Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I know Kong's old now but I doubt Maki will beat her so much she kills her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

I know Kong's old now but I doubt Maki will beat her so much she kills her

Bold of you to doubt Maki.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

:magical: she's trying to summon minoru suzuki by having an unprecedented level of violence occur

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1321742150636244992

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Hell of a pickup. I've been watching more of her work, and I'm convinced she's one of the best in the world.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Can't believe she has turned her back on GLEAT like this.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yuka Sakazaki is using her new ShuPro column to shoot on Stardom

https://twitter.com/1222Dragonmoon/status/1322623030741278720?s=19

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Edit: nothing

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 1, 2020

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That catfight was dumb as hell and Yuka is right to poo poo on it

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yuka Sakazaki is using her new ShuPro column to shoot on Stardom

https://twitter.com/1222Dragonmoon/status/1322623030741278720?s=19

yuka as always, is right.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The 24th September SEAdLINNNG show featuring Yoshiko vs Sareee has been uploaded to their Youtube channel if you've not seen that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6ZOrr9Er0I

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I've given up on AEW fixing their women's division and have subscribed to Stardom World. What should I watch?

E: I also signed up to the Tokyo Joshi Pro one cause I want to see Itoh.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Nov 2, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

lmao WAVE did a spot in a Sareee match where Vince McMahon called her and told her that her opponents weren't allowed to do anything to embarrass her (she was facing comedy wrestlers)

https://twitter.com/hiroyukikai1/status/1323098665112629249

Sareee: Vince! Is kancho okay?

Hirota: Will he even know what that is!?

Sareee: Vince, save me!

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 2, 2020

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Vince MechMahon posted:

I've given up on AEW fixing their women's division and have subscribed to Stardom World. What should I watch?

As someone who signed up recently myself, I found this method helpful:

I picked a wrestler (in my case, Hana) and watched her stuff chronologically. I got a good idea of STARDOM's style and presentation. Then I would notice wrestlers who I wanted to see more of and go back and watch their stuff, pulling highlights (like title matches) from Cagematch.

You can't miss with Kagetsu, Kairi Hojo, Io Shirai, Mayu Iwatani...

But there's other fun stuff like the Mask Fiesta in October and the Produce shows during Golden Week. Of course, none of that this year :smith:

You'll notice the archive is kind of spotty around 2013-2015 IIRC. Someone mentioned rights issues with the footage.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Power Windows posted:

the Produce shows during Golden Week. Of course, none of that this year :smith:
no Costume Battle Royale :smith:

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

No janken tournament :smith:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Vince MechMahon posted:

TJPW is a little easier/harder to get into. They're a lot less stories to worry because they're short and not very complex, but there's probably a lot more that needs translated.

For translations for live shows, follow DDT English Updates on Twitter. The guy who runs it is pretty great at answering general questions outside of live shows, too.

And for the upcoming Wrestle Princess show, there's a primer HERE

As far as invdividuals go, there's great videos on Hyper Misao, Shoko Nakajima (Previous AEW guest), Maki Itoh (The Idol who always posts profanity and English slang), Yuka Sakazaki & Miyu Yamashita (The company's first two Aces and their rivalry), as well as videos from some retired girls on that channel. All those videos are highly recommended watching because they're well produced and narrated

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

TJPW is a little easier/harder to get into. They're a lot less stories to worry because they're short and not very complex, but there's probably a lot more that needs translated.

For translations for live shows, follow DDT English Updates on Twitter. The guy who runs it is pretty great at answering general questions outside of live shows, too.

