Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Sloppy posted:

The best one was LEGOS MEGATHREAD, such a good troll.

Do people buy/sell at all in this thread? I got sucked back in hard after a few years break and bought ~150lb of bulk over the past few weeks and will be shooting out a steady stream of old school space sets as I go through it trying to recoup some money.

I've also got some partial sets that I probably won't bother rebuilding (6075-2 big yellow castle and 7181 UCS Tie Interceptor) that I'd like to move along after I figure out what all is missing.

Same here, Not looking to make any money, just funding my habit and I enjoy the defective work of identifying sets and minifigs. I also enjoy chasing the deal, best one I got was $50 for a collection that I had to drive an hour for, major haul. Most I’ve spent was $1000 and that was easily $3000 made after I reassembled and resold the sets. I do stuff like this, wind up sorting and selling for 6 months then get tired of it. Never again. Then the itch gets me and I’m searching Craigslist again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
This was the set of conditions for the GWP.

veni veni veni posted:

Wonder why Legos online store constantly sells out of poo poo and you can just walk into their retail stores and buy anything. Like, I have never not been able to find a sold out set at my local Lego Stores. And it's always been like that even before the pandemic.

I had trouble getting the Tree House a few months back in store. Eventually got it by phoning around on the day they got the new shipments in a few times.

Apparently here (Aus) the Lego stores and Lego online stuff is separate, which might explain why the stock levels are different and why my VIP points don't carry over.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I think the best option for anyone looking to sell is probably to start a thread in SA Mart to contain all the buying/selling questions and answers, and link the thread here with a brief description of what's on offer

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

veni veni veni posted:

Wonder why Legos online store constantly sells out of poo poo and you can just walk into their retail stores and buy anything. Like, I have never not been able to find a sold out set at my local Lego Stores. And it's always been like that even before the pandemic.

Scalpers buy up all the new sets the day they’re released. LEGO puts limits up but they’re still like 3 or 5 per customer.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKa1n0iRulw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_s0D0XnKIo

:stare:

I knew Galidor was weird but i have never looked at it in much detail or seen it compared to a minifig or a human, so i had no idea of the scale of the stuff.
What the gently caress Lego.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Scalpers buy up all the new sets the day they’re released. LEGO puts limits up but they’re still like 3 or 5 per customer.

Most sets the limit is like 10 per customer per day, the REALLY POPULAR ones are limited to 3 per customer, per vpn.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm guessing this is the black friday gift? I didn't see it in the calendar. Weird that they would be giving it out so early.

E: also lol at the new xmas set already backordered past Xmas. Sigh, gonna have to go into the store to get it, I guess. Ugh.

Charles Brickens was right there, come on.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Cojawfee posted:

Charles Brickens was right there, come on.

They wanted you to put that together yourself

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Brawnfire posted:

drat dude

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop
btw, the Han Solo Keychain https://www.lego.com/de-at/product/star-wars-han-solo-keychain-5006363
is already available as a GWP, for anyone interested. (*german Lego.de)

soooo, i just got 4 GWP with a Tantive IV... :clint:

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
if any of you read Brickset you may have seen an article a week or two ago about a company/website called BuildaMOC. Their concept is pretty simple: they provide instructions and pieces for MOCs, basically turning them into sets for people who don't wanna deal with sourcing the pieces themselves on Bricklink or whatever. Other websites have done this before, but they've been silly expensive. BuildaMOC brings the prices down by ordering in bulk and keeping a warehouse of pieces onsite (about half a million, I heard). The point is: they can actually offer my MOCs as sets for (usually) cheaper than I used to do it myself, so I've signed on with 'em and I have a few of my cars on offer there, with more to come: https://buildamoc.com/pages/seller-profile/tom-gion. So that's pretty exciting.

full disclosure: 1) they set the prices based on the MOC inventories, not me. 2) I get 10% of the sales as profit.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 30, 2020

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Brawnfire posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuck

Carbohydrates posted:

if any of you read Brickset you may have seen an article a week or two ago about a company/website called BuildaMOC. Their concept is pretty simple: they provide instructions and pieces for MOCs, basically turning them into sets for people who don't wanna deal with sourcing the pieces themselves on Bricklink or whatever. Other websites have done this before, but they've been silly expensive. BuildaMOC brings the prices down by ordering in bulk and keeping a warehouse of pieces onsite (about half a million, I heard). The point is: they can actually offer my MOCs as sets for (usually) cheaper than I used to do it myself, so I've signed on with 'em and I have a few of my cars on offer there, with more to come: https://buildamoc.com/pages/seller-profile/tom-gion. So that's pretty exciting.

full disclosure: 1) they set the prices based on the MOC inventories, not me. 2) I get 10% of the sales as profit.

woah that's awesome

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I saw that, very cool!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Yeah, I'm pretty excited. Even if nobody really uses it, it's at least an option I can point to on the rare occasions people ask me about commissions lol. Also, I'll get to work on alternate colors for, like, the Chevelle that costs $71 because it's lime green.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Ineptitude posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKa1n0iRulw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_s0D0XnKIo

:stare:

I knew Galidor was weird but i have never looked at it in much detail or seen it compared to a minifig or a human, so i had no idea of the scale of the stuff.
What the gently caress Lego.

