Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

nm posted:

edit: It's that guy^^^^^^^^

Someone on the discord is a Canadian lawyer, but I can't remember who because I'm terrible.

terrorist ambulance?

Edit: lovely snipe. I feel compelled to go back to the OP and report that not only is ta Canadian but also CmdrSmirnoff and...Gleri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Ok I've got pms invite me to the thing

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I meant Canadian lawyer in the discord okay

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I meant Canadian lawyer in the discord okay

There is a Canadian lawyer in the discord. It is thehoodie. He just doesn't show up much.
I am a lawyer who is Canadian, but that's different.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
You've seen the light and accepted the perfect reason of our founding documents into your soul, like John Galt before you.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/kept_simple/status/1320240704749264896

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Idgi

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Amy Coney Barrett, Brett Kavanaugh, and John Roberts were all attorneys on the "Bush" side of Bush v. Gore in 2000.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Vox Nihili posted:

Amy Coney Barrett, Brett Kavanaugh, and John Roberts were all attorneys on the "Bush" side of Bush v. Gore in 2000.

yuck

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Appellate courts aren't even real, probably.

Vox Nihili fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 27, 2020

Gleri
Mar 10, 2009
I’m a Canadian lawyer can I join your Discord?

I probably post in this thread once a year but I don’t want to be left out. Also I feel like poo poo is going to go down in the American legal world over the next few weeks.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Gleri posted:

I’m a Canadian lawyer can I join your Discord?

I probably post in this thread once a year but I don’t want to be left out. Also I feel like poo poo is going to go down in the American legal world over the next few weeks.

You're the prosecutor right? You may be required to act contrite. Are you capable of apolog... Oh wait, canadian you're fine then.

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012
Hey, all. I got your ping on Discord, Fish. No, I'm not actually a lawyer, just an interested lurker. This is one of the career chat threads I subscribe to, and I asked for a Discord invite during the days when we thought this forum might go away. Now that it clearly isn't, feel free to boot me from the Discord. No hard feelings.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Thanks for the reply and the honesty there, hope you keep hanging around here and posting!

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003
OK, I WILL, IN A MINUTE...
To your ping Fish, I am one of those mythical creatures who went from doing doc review for years to a cushy salaried staff attorney gig at a V50 firm.

I spend my days shitposting on Discord and posting links to Trump tweets.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Dms open for discord link

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
To your ping, Fish, I'm another Canadian lawyer (counsel for a regulatory agency) who, mostly, lurks this thread (I posted a lot more when I was in school) and joined the Discord when it looked like the forums were going to go away. Username on Discord is the first half of this one.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 31, 2020

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

hey fish this thread (and discord tbh) is mostly US-focused so i rarely have much to add. not a lawyer, but i do a lot of regulatory/compliance work in the uk

we even had a discussion on whisky when there were only 3 people on the server, the presentations being at 2:30am means i couldn't make any of them though

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Appreciate the reply folks, thanks!

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.
I'm a lawyer. My 10-year sadiversary is in May.

Is this because I went to Cooley? I thought pursuant to the settlement agreement, you had to let at least one of us into the club.

Copernic
Sep 16, 2006

...A Champion, who by mettle of his glowing personal charm alone, saved the universe...
lawyer.

E: and then some

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
So many Canadian lawyers, like me also

E: for some reason there are two of me on discord, keep the #3075 one

thehoodie fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 31, 2020

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
why did I get the sus ping? I'm literally in the op

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Meatbag Esq. posted:

pretty sus

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Meatbag Esq. posted:

What, you expect me to actually doo doo dilicence on my work :rolleyes:

But possibly I or discord hosed up the notification thing so please check what group you are in because you were all pre-vetted and shouldn't have been notified. Good that everyone is double checking (so I don't have to).

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

thehoodie posted:

So many Canadian lawyers, like me also

E: for some reason there are two of me on discord, keep the #3075 one

Done. Thanks.

loving knew I remembered you from somewhere
VVV

Nice piece of fish fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 31, 2020

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I have been threatened with Discord explulsion. I even have an effort post in the OP!

So long as transactional lawyers in good standing with the bar count as lawyers, I am one.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

bold claim

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
I dunno how discord works but I got the ping and there’s like 9 groups now so

I made it out of Rehab and 60+ days sober but still a lawyer unfortunately

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I have to post in this thread about something? If I don’t, will you give me a job as something other than a lawyer?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I'm not a lawyer but I follow the thread. I guess kick me out of the dischord if you want to.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I'm a lawyer and @Cpt_Friendship on discord, please spare me the guillotine I follow too many discords to keep up with

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I'm an IP lawyer and I would appreciate a discord invite link.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I'm an IP lawyer and I would appreciate a discord invite link.

I’ll PM

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Thank you.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Wtf is sus and which of you nerds made my name purple? I've been in this thread for fifteen years!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

BigHead posted:

Wtf is sus and which of you nerds made my name purple? I've been in this thread for fifteen years!

You acting like you don't know what sus is is very sus.

it means suspect

Grayly Squirrel
Apr 10, 2008

BigHead posted:

Thats a sus thing to say.

Got a very nice PM asking me to stop intentionally hurting myself in D&D and come here, so I can wallow in self pity with fellow schmucks. Sounds fun.

I'm a public sector lawyer in the US. I'd appreciate a discord invite too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Sab0921 posted:

I have been threatened with Discord explulsion. I even have an effort post in the OP!

So long as transactional lawyers in good standing with the bar count as lawyers, I am one.

Can confirm this guy is sufficiently evil to participate