Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I bought a VapCap based on a recommendation in this thread. It doesn't work well for me - getting it to the right temperature with a lighter is a pain (when it double-clicks, it's definitely not hot enough to produce vapor in mine) and it holds such a miniscule amount.

I ended up giving it to someone for whom it works very well.

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I often worry about how much butane I've inhaled over the years lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The VapCap seems neat but my glass genie works so well that I don't really think I need a replacement yet. It also doesn't seem all that great for long sessions but maybe it is, I can hit the genie forever without refilling it as long as I stir it up every few hits. If I was looking for something to use outdoors this seems like a good option for sure though

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Chinatown posted:

Can any bong be converted into a dab/concentrate rig? I've just been smoking on a $20 bubbler with removable bowl since I really ~got back into~ smoking weed a few months ago when I took a hiatus from drinking.

i dont know much about dab rigs but most bongs now have inverted stems where the detachable bowl is the female end. not sure if that makes it convertible or not?

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
All you have to do is replace the bowl with a banger of the correct size, sex and angle.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Agrinja posted:

All you have to do is replace the bowl with a banger of the correct size, sex and angle.

Thanks. I want to get a nice piece here soon (and a rig) and just looking for it to be convertible depending on what I wanna smoke. :okpos:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

TotalLossBrain posted:

I bought a VapCap based on a recommendation in this thread. It doesn't work well for me - getting it to the right temperature with a lighter is a pain (when it double-clicks, it's definitely not hot enough to produce vapor in mine) and it holds such a miniscule amount.

I ended up giving it to someone for whom it works very well.

I bought the Cyclone II lighter to go along with it and it works pretty well, but it takes a little practice. Someone in the C-SPAM weed thread recommended a single-flame torch instead.

I usually do two bowls back to back and it keeps me nicely baked for a good few hours.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I just had a forced T-break due to work travel. Looking forward to getting blasted tonight.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

poverty goat posted:

Try heating the tip a little longer past the clicks, and also heating lower, almost at the bottom of the cap, around the V in Dynavap. This gave me the best hits with the 2020 M. The Ti tip does heat up and dump its heat much faster, making for snappier rips (tips are interchangeable btw, you don't have to buy the whole Ti rig)

i'll try that... i watched a bunch of youtubes of people getting good rips off of it and i can't really see any difference in what they are doing. but it would be good to figure out

i have a lot of vapes but always just end up hitting the bong. pinch of weed in the bowl, roast it, done.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Mozi posted:

i'll try that... i watched a bunch of youtubes of people getting good rips off of it and i can't really see any difference in what they are doing. but it would be good to figure out

i have a lot of vapes but always just end up hitting the bong. pinch of weed in the bowl, roast it, done.

The first hit always sucks. Some people just treat it as a pre-heat cycle.

I get the best experience by sitting it on a coin or something metal between hits to force the clicker to reset without the whole tip cooling down.

So I can keep the whole thing hovering in the good-temp-zone, ya know?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The vapcap takes a while to get the hang of and is more affected by technique. Along with keeping the mid-point of the chamber over the flame, try to roll the barrel over the tip of the torch flame so the chamber heats up more evenly and hold the vapcap at a 45 degree angle while heating it with the torch flame perpendicular to it. As you get better you can run the torch along the length of the chamber while spinning it to get it up to temp even faster.

Also keep in mind it’s more of a micro doser, with my screen set at the deepest chamber notch it barely fits .10g of material if I tamp it in. I kind of want to upgrade to the titanium one and give this to a friend.

I find it to be the perfect travel piece. I keep it in the plastic tube and bring a jyarz container half full of ground weed, it’s perfect for smoking around a fire. The first hit is usually wispy, 2 and 3 are solid and dense, 4th is where it starts to get toasted.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I bought a dynacoil for the dynavap, and am picking up some gelonade diamonds and sauce tomorrow.

And to think that 25 years ago, I used to hotknife soap bar using an electric hob and a plastic bottle.

[e: added pic. It's loving tiny]

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 29, 2020

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Using a Vapcap with a conventional lighter is so time consuming, uneven and generally frustrating that it's almost pointless. I think I'd sooner go outside, dig a small hole, start a fire, and then leave it muzzle-first in the embers and coals for a minute.

I got a small two flame torch lighter for out and about use, but I find it holds so little butane that it's not very good as a daily driver. Instead I use a cheap creme brulee torch and it gives me perfect results every time :keke:

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Chinatown you got some disposable income right? Get a puffco if you are interested in getting into concentrates. Smoothest dabs around. Steepish at 300, but very nice.

Otherwise you can get complete rig for like ~40 bucks, that have good reclaim catches.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hardawn posted:

Chinatown you got some disposable income right? Get a puffco if you are interested in getting into concentrates. Smoothest dabs around. Steepish at 300, but very nice.

Otherwise you can get complete rig for like ~40 bucks, that have good reclaim catches.