There is a reason why Galidor is considered the worst Lego theme of all time, and it's not close.

To be honest, I'd love to get them just to display at shows and confuse everyone.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!

Carbohydrates posted:

This is awesome!

Any idea how much your bank would cost on this site?

Also, would that disqualify it from being an Ideas submission?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

pzy posted:

This is awesome!

Any idea how much your bank would cost on this site?

Also, would that disqualify it from being an Ideas submission?
Probably a fortune lol. And yeah, I can't have it (or instructions for it) for sale if it's gonna go on Ideas.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Make an Ideas set that uses the rarest pieces in the rarest colors just to get more of them in circulation.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sloppy posted:

The best one was LEGOS MEGATHREAD, such a good troll.
the mod should occasionally add and remove the S to the end of LEGO in the thread title at random. don't give in to the cowards who want it to be Lego Building Blocks. :colbert:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Captain Invictus posted:

the mod should occasionally add and remove the S to the end of LEGO in the thread title at random. don't give in to the cowards who want it to be Lego Building Blocks. :colbert:

That's Lego Brand Building Blocks.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
CONTENTS: PLASTIC TOY PARTS

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

First of May posted:

Make an Ideas set that uses the rarest pieces in the rarest colors just to get more of them in circulation.

I feel like this was the idea behind the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and its laughably unrealistic amount of chromed pieces

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Does lego even do chromed pieces anymore? Doesn't the chrome coating cause the pieces to be too large and cause stress when they are connected to other bricks.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Lego is an uncountable noun you uncivilised American barbarians.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Chairchucker posted:

Lego is an uncountable noun you uncivilised American barbarians.

The post avatar combo here was perfect!

There are some images floating around the usual places about something called "Lego Mythica" but its not clear if it is a new theme next year or if it is something related to one of the theme parks. Wondering if they are going to do a sort of Greek / Mythology type thing? They have certainly produced all the moulds required over a decade of cmfs. Just off the top of my head I can remember a Minotaur, Medusa, Cyclops and a Spartan / Hoplite type guy.

It would be something of a dream theme for me, but as ever I am prepared to be let down (thinking of Nexo Knights and it being considered a "Castle" theme).

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Cojawfee posted:

Does lego even do chromed pieces anymore? Doesn't the chrome coating cause the pieces to be too large and cause stress when they are connected to other bricks.

They do, but I believe the only part that's still chromed is the minifig ring. I wasn't aware of the chroming causing parts to be too big, but I always figured that Lego mostly stopped making chromed parts because the coating rubs off if you play with it too much, kind of like the original gold Classic Space logos.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The Brick Bank modular of a few years back had chrome ingots

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

New UCS Ecto One has leaked.

Same scale as the 89 Batmobile. $200, out on Monday supposedly.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHAMmSQJ127/?igshid=8cde42i4txy3

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

That seems incredibly soon. Usually they advertise a bit of time ahead. Looks amazing though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Huh, it’s got stuff from GB: Afterlife. The RC trap with wheels

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Huh, it’s got stuff from GB: Afterlife. The RC trap with wheels

The rust, and a I think a few minor new grebbles on the roof are also from Afterlife.

I assume Lego thought it wasn't worth the cost to delay this as a UCS set. They do supposedly have a full line coming out for GBA which is using the Hidden Size phone game.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Been waiting for this one, 21108 is one of my favorite sets.

Hopefully it's sturdy as the Batmobile is so I can wallmount it as well.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

The rust, and a I think a few minor new grebbles on the roof are also from Afterlife.

I assume Lego thought it wasn't worth the cost to delay this as a UCS set. They do supposedly have a full line coming out for GBA which is using the Hidden Size phone game.

I hope the rust patches are stickers, so I can leave them off.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Welp so much for being responsible with my lego buying this month.

Re: Lego/Legos: "Legos" always just has the same vibe as "calling every game system a Nintendo" to me.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

I hope the rust patches are stickers, so I can leave them off.

I just noticed its got the fold out gunners seat too.

I'll probably mod this, minus the seat if its a pain, to be the original film version.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Oxyclean posted:

Welp so much for being responsible with my lego buying this month.

Re: Lego/Legos: "Legos" always just has the same vibe as "calling every game system a Nintendo" to me.

It's still October and this comes out in November so technicially.........

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

PriorMarcus posted:

New UCS Ecto One has leaked.

Same scale as the 89 Batmobile. $200, out on Monday supposedly.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHAMmSQJ127/?igshid=8cde42i4txy3
holy poo poo that is gorgeous.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Sigh, just when I get out they pull me back in...

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Krazyface posted:

The Brick Bank modular of a few years back had chrome ingots
They appeared as recently as 2019 in this set, too. I learned that a couple weeks ago and was blown away. I, too, thought LEGO was done with chrome / chrome gold.

Something feels a tiny bit... off about the Ecto-1. I can't place it. I'll definitely need to see a full review.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Barracuda Bay didn't come with a chest of gold???

CommanderApaul posted:

It's still October and this comes out in November so technicially.........
Well, "this month" meaning November cause boy, I was not responsible in October. :v:

Granted, the plan to be responsible in November is contingent on what happens for the black friday event.