Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

My last one was assassins creed origins. I can’t believe someone keeps letting them make those games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

MechaSeinfeld posted:

My last one was assassins creed origins. I can’t believe someone keeps letting them make those games.
Because they're fun and engaging to a lot of people and sell a lot of copies, probably.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/YMC6hSf.gifv

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

140 million Ezio fans can't be wrong

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I enjoyed Origins, and I wasn’t a huge fan of the Renaissance ones before that. Maybe I have bad or weird taste.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Until some other developer starts semi-faithfully recreating historical settings, I'll keep buying them.

Send_Ninjas
Oct 10, 2006
Origins and odyssey both scratch the mass effect rpg itch, even if they're not as good so I'm looking forward to Valhalla myself.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Ubisoft-style open world games are gaming comfort food for a large portion of the general public. Wander around in a pretty area, collect some stuff, watch some numbers go up, log out. Nothing wrong with that.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
It’s like a glorious buffet.

Wander around an open world…
…but you’re a Greek myth
…but you’re a pirate
…but you’re a tourist with guns
…but you’re a special forces tacticool guy
…but you’re a tacticool guy and it’s after the apocalypse
…but you’re a millennial hacker

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Watch Dogs is so boring that I ended up just packing up my one X for trade in. I'll give it another shot when the series X comes in but maybe after seeing if Vahalla is just as bad.

Valhalla is just more of Origins/Odyssey, I don't think they're changing it up much unlike Watch Dogs which has no idea what it wants to be and does it badly.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Laserface posted:

I haven't liked a Ubisoft game in the past 10 years and I don't think I'll ever buy another after watchdogs 1.

I tell a lie, I really enjoyed Far Cry 5, but it doesnt count because I wasnt tricked into buying it (it was a prize for winning a contest at the launch party for the game)

so Im changing my statement to 'Ubisoft games are fine freeware but I have never enjoyed one that I paid for'

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
I just need a new game with a cyberpunk setting every three years and Watch Dogs has been that game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

im on the net me boys posted:

I just need a new game with a cyberpunk setting every three years and Watch Dogs has been that game

Ghostrunner

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

How the gently caress did I not hear about this

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You welcome

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Yes thank you very much

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its in my top ten this year. You fail 100 times on each level and then pull off the sickest badass run to clear it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

too bad there isn't another cyberpunk game coming out this year

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Super No Vacancy posted:

Probably isn’t

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

yeah wtf why would you buy watchdogs if you wanted cyberpunk or even just an enjoyable game.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Many people find Watch Dogs to be an enjoyable series

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
sleeping dogs beats watch dogs' rear end any day of the week

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Crafty posted:

Probably isn’t

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

To be fair I can totally see why some would like the new watch dogs. I just find it a bit uninspired and a downgrade from 2 where the main character was likeable.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This game will end up having only been online for 2 years

https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1321933412597403651?s=21

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Combo of things people are mostly over

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Gears Pop is from the Fall Guys people. They've probably been trying to end their obligations to this game after they hit the jackpot and don't need to crank out licensed stuff any more.

When you've had to make mostly shovelware for the last 15 years just to keep the lights on...

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

FlamingLiberal posted:

This game will end up having only been online for 2 years

https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1321933412597403651?s=21

wait when did this come out

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

ErrEff posted:

Gears Pop is from the Fall Guys people. They've probably been trying to end their obligations to this game after they hit the jackpot and don't need to crank out licensed stuff any more.

When you've had to make mostly shovelware for the last 15 years just to keep the lights on...

I spent so much time on their flash version of Bookworm

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'd be into Gears of War if they played up the dumb meathead angle even more instead of trying to go legit.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

This might be the first time there’s zero outrage over such a quick shutdown.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

TheScott2K posted:

wait when did this