Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you rollen?
This poll is closed.
Fahrvergnügen 34 25.95%
Lederhosen 41 31.30%
Schnitzelhasen 56 42.75%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If BER opens, there’s no way it doesn’t shut down again immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Hexyflexy posted:

It's going to catch fire, burn down completely, and put everyone out of it's misery.

Yes, but the smoke is going to be vented vertically through the basement and then out the sides

Nutapii
Jun 24, 2020

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Germany is currently crawling towards the 20,000 new infections mark and starting a "Lockdown-Light" (yes, this is literally what our government is calling it) on Monday.

But there is one thing that's opening after having its grand-opening delayed for almost ten loving years through repeated construction gently caress-ups that border on - and go well beyond - comical insanity:

The loving BER airport.

:psypop:

The most up to date deadline being October 2020 was the most unintentionally hilarious part of listening to the How to gently caress up an Airport podcast recorded in 2017, I can't believe they've actually done it.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Sean Connery died :smith:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nutapii posted:

The most up to date deadline being October 2020 was the most unintentionally hilarious part of listening to the How to gently caress up an Airport podcast recorded in 2017, I can't believe they've actually done it.

Behold the opening of this absolutely horrendous piece of architecture

https://ber.berlin-airport.de/de/news/livestream-31-10-2020.html

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If you guys didn't see, a fleet of trump cars with armed people inside surrounded a biden tour bus, wouldn't let them get to their destination, rammed supporters cars, and prevented a Biden rally from happening. The police just shrugged and said "not my jurisdiction."

https://twitter.com/ericcervini/status/1322336226792321025

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Also, Sean Connery just died.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Nutapii posted:

The most up to date deadline being October 2020

https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/1306586684935503872

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Trump supporters are the dumbest so they are the most vulnerable.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What loving vaccine?!?

Are they claiming they have a miracle-vaccine tested, approved, and ALREADY IN INDUSTRIALISATION, but keeping it back like a last-minute reality show reveal? What in the entire gently caress is this messaging and strategy

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What loving vaccine?!?

Are they claiming they have a miracle-vaccine tested, approved, and ALREADY IN INDUSTRIALISATION, but keeping it back like a last-minute reality show reveal? What in the entire gently caress is this messaging and strategy

You're overthinking this, they were lying and will now lie about lying then.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Flikken posted:

you the dead man now dog

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

you the dead man now dog

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You're overthinking this, they were lying and will now lie about lying then.

A lie from september, according to that tweet.

Lol. A vaccine for a coronavirus.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Flikken posted:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mr. Nice! posted:

The police just shrugged and said "not my jurisdiction."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hC3uyQdQKM

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

another dead wife beater, this rules actually

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1322534172339150853?s=20

What did Trump have against Sean Connery?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cons love wife beaters though is he trying to lose the election

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

It looks like that SOF may have freed an American hostage in Niger, which is obviously a good thing but I’ll bet Trump hopes that it’ll translate well for his political fortunes.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Congrats on not fragging the hostage this time.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh my god. Has trump had to pronounce Niger once his entire presidency?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh my god. Has trump had to pronounce Niger once his entire presidency?

They must have someone redoing the Radioactive Man sense with him right now working on the line.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

MRC48B posted:

Congrats on not fragging the hostage this time.

probably let the Army do it

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Flying_Crab posted:

probably let the Army do it

I was gonna say he did say special forces but like that fat orange turd knows there's a difference between special forces and special operations or special sauce

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you guys didn't see, a fleet of trump cars with armed people inside surrounded a biden tour bus, wouldn't let them get to their destination, rammed supporters cars, and prevented a Biden rally from happening. The police just shrugged and said "not my jurisdiction."

https://twitter.com/ericcervini/status/1322336226792321025

Can the police do that? I know that when someone hit and ran me on a highway on ramp once near a city border 911 operator wantes me to moved my jacked up car from a BofA to a mcdonalds accross the street so she could be sure to call the right cops, but where one set of cops jurisdiction ends another set assuredly begins.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

It really sucks that I, a white dude in America, felt compelled to buy a gun because of these psychos.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Woofer posted:

It really sucks that I, a white dude in America, felt compelled to buy a gun because of these psychos.

Welcome to the club!

