentially brain dead before the crash basically destroyed his body.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

e: wrong thread

HUGE PUBES A PLUS has issued a correction as of 23:40 on Oct 26, 2020

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Zil posted:

Anyone happen to have experience with latuda? Other than that costing an arm and a leg apparently my doc wants to put me on it.

i tried it but ended up switching to abilify because of the side effects

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Finicums Wake posted:

i tried it but ended up switching to abilify because of the side effects

drat, have already tried abilify and it just made me become aware of the passage of time to an extreme level. Like I was so wound up I was counting seconds until I could do something.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The Netherlands is considering a travel ban for the holidays and the thought of spending the rest of the year utterly alone is crushing me. Help.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
haha i'm all hosed up and bullshit. someone help me. i have no one to talk to

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pressing f5 as fast as possible

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

What's up?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everything. Everything is up. I feel like I'm on an extreme downward spiral and I don't understand it.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Dolphin posted:

Everything. Everything is up. I feel like I'm on an extreme downward spiral and I don't understand it.

Take a few deep breaths. Take it slow. Take it one thing at a time.

What's the first thing you want to talk about?

Though just remember I am not a doctor so can only offer advice that has worked for me.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Dolphin posted:

stop pooping in your sink!

but also feel free to PM me if you just want to vent at someone. I'm apparently pretty good at listening (or reading, whatever)

hang in there. poo poo is going to be crazy for a little while around here, so it might be good to schedule time away from the computer/cspam/politics poo poo. that's advice for everyone.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

I know we are already pming Dolphin, but want to extend that offer to others. If you just need to vent I can listen. Can't diagnose you or therapize (that's a word shut up) you, but I can at least give you someone to talk to that has been down the mental health road a few times.

It sucks in the moment, but things do get better.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
You can PM me too dolphin, I'm here to chat

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Dolphin posted:

i was there a week ago and im still here. stupid bernie toxx took from me PMs, but i care for you, friend

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

definitely feeling a major panic coming on with the election two days away

also with DST it's bad timing, I'm going to try to get up an hour earlier than I did before to help "cancel" it out a bit.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

I'm feeling a bit of panic as well. Doesn't help that I am currently forced to listen to a constant stream of honking from the Trump parade outside my window. It just seems like there's nowhere to go to escape racist authoritarian assholes in this country. The way people are continuing to completely gently caress up the simplest thing -- preventing a pandemic by wearing a mask and staying indoors, is mind blowing sometimes when I stop to think about it.

On the one hand I just want this election to be over, but at the same time, its depressing to think that not a lot is really ever going to change in this country no matter who wins. These people exist and live everywhere and are the loud assholes in every community.

sim has issued a correction as of 00:28 on Nov 2, 2020

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Im getting a referral from my pcp to a transgender knowledgeable psychologist

Ive been on adderall long enough to have organized some of my thoughts and then i said those thoughts outloud to another human that isnt my wife.

Still scared that im making it all up in my head, but hopefully the thoughts-doctor can help.

Thanks for being a community that empowers trans people, goons. If i wasn't posting around so many freaking awesome accepting folks i dont think i would have ever considered that i share more with y'all than a common forum

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
hell yeah and good luck!! :)

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Mental health boon week:

- I did a 7-panel interview and the main interviewer said "please don't work for [soandso] work for us". Today they called me and gave me a verbal offer so I'm gonna not work for [soandso] and am gonna work for them instead :shobon:

- I crushed an interview with Facebook. The interviewer excitedly clapped when I got all four technical questions correct within the time limit. I am so relieved that the job above this not only pays more than Facebook but is also salaried and also not Facebook. Still really validating though

- I tripped last weekend for the first time from my first grow and it was so profound that it opened up some huge epiphanies in therapy

Life is good, friends

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Knot My President! posted:

Life is good, friends

it's not but I'm very happy for you

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I started laughing for no identifiable reason about an hour ago, I still kind of have that "about to laugh" feeling. It's kind of odd.

indigi posted:

hell yeah and good luck!! :)

:yeah:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I think my dad and I are no longer on speaking terms because I said unhoused people should be treated better. I personally have no interest in trying to keep the peace.

