Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think it is kind of weird that they are doing a whole new franchise but the differentiation between the new setting/atmosphere and what Dark Souls did is not too clear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think it is kind of weird that they are doing a whole new franchise but the differentiation between the new setting/atmosphere and what Dark Souls did is not too clear

isn't that largely cause we know barely anything about it?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
this one is going to have a different kind of castle

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rinkles posted:

isn't that largely cause we know barely anything about it?

No, it's because GRRM barely knows anything about it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I mean, the concept footage looked indistinguishable to me from the intros to the Dark Souls games but I'm just a layperson I suppose, the true loreheads might be able to shed some light on it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Beat Pikmin today. Turns out being the best game on the WiiU still makes you the second best game on the switch

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Barudak posted:

Beat Pikmin today. Turns out being the best game on the WiiU still makes you the second best game on the switch

What is the best game on the Switch, then? Most people would say BotW, but that's a WiiU game.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Walla posted:

I keep meaning to try out the Dig games even though I dislike Metroidvanias. I loved Quest and just double-dipped on Heist on my 3DS as I think the second screen will be more useful.

I really enjoy what Image & Form has put out and I hope their new game shows up soon.

Both Digs are on sale on the 3DS eShop until tomorrow actually! That's how I bought Dig 2 and Heist lol

I'm not even sure that I'd call Dig 1 a Metroidvania, it's pretty linear with little side challenge rooms as you dig down. You could probably power through it in a day. Dig 2 has a lot more depth but has more of that open exploration, part of me wants to say to skip 1 and just go straight to 2 but since they're on sale...maybe get both?

E: for that matter, as someone who does like Metroidvanias I'd say even Dig 2 barely qualifies as one. It's not a sprawling map like a Hollow Knight or Super Metroid, but rather a few long linear regions you can dig through, with movement upgrades dictating how far through you can get through each one.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Oct 31, 2020

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I beat Hades. Congrats

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I beat Hades. Congrats

First escape, credits or epilogue

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

First escape, credits or epilogue
First escape. Gonna be a while before I try to do all of that

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have a whole set of new games I could be playing (I even finally got my copy of Star Wars Squadrons) but I'm spending my time leveling another job in FF14 lol

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Play what feels good, imo. I'm spending my time playing FIFA far more then I should with the other games I'm playing/enjoying/starting

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I hope Elden Ring didn't prevent them from making the full Sekiro DLC expansion. It stands out as the only modern one of those without one.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

im playing guilty gear xx accent core +r

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Are there people who are really excited about George RR Martin doing fuckin backstory lore lol

If there’s one thing asoiaf is good at it’s having an incredibly detailed, well thought out backstory

And if there’s one thing souls devs are good at its having a backstory only and no in your face story

I think it could work out

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

tbh i doubt GRRM is giving them more than 5 pages worth of material and they'll be doing 98% of the work

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Elden Ring's gonna kick rear end

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Today's ramen:

I was pretty happy with both the broth and the chicken with this one. The broth was homemade chicken bone broth, and I did the traditional method where the flavorings are kept separate, which gave me a lot of control. 1/2 tsp doubianjiang (it's pretty oily), 1 tsp gochujang, a pinch of gochugaru and dashi powder, 1 tbsp of soy sauce, and additional salt. I didn't put mirin but I probably should have to cut some of the tang; it was still great though, with a balanced heat, and the richness of the borth was the main thing.

The chicken was perfect, after preparing it based on how Marion's Kitchen did it in a video: slow cook the chicken in the broth to tenderize it and also leach out additional fat into the broth, then pat it dry, oil and season the skin and put it under a broiler to crisp up. I ate this with chopsticks and that chicken was perfect -- peel off the crispy skin and the underlying thigh I could just dig in with the chopsticks and pull off morsels since it was so tender

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It can't be too hard for GRRM to poo poo out a story, even Tom Clancy manages to write a new video game every other year.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I started up Star Wars Squadrons

User Agreement page 1/47 then Privacy and Cookie Policy page 1/45 lol

Edit: the game glitched out on the very first menu lmao

https://twitter.com/cleargatewest/status/1322429209193537539

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 31, 2020

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Now that’s what I call content

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Spring Break My Heart posted:

First escape. Gonna be a while before I try to do all of that

The escapes start rolling in after your first or second.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

It can't be too hard for GRRM to poo poo out a story, even Tom Clancy manages to write a new video game every other year.

Death can't even stop ol' Tom

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

On the other hand "Maarek Stele" was one of the random name choices and I just got a burst of nostalgia

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTw20-gAL2U

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is pretty e/n but it’s become clear to me now, looking over the years and my many, many starts and restarts in Baldur’s Gate, Pillars of Eternity, tyranny, Divinity Original Sin, dragon age, Skyrim, dark souls, basically every fantasy rpg, including MMOs, I am most comfortable and happiest when my character is a guy or girl in full-plate and on the frontline. I can’t do range. I can’t be squishy. Plate armour is the coolest armour

I think I’ve found, me.

Ofc in every Fallout I’ve always just been a rifle sneaky guy, never really done melee, so who knows

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

After rebooting and playing the tutorial maybe Squadrons will be kind of neat? It plays well enough (at first glance better than the spaceships in Battlefront 2) though I could probably use a "match speed of target" button... was that in the XWTF games or something I'm remembering from like Freespace or something? It is feeling like a mix of those and the Rogue Squadron games, which I assume was their goal.

Maybe this whole "play the war from both sides" thing will end up with some Ace Combat level of pathos lol, I am also playing as two ladies and while it seems like bare minimum characterization so were the old games and it is nice to have the option

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

More 👏 female 👏 stormtroopers 👏

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
could people please post their best pictures of video game witches for my good friend drunk cheetah, but not bayonetta because they've already seen that one

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CubeTheory posted:

could people please post their best pictures of video game witches for my good friend drunk cheetah, but not bayonetta because they've already seen that one

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

this is just red bayonetta what a betrayal

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wasn't going to post drunk with a star next to my name but my discord posts are being relayed here, what a betrayal

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
what are the properties of a witch? what makes her different from a sorceress or a mage

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CubeTheory posted:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

what are the properties of a witch? what makes her different from a sorceress or a mage

aesthetics

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

i liked these witches:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010