I might give a cheap rig a try to start but those look pretty fancy smancy. :) danke.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

One bowl wasn’t really getting me high anymore so I tried smoking two bowls and I think the problem is solved, so that’s where I’m at

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

fuctifino posted:

And to think that 25 years ago, I used to hotknife soap bar using an electric hob and a plastic bottle.

somewhere around here I think I still have the old hosed up steak knife i used to hotknife honey oil like a decade before "dabs" or "dab rigs"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZQnN5IYIso

I love this video because here, in 2008, hashbean is the first youtube weed celebrity, the original customgrow420, with a massive collection of the latest glass given to him by top glass blowers for him to promote on youtube. And he has no clue how to get the oil into himself. He's never heard of a dab rig or a banger or a pen or any of it, just 12 years ago, because it was still just hotknives and hash/oil.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 30, 2020

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
there are so many fuckin weed channels on YouTube now

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I only enjoy watching videos from growers, and while I don't like the green house dutch seed company strain hunters is a must watch for some cool cannabis grow culture in other countries.

Mendo Dope is a rap group but they are grow gods doing outdoor, above ground pots growing trees. Really cool to see

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Endless Trash posted:

One bowl wasn’t really getting me high anymore so I tried smoking two bowls and I think the problem is solved, so that’s where I’m at

if you dont want to cut back id move from a regular pipe to something with a water chamber. lets you get more bang for your buck from a single bowl pack in my experience. i prefer bubblers over bongs

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hardawn posted:

Mendo Dope is a rap group but they are grow gods doing outdoor, above ground pots growing trees. Really cool to see

holy crap those are huge

Duckwaffle
Nov 8, 2010

This channel will be streaming an edit of Dracula and Alien tonight, i assure you it is very :weed:

https://twitter.com/racertrash/status/1321180018052050955

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I had a meeting at 3, which meant I had the perfect excuse to not sit in my guy's car talking about Bill Gates population control conspiracies. :keke:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Diamonds and sauce are certainly an experience. It's amazing how little you need and how high you can get.

I'm also pretty sure pure THCa crystals aren't illegal in the UK under the misuse of drugs act or psychoactive substances act.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
so if i wanna give dabbing a go i just need:

-quartz banger + carb cap
-torch
-metal tool

+ my lil showerhead waterpipe.

right?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Chinatown posted:

so if i wanna give dabbing a go i just need:

-quartz banger + carb cap
-torch
-metal tool

+ my lil showerhead waterpipe.

right?

That'll do it! I never got a nail though, I fell for nectar collectors, so my dab set up is

-torch
-nectar collector/honey straw
-a glass, oven-safe ramekin

The only way to do it that I didn't like was the trench-shaped banger, maybe I was doing something wrong but the shatter just kind of pooled at the bottom.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I can only begin to wonder why this weed is so cheap.

If I had to guess, it's outdoor that got caught in the september snap snow, cut early, and now it's on the hairs' edge of its' testing expiration.

I'm no fool, I went to one of my regular haunts and bought good indoor grown weed. Can't say I wasn't tempted, maybe if it's still around next week, probably just as meh as shake for the same price.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Yeah sometimes there's just too much weed and it seems like they've gotta get rid of it. There was some crazy deal I found a couple years ago that was like $150 for 4 ounces and it was just some decent outdoor weed. I think at the time I was mostly smoking all day every day so it was nice to just have huge sacks of weed of middling quality.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I smoke all day every day and am at the point where "I'm not sure I'm high" is an hourly thought I have

CHODEGOD420
Oct 27, 2020

by Athanatos
im high

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Day 205 of an unbroken wake'n'bake run.

Lemon Haze vapcaps followed by gelonade Diamonds and sauce dabs.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Year 5 over here, I recommend coffee

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Coffee + Weed is a tremendous combination. Just delightful.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Chinatown posted:

every day!

this morning was coffee + weed + the new nonlocal forecast album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uIqLlxdC3M

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Chinatown posted:

I've heard that called a Seattle speedball. Whatever it is, it's a great way to chill on a weekend.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ive also heard it called a hippie speedball ... whatever you want to call it, it rules

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thathonkey posted:

ive also heard it called a hippie speedball ... whatever you want to call it, it rules

Hippies just call it getting out of the house. :rznv:

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Chinatown posted:

Indeed. I find floraplex's raspberry lemonade terps with nearly any coffee transforms the flavor into gingerbread. Been more into Element's live resin lately but occasionally grab a distillate cart specifically for coffee.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I can only begin to wonder why this weed is so cheap.

If I had to guess, it's outdoor that got caught in the september snap snow, cut early, and now it's on the hairs' edge of its' testing expiration.

I'm no fool, I went to one of my regular haunts and bought good indoor grown weed. Can't say I wasn't tempted, maybe if it's still around next week, probably just as meh as shake for the same price.

Dude that’s like 12 year old weed you probably won’t get to smoke it again.

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nah. That line of shops here tends to have cheap weed all the time. They have ads up pretty constantly for what's obviously either outdoor that was poorly tended or lazily maintained indoor. It's usually one strain at a time and $50/oz. I've contemplated going to their shops before, but it feels like one of those situations where I'd get less stem buying $40/ozs of shake.

Probably not bad if you're making edibles from it though.