Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick

This is my favorite tattoo I've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wrong thread for sure

Follow up from an earlier entry:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HISTORYUK/status/1322114714277613569

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54747089

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
"Could cause offense" and not "express viewpoints repugnant to any decent person" is some extremely don't get mad at me poo poo

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I love that they insist on adding that the nazi dude continues to insist he's not a nazi, as if he's EVER going to admit to it or stop making up clearly bogus meanings for his tattoos

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Wouldn't get, but is excellent

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I do feel bad for the other non Nazi contestants. but on the other hand when you’ve been derided as the hitler channel for some odd 20 years (even if it’s the UK affiliate), holy poo poo you deserve twice the scorn you’re getting.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

I admit it made me laugh but that left fist/arm is really not good.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Accurate, though

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

That's my purse!
I don't know you!

*Does a Solar Flare*

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I love that they insist on adding that the nazi dude continues to insist he's not a nazi, as if he's EVER going to admit to it or stop making up clearly bogus meanings for his tattoos

He must be so embarrassed!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I hope Matt Furie and WB sue them.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Why are there 6 dots in his forehead?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This frog looks so depressed to be forced into appearing in the tattoo.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Why are there 6 dots in his forehead?

Dragonball Z thing. I don't know the specifics

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
In real life it's also some kind of thing some monks do by burning incense on their heads, but I'm not really sure why. But like real people have that.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Field Mousepad posted:

Dragonball Z thing. I don't know the specifics

Thanks for the hint, I found it: "It might not be immediately obvious to a casual viewer, especially if they’ve never seen the original Dragon Ball, but Kuririn was originally designed as a Shaolin monk. His shaved head, his original yellow outfit, and yes, even the dots on his forehead — which are actually incense burns — are all taken straight from the classic image of Shaolin martial artist monks."

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Kwyndig posted:

Has nose, not accurate :colbert:

Hey, that's the reincarnation of Lama Sanglug you're talking about there.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Those poor feet...those weird, elongated proportions...my eyes...:argh:

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Very much wrong thread.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

It really is almost great except for the feet. Well, from halfway down the calf to the feet.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
It’s kind of old pin-up style feet, fine idea, not the best execution.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
How to get a "Do Not Resuscitate" tattoo in every language:

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I've got to ask, as a clueless non-tatoo-haver, how come that D&D tattoo got roundly dumped on, but the lady-wearing-a-ghost-sheet did not?

Subject matter aside, and knowing nothing of tattoo tradition, the D&D tat looked to me like it was a better, nicer drawing. Lots of detail - isn't that a good thing?

Idk, it feels like maybe a quarter or so of the tats posts itt look, well, fine to the layman. I know it's meant to be obvious, but it'd be nice to know why they're not.

E: for example, the above. It's an Amiibo version of (Rick? Morty? I don't watch the show; one of them, right?). Stupid subject matter aside, it it not well executed?

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 00:07 on Nov 3, 2020

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

It's literally wobbly and every body part is misaligned...

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

I've heard the phrase "gently caress cops" but this is ridiculous!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Hyperlynx posted:

I've got to ask, as cities clueless non-tatoo-haver, how come that D&D tattoo got roundly dumped on, but the lady-wearing-a-ghost-sheet did not?

Subject matter aside, and knowing nothing of tattoo tradition, the D&D tat looked to me like it was a better, nicer drawing. Lots of detail - isn't that a good thing?

Idk, it feels like maybe a quarter or so of the tats posts itt look, well, fine to the layman. I know it's meant to be obvious, but it'd be nice to know why they're not.

E: for example, the above. It's an Amiibo version of (Rick? Morty? I don't watch the show; one of them, right?). Stupid subject matter aside, it it not well executed?

It's partly a function of who's awake when it gets posted, and partly whether the concept is good even if the execution isn't.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Hyperlynx posted:

I've got to ask, as cities clueless non-tatoo-haver, how come that D&D tattoo got roundly dumped on, but the lady-wearing-a-ghost-sheet did not?

That is a Funco pop not an amiibo!!!

Also something can be technically good but still tasteless.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Whelp! I think I've found a new fetish

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

organburner posted:

That is a Funco pop not an amiibo!!!

Funko Pop :eng101:

Hyperlynx: The D&D one got poo poo on more because it's worse. :ms:

Ok, actual explanation: line work is incredibly bad on the class symbols, the watercolor parts will look like bruises in short order, the d20 looks flat and will also look like a bruise and that mountain bit looks like total poo poo. Oh, and the dragon/wyvern/whatever might be missing limbs.

The ghost lady has its problems (mainly the proportions, as already mentioned) but at least it's not an entire back piece.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Iron Crowned posted:

Sawing a womans feet off and putting high heels on the stumps?

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Iron Crowned posted:

You want her to touch...your ghoulies?

Flint_Paper has a new favorite as of 14:06 on Nov 2, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Hyperlynx posted:

PYF Tasteless Tattoos: Lots of detail - isn't that a good thing?

:pray:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Filthy Haiku posted:

How to get a "Do Not Resuscitate" tattoo in every language:

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Hyperlynx posted:

More detail isn't necessarily a good thing in a tattoo, bold clear designs are often better. The ghost lady is just stylised, the D&D one is trying for something detailed and failing to do it properly.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Plus the d&d one had a whole bunch of splotchy watercolour-rear end bullshit that will look like an infected bruise within a year, and its elements aren't even aligned to itself.

Seriously, take a moment to take in the thing as a whole. Give it 10-15 seconds. It will start to look more and more lopsided the longer you stare at it, in relation to itself, and then in relation to the body. Then start running your eyes along the lines at a similar pace. You'll probably start seeing the wobbly and uneven parts. Then, the big dragon has something off that I can't describe in the relationship between the outline and its colouring - somehing is unbalanced there. It reminds me of a high-school kid doing a pencil crayon drawing in a notebook.

Now on top of the technical bits, there's the tasteless aspect of just having a tribute to Hasbro Co. inked onto your back, since the framing symbols are literally trademarks from the game.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
dredged from r/shittytattoos

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I AM THE CUM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit