Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Has anyone noticed that British terfs have by far the single worst sock puppet accounts on social media? Like by a mile the most evil poo poo you will ever see.

https://twitter.com/gayfeministally/status/1284199162477785089?s=20

https://twitter.com/Manaxium/status/1322742314322825217?s=20

https://twitter.com/Manaxium/status/1322227422390046721?s=20

https://twitter.com/Manaxium/status/1322205707744268289?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

https://twitter.com/mattzarb/status/1322608711525896194?s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean it's just an extension of how work works for everyone else above grunt level, if you have the right qualifications and prior experiene that makes you perceived to be valuable to the people who got to the decision making part of the organization, it makes you a commodity, and business is full of commodity fetishists. You want the valuable people to endorse and operate your business because that is how you understand the world to work. It has nothing to do with their actual ability to do useful things, or the process that produced them, you simply need to ensure that the operator of the business is inherently valuable.

It's people who perceive their own value in the form of a commodity projecting that onto other people.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

quote:

“As a man he’s extremely nice,” Charie said, sharing an anecdote of how Corbyn had visited a local school soon after becoming Labour leader – “you wouldn’t get Boris Johnson doing that.” But Charie said he had concerns about Corbyn’s politics, not least his stance on the IRA. “And this antisemitism thing doesn’t seem to be going away.”

lol I think this p much sums up how hosed we are as a country, guy literally knows from personal experience that Corbyn is a nice guy and still goes "but he loves terrorism and is a nazi"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1000018461244973056?s=19

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1000098818485088257?s=19

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Corbyn’s actions have been unconscionable, only please don’t ask us to actually describe said actions explicitly because it’s been a few years and we still haven’t quite been able to pin down any specific examples.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

XMNN posted:

lol I think this p much sums up how hosed we are as a country, guy literally knows from personal experience that Corbyn is a nice guy and still goes "but he loves terrorism and is a nazi"

I think it’s less “is antisemitic” and more “didn’t address this issue quickly enough”. (Yes, I know the consensus here is that it wasn’t his fault). I don’t think that many Britons care that deeply about AS; it was more the perception that he failed to address something bad.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Messy Glenn best Glenn

therattle posted:

I think it’s less “is antisemitic” and more “didn’t address this issue quickly enough”. (Yes, I know the consensus here is that it wasn’t his fault).

He's being attacked for circumventing the process to get Livingston suspended quicker & for not addressing the issue quick enough and if that doesn't make you rise an eyebrow about the sincerity of an awful lot of this then you're every bit as loving stupid as I suspected based on your CSPAM takes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Messy Glenn best Glenn

when is he not messy online lol

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They're doing what on the Marr show now? :staredog:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No nut november is a loving terrible idea. Worst idea humanity ever had.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

OwlFancier posted:

Hearing about it makes me want to go for a wank out of spite tbh

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

OwlFancier posted:

Combining it with Movember will surely make it better.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Same. Everyone should be nutting as much as they are able without disrupting other people's lives. It is one of very few good features about the human body and the fact that it isn't achievable just by thinking about it is proof of a malevolent god.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Told my partner about No Nut November and she thought it was stupid. Like just abstain from nuts all year round if you have an allergy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

It is a bad idea, but I do not wish to see Marr and Gove not complying with it on television.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Same. Everyone should be nutting as much as they are able without disrupting other people's lives. It is one of very few good features about the human body and the fact that it isn't achievable just by thinking about it is proof of a malevolent god.

As per Diogenes ‘If only it were so easy to soothe hunger by rubbing an empty belly'.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Exciting news about the app!

https://twitter.com/rowlsmanthorpe/status/1322861417108774913

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Everything they touch turns to poo poo.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

As per Diogenes ‘If only it were so easy to soothe hunger by rubbing an empty belly'.

I would definitely trust diogenes on the subject of wanking.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

"World beating"-ly bad is still "world beating"

:smug:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This explains a lot about what was going on about Minicurve’s app at school, it was pinging her saying that she had been in contact with multiple people, but not enough contact to self isolate, and she and her friends were going all Nancy Drew over trying to work out how long and how close you had to be to one another.

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

I got tested last week and not once was I even reminded that the app exists

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Really wouldn't be surprised. I know precisely 1 (one) person who's been told to self-isolate. In London, with pubs and restaurants full every day.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The McCarthyism going on over Corbyn and antisemitism is incredibly frustrating and therattle concern trolling over it ITT really isn't helping.

Tangerines posted:

I got tested last week and not once was I even reminded that the app exists
Same, I was expecting to get told off but they never mentioned it at all. I've been avoiding it because my twat neighbour is still running his airbnb hotel (and still.lying on the ad about the communal kitchen & bathroom!) so i'd be getting pinged constantly.