Okay they're not the only reason, just fun hobby stuff, but they're sure as poo poo not a small part of the equation either.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I've talked to a few local folks about picking up something used, but I should probably talk to my husband first. He still seems to think I'm being a bit paranoid about all this.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I've talked to a few local folks about picking up something used, but I should probably talk to my husband first. He still seems to think I'm being a bit paranoid about all this.

He's the thing, it probably will be, but it's something that can be used for fun too, so it's not like buying a bunker or something where you need a bad event to validate it.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

He's the thing, it probably will be, but it's something that can be used for fun too, so it's not like buying a bunker or something where you need a bad event to validate it.

We've talked with our neighbor about doing some shooting for fun and even getting something ourselves. With all the anxiety the election and all the events surrounding it are causing me, I'm not in as great of a shape as I would prefer to me. If I had the ability to snap my fingers and know how this will turn out, it'd be great. The only real hesitation for a firearm in the house, is that a long time ago, my husband was hospitalized for an attempted suicide and I saw mental health for anxiety that made me a tad confrontational and aggressive. I'm way better now with therapy, but it's one of those things where I want to have a gun or two, but I don't know if it's the best idea yet.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ammo is still a pain in the rear end to find. Ammoseek is pretty decent and served me well enough recently. Hunting ammo is creeping up in price now too. Same rifle ammo I bought two months ago is up 25¢/rd to $1.20 apiece. Same ammo a year ago was 75¢/rd.

Shooting can be lots of fun, it doesn't have to be all serious and black rifle bullshit. If it's a fear of recoil, start with a .22lr. It's cheaper to shoot but hard to find, but runs 10¢/rd right now vs 9mm being around 50¢/rd. Go check out a range that does rentals and ask if they have a .22lr, then burn $30 on ammo to shoot for a few hours.

Guns have been coming back into stock recently so it shouldn't be hard to find a .22lr unless you want something super specific. Then get ready to camp on ammoseek. Don't buy remington, guns or ammo.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I totally understand. Depending on the specifics of your husband's hospitalization, he may not even be allowed one. Only tip I have is makr sure the case, safe, or whatever have a good lock, and that you and only you possess the combination or key to it. Also have a friend who will, legally, be able to take it from you and store it if there’s an issue.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I totally understand. Depending on the specifics of your husband's hospitalization, he may not even be allowed one. Only tip I have is makr sure the case, safe, or whatever have a good lock, and that you and only you possess the combination or key to it. Also have a friend who will, legally, be able to take it from you and store it if there’s an issue.

I'll certainly have to look into that, it was when he was a minor, but what that means is beyond me. The house we bought has a safe already in it, though we have to get the combination redone, but that's easy enough. Thanks.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Alternatively you could just not get a weapon, I dont see guns or knives being particularly useful unless you see a future in which mad max banditry will be the number one employer or you know you have the absolute gumption to kill first and not ask questions.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I'll certainly have to look into that, it was when he was a minor, but what that means is beyond me. The house we bought has a safe already in it, though we have to get the combination redone, but that's easy enough. Thanks.

You're very welcome. There are also FFLs who will hold guns during a mental health issue for a fee, if you ever become concerned about yourself and your anxiety. It’s entirely possible that his event was never reported into a system or conversely it was dumped in wholesale after Virginia Tech when they added in a lot of stuff like that. Wish I could give a more definitive answer. That said I think the standard of having it secured so it can't be access by a prohibited pwrson, like a safe, should keep it good and legal in theory.

Now on to something more silly...spooky Navy social media.

https://twitter.com/usnavy/status/1322538875215073286?s=21

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah my wife inherited a handgun from her father but I really don't see us firing out of our car or through a crowd at Target or something. It's just going to sit in the nightstand gathering dust and waiting for the Patriot Boys to home invade us, I guess.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Defenestrategy posted:

Alternatively you could just not get a weapon, I dont see guns or knives being particularly useful unless you see a future in which mad max banditry will be the number one employer or you know you have the absolute gumption to kill first and not ask questions.

If I told you that chuds were going door to door looking for antifa, would you believe me?

Because whether or not it has happened, if you can believe it, then it’s probably not too far off.

And then what?

E: for the record, what got me to buy a gun was the Afghanistan style checkpoints chuds were setting up in the PNW.

Woofer fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Oct 31, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tell your doorman not to let them in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Get a dog.