Kinda weird for your dad to tell you to gently caress off but I guess I'm glad he was clear. I really hope I can salvage my relationship with my mom and sister. I will press on.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
hi friends

generalized anxiety disorder here. awake, probably for good, after 3 hours of sleep. all the therapist-mandated breathing/relaxation exercises in the world aren’t gonna help me today.

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019

Life is good, friends

debatable, can I have your jobs and shrooms im a genius?

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019

Consummate Professional posted:

I think my dad and I are no longer on speaking terms because I said unhoused people should be treated better. I personally have no interest in trying to keep the peace.

Kinda weird for your dad to tell you to gently caress off but I guess I'm glad he was clear. I really hope I can salvage my relationship with my mom and sister. I will press on.

dont practice hardcore activism (only) on your family, its ultra not-worth-it.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

JaneError posted:

hi friends

generalized anxiety disorder here. awake, probably for good, after 3 hours of sleep. all the therapist-mandated breathing/relaxation exercises in the world aren’t gonna help me today.

are you taking meds for it? theres some decent ones for anxiety that arent benzos now

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I'm at the hospital getting admitted to IOP =)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I walked out of physical therapy today. Florida's in full OPEN'R'P mode, and in the small therapy area were 4 or 5 patients being treated by 4 therapists, myself and another patient coming in for therapy for the 9AM spot, and 3 other patients sitting waiting.

So now I guess I get to decide if risking the rona is worth the use of my right arm.

I hope America burns after today.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
i yearn for the day i can type "Life is good" online.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Please stay safe, everyone, no matter what the outcome of today is. Remember you don't have to watch the results, it won't change what will happen either way.

Take care of yourselves first and foremost.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?

blatman posted:

are you taking meds for it? theres some decent ones for anxiety that arent benzos now

Right now (I'm only 6 weeks into diagnosis) I'm just doing cognitive behavioral therapy, so no meds as of yet. Usually I'm just at constant, low-ish level anxiety for a variety of personal and professional subjects but today obviously has me off the charts.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

nerve posted:

i yearn for the day i can type "Life is good" online.

It took four years of therapy twice per week to get to a point where I can be comfortable counting my blessings without being completely overshadowed by intrusive thoughts. It's still pretty hard but at least I'm at a point where I can sometimes be thankful for positive things happening in my life without feeling like I need to be my own devil's advocate :)

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

It took four years of therapy twice per week to get to a point where I can be comfortable counting my blessings without being completely overshadowed by intrusive thoughts. It's still pretty hard but at least I'm at a point where I can sometimes be thankful for positive things happening in my life without feeling like I need to be my own devil's advocate :)

I'm really happy for you and it makes me hopeful it can happen for me :unsmith:

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
nevermind my professor got back to me and now instead of being a wreck about missing out im a wreck about having to maybe be a lead on a simulation project because i'm "strong im simulation" (a class i took last spring)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lady Militant has issued a correction as of 21:44 on Nov 3, 2020

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

JaneError posted:

Right now (I'm only 6 weeks into diagnosis) I'm just doing cognitive behavioral therapy, so no meds as of yet. Usually I'm just at constant, low-ish level anxiety for a variety of personal and professional subjects but today obviously has me off the charts.

i'm certainly not a doctor but i will say that i got put on a regular script for beta blockers for tachycardia and as a side effect it basically kicked my anxiety's rear end.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Lady Militant posted:

nevermind my professor got back to me and now instead of being a wreck about missing out im a wreck about having to maybe be a lead on a simulation project because i'm "strong im simulation" (a class i took last spring)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That sounds good? Grats if so, hope you can pull through

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I'm having a panic attack please help me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

AceOfFlames posted:

I'm having a panic attack please help me

I find a hot bath sometimes helps?