I've seen adverts for it everywhere though, which makes me wonder how much of that budget went straight to Google through ad revenue.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Nov 1, 2020

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

This is why you take your safety into your own hands and don't trust the goverwnt to give you an app to make you safe.

They just gave a cousin eleventy million quid to shart a broken app onto people's phones ofc it doesn't work nothing about their approach works.

It stopped being just about us having sold the central government and now its just open corruption and failed state stuff.
Like how far into the final day's of a society do you have to be for the government to not be able to copy paste an app they already have been given

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The McCarthyism going on over Corbyn and antisemitism is incredibly frustrating and therattle concern trolling over it ITT really isn't helping.

Eh, I don't think theyr too bad or doing it intentionally. We can maybe stand to have one dissenting opinion sometimes.
They can grab a probe if they get too annoying

It's just the usual frustration you get when you're trying to have a factual argument with someone about reality and what theyr bringing to the table is british newspaper articles.
It takes a long time to erode people's reliance on the magazines.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Communist Thoughts posted:

It stopped being just about us having sold the central government and now its just open corruption and failed state stuff.
Part of me wonders if it's part of a neolib / US republican idealist plot to destroy faith in government, and the I look at the people involved and realise no, they're just malicious twats who act on ideology rather than any kind of planning.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Nov 1, 2020

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

therattle posted:

Combining it with Movember will surely make it better.

you should probably go back to huffing jenkem behind the local tescos

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I was pretty careful in my last post to not reopen the argument about where fault lay with the whole AS thing: it was more about how it was perceived and the effect it had. A lot of people don’t care that much about AS but thought that Corbyn’s inability to deal with it (whether through lack of desire or sabotage depending on one’s standpoint - not going into it) reflected badly on him as a leader. The longer it dragged on (deliberately or otherwise) the worse he looked. If you subscribe to the sabotage theory, then it worked as planned.

I didn’t think that this would be particularly controversial.

Obviously I think he could/should have dealt with it better and quicker and I’m angry with him that he didn’t in part because it helped gently caress the party.

therattle fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Nov 1, 2020

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

stev posted:

Really wouldn't be surprised. I know precisely 1 (one) person who's been told to self-isolate. In London, with pubs and restaurants full every day.

Don’t think this particular issue was by accident or incompetence.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Communist Thoughts posted:

This is why you take your safety into your own hands and don't trust the goverwnt to give you an app to make you safe.
Do both. Mask, space, app, wash hands. There's limits to what I can do to stay safe and still eat, and any competent state should be better at controlling spread than just the individual.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Part of me wonders if it's part of a neolib / US republican idealist plot to destroy faith in government, and the I look at the people involved and realise no, they're just malicious twats who act on ideology rather than any kind of planning.
I wonder if this will be something of a death knell for the Western liberal individualist ideology, when all the places that actually bothered having some sort of society come out of it well.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Guavanaut posted:

I wonder if this will be something of a death knell for the Western liberal individualist ideology, when all the places that actually bothered having some sort of society come out of it well.

You’d think so but humanity in general doesn’t seem to be able to reach reckonings anymore.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/jodcoll/status/1322181642627227649?s=19

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
In all fairness my Nazi dad’s team came up with that one. Blair years the senior civil service was just infested with that especially nasty kind of Thatcherite.

Edit: while I was working cash in hand and one of his departments was internal fraud I might add.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ugh I remember those. Blair's fault that you couldn't get sick pay from the state with just a note from a qualified doctor and instead needed a separate assessment by an unqualified admin.

https://twitter.com/TheGreatDamfino/status/1322192941113376769

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

any competent state should be better at controlling spread than just the individual.

yes...
and if i had trotters and a snout i'd be loving davey pie

Bobby Deluxe posted:

yeah it is starting to get to the point where it seems like they have to be loving everything up on purpose because just by luck they'd have managed to do something right by now

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Nov 1, 2020

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

god I'm starting to get all terrified about covid again

I've been safe and my parents are safe, but I know my friends are off galivanting

my partner went to a house party of 8 last night, and I know that's not big, but also I'm terrible at putting my foot down over these things

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I’m listening to R4 Food Programme with Nadia Hussain. She’s a National Living Treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

It’s pretty funny that the Guardian were clearly starting to back away from the Corbyn hate since this whole thing was an obvious gently caress up and then the Observer rolls in drunk to shout “BUT IF HE’S NOT A NAZI WHY DO WE KEEP SAYING HE IS?!”