Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
That time in 2018 when Biden got paid 200k to campaign for a republican in MI named Fred Upton

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/23/us/politics/biden-speech-fred-upton.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

silicone thrills posted:

That time in 2018 when Biden got paid 200k to campaign for a republican in MI named Fred Upton

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/23/us/politics/biden-speech-fred-upton.html

Not much, what's Fred Upton with you?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1280834206210408449?s=20

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

LastInLine posted:

Not much, what's Fred Upton with you?

fred upton with these lovely candidates :xd:

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/4rHeIqI.mp4

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

lmao

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

weird to see such a chad move from Macron of all people

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Mantis42 posted:

weird to see such a chad move from Macron of all people

Droplets of Jupiter

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkLzSLkYnGc

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

When Trump posthumously pardoned Jack Johnson after Obama refused to do it. Like Congress, famous boxers, even loving John McCain petitioned him and passed resolution after resolution asking him to do it but apparently Obama thinks breaking anti-miscegenation laws is a step too far.

e:

quote:

Gavin Parke, a former senior leadership staffer for Reid, said that his early impression was Obama didn’t want to act on Johnson out of political discomfort. “[R]eading between the lines,” he emailed The Daily Beast, “our conjecture was that they didn’t want to engage in divisive racial issues that were largely symbolic.” But the main reason that Obama held back, Parke added, was out of a rigid dedication to preserving norms. “The Obama White House was stringently opposed to the pardons process becoming politicized in any way. They felt so strongly about that, it may have extended even to posthumous pardons.”

god he sucks so much

Mantis42 has issued a correction as of 10:57 on Nov 1, 2020

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
John Edwards' 400 dollar haircut

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Why was the acoustic musician / surfboarder in trouble with the Federal government

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Mantis42 posted:

When Trump posthumously pardoned Jack Johnson after Obama refused to do it. Like Congress, famous boxers, even loving John McCain petitioned him and passed resolution after resolution asking him to do it but apparently Obama thinks breaking anti-miscegenation laws is a step too far.

e:

god he sucks so much

“i, the president, will not engage in political acts, even if they’re the most meaningless token gestures”

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I’m glad Obama’s ‘legacy’ has been totally demolished by trump lmao

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
trump got elected by promising to own the libs, and he certainly fulfilled that promise up to and including the libs' beloved king. too bad about everything else he's ever done or said, though.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

trump got elected by promising to own the libs, and he certainly fulfilled that promise up to and including the libs' beloved king. too bad about everything else he's ever done or said, though.

you have maybe 5% of the people who voted trump sad because he said he’d do infrastructure and bring back coal mining jobs or he’s taking away the aca or whatever, but he mostly ran on owning libs and moderate republicans and he’s proceeded to do exactly that

the right wing legal project has made it so that the president is literally the least important part of the operation so having a public strongman face who can publicly own the libs and feel zero shame is ideal, and the rest of the party does the dirty work of disassembling the country

it’s fascinating that liberals can’t understand why he’s so loving popular with the republican base. like, of course he is! and it’s not going away! he’s their unrestrained id and they live vicariously through him viciously tearing through their posting enemies

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

That time when there was a Live Aid style fundraising concert to support regime change in Venezuela but it had to be called "Aid Live" to avoid infringement.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

sleeptalker posted:

That time when there was a Live Aid style fundraising concert to support regime change in Venezuela but it had to be called "Aid Live" to avoid infringement.

Lol I missed that

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

lol i forgot that she made her son wear a hoodie that says "homie with an extra chromie"

behold! my broken son

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Roosevelt posted:

lol i forgot that she made her son wear a hoodie that says "homie with an extra chromie"

behold! my broken son

is trig short for trigger? did she name her son trigger?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Pardot posted:

Droplets of Jupiter

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pardot posted:

is trig short for trigger? did she name her son trigger?

I've always liked the theory that it's short for Trisomy G, his condition

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Trig Paxson Van Palin is the couple's youngest child. According to governor's spokeswoman Sharon Leighow in a statement shortly after his birth, Trig is Norse and means "true" and "brave victory." Paxson is a region in Alaska the couple favors, while Van is a nod to the rock group Van Halen. Before Trig's birth, his mother had joked about naming her son Van Palin, a play on the band's name.

Trig's birth was a source of controversy and blogosphere rumors. Palin, according to her book "Going Rogue," didn't tell anyone about her pregnancy with their fifth child except her husband. There were rumors that Bristol, not Sarah, was Trig's mother, but the allegations were largely disproved.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Maya Fey posted:

Trig Paxson Van Palin is the couple's youngest child. According to governor's spokeswoman Sharon Leighow in a statement shortly after his birth, Trig is Norse and means "true" and "brave victory." Paxson is a region in Alaska the couple favors, while Van is a nod to the rock group Van Halen. Before Trig's birth, his mother had joked about naming her son Van Palin, a play on the band's name.

Trig's birth was a source of controversy and blogosphere rumors. Palin, according to her book "Going Rogue," didn't tell anyone about her pregnancy with their fifth child except her husband. There were rumors that Bristol, not Sarah, was Trig's mother, but the allegations were largely disproved.

Wow trig means true and brave victory. Such a versatile language

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Maya Fey posted:

sure they were

sure they were

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I've always liked the theory that it's short for Trisomy G, his condition

that nomenclature is an extremely deep cut

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

long-time republican michael bloomberg ran for president as a democrat :siren:this year:siren: because it looked like no one would stop bernie. bloomberg promised to keep his staff paid for through the election regardless of how he did in the primaries. he ate poo poo and promptly stopped paying his staff

also, bernie who cared so much about decorum that we have joe biden as the democratic nominee and my avatar

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

LOL pete butt declared victory in Iowa even though he lost, then went on to criticize Trump for hypothetically doing the exact thing he did

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

sleeptalker posted:

Afterwards a close associate of Guiado hired two prostitutes who robbed him blind while he was dosed on sedatives; he died of the overdose

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

smoobles posted:

LOL pete butt declared victory in Iowa even though he lost, then went on to criticize Trump for hypothetically doing the exact thing he did

he claimed victory based on an app built by "Shadow Inc"

might as well have done election theft by a company named Dewey Cheatum and Howe

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

might as well have done election theft by a company named Dewey Cheatum and Howe

ACRONYM was funded by a PAC called PACRONYM

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Filthy Hans posted:

sure they were

sure they were

Well, Down's does tend to affect children born to older women almost exclusively

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

ACRONYM was funded by a PAC called PACRONYM

omg i forgot about that

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Filthy Hans posted:

sure they were

sure they were

It was debunked about at “thoroughly” as the piss tape.

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
https://youtu.be/woLQI8X2R6Y

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

His campaign financed the app as well, he was about as subtle as a GI Joe villian

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
all media inquiries pertaining to my flawless victory to be directed to my campaign manager, M. Bison

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 38 minutes!
the sharpie hurricane model

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Maya Fey posted:

I remember Andrew Sullivan being super into this conspiracy theory in 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
someone getting obsessed with a conspiracy theory that is fundamentally irrelevant is always funny as poo poo.