And for the upcoming Wrestle Princess show, there's a primer HERE

As far as invdividuals go, there's great videos on Hyper Misao, Shoko Nakajima (Previous AEW guest), Maki Itoh (The Idol who always posts profanity and English slang), Yuka Sakazaki & Miyu Yamashita (The company's first two Aces and their rivalry), as well as videos from some retired girls on that channel. All those videos are highly recommended watching because they're well produced and narrated

I actually decided to sign up after discovering this dude's channel ha ha. Well that and Itoh's Twitter game. Is that Twitter the best place to go for translations of shows? I don't even need live stuff, or word for word, just a recap of "she says this person sucks and wants a match to prove she's cuter" or whatever, quick summaries.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Vince MechMahon posted:

I actually decided to sign up after discovering this dude's channel ha ha. Well that and Itoh's Twitter game. Is that Twitter the best place to go for translations of shows? I don't even need live stuff, or word for word, just a recap of "she says this person sucks and wants a match to prove she's cuter" or whatever, quick summaries.

the dude who does the twitter translations strikes a good balance between getting the gist over and giving outside context, he's basically a commentator but bound entirely to twitter. You can realistically watch live and just use his translations though.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

the dude who does the twitter translations strikes a good balance between getting the gist over and giving outside context, he's basically a commentator but bound entirely to twitter. You can realistically watch live and just use his translations though.
Yup, it's really easy to have his feed up on your phone or another tab, his translations are usually just one or two sentence recaps/quotes and he does a decent job at explaining the context of upcoming/ongoing matches in a line or two.

If you want the deep-dive of a show including ALL the context, there's the Dramatic DDT blog for the deep-dives which is a great resource to read before/after shows.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Watch Mayu Iwatani's title reign, it's very good and will get you caught up to the next really big match in Stardom. Don't miss the non title Iroha match or the Lumberjack match on the No People Gate show. Her winning the title was a really great moment and I've loved basically every title match. There's not that many anyway. Throw in the 5 Star GP match vs Momo from last year too.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also just watch Momo Watanabe matches in general. She's got it in a way that few wrestlers do I feel.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Senerio posted:

Also just watch Momo Watanabe matches in general. She's got it in a way that few wrestlers do I feel.

Yeah she's great. Was my favorite until the Arisa Hoshiki match and then she became my favorite because I like winners and kicks. Still sad about her retirement.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

For stardom, based on highlight videos on youtube, Hazuki vs Momo appears to be good matches to watch.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Io vs Mayu from December 2016 was always the go to Stardom recommendation but idk if they reuploaded that.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

https://twitter.com/junglekyona/status/1323503710127841280

Mayu has added some face paint until JunKyo can return from knee and shoulder surgery

Neodoomium fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Nov 3, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The original ace of Stardom, Yuzuki Aikaiwa (you may have seen her on commentary for the Yokohama Budokan) show wrestled an exhibition match with Yoshiko for her YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjqOnBIqmR0

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

Mayu has added some face paint until JunKyo can return from knee and shoulder surgery

Wholesome :3:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yoshiko vs Aja owned. The best Aja match since the Shida match.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/gpspro2016/status/1325718095151820802?s=19

Act Yasukawa is getting back in the ring sort of? Sword fighting with elements of pro wrestling which sounds like a Makai type thing to me?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/gpspro2016/status/1325718095151820802?s=19

Act Yasukawa is getting back in the ring sort of? Sword fighting with elements of pro wrestling which sounds like a Makai type thing to me?

so this is some sort of project between konami's old indie i've never heard of outside of her until now and actwres girlz?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thauros posted:

so this is some sort of project between konami's old indie i've never heard of outside of her until now and actwres girlz?

Yeah, Act has been their ring announcer for years. I think Minoru Tanaka is the only other wrestler they have under contract,

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/tospo_battle/status/1327078419159412738?s=19

Kendo Kashin has unilaterally decided that he is a trainer at TJPW now.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Who's gonna be the first one to use the cross-arm breaker (100 times in a match)?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Numero6 posted:

Who's gonna be the first one to use the cross-arm breaker (100 times in a match)?

hikari noa could probably pull it off

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Hopefully he doesn't remember any training methods from his time in the Performance Center, or else TJPW is bound to see an increase in knee injuries.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1327419876537892864?s=20

Wrestle Kingdom?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that would not be my first guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Mizuki is no longer a freelancer and is with TJPW.

https://twitter.com/t346fire/status/1327447892743778304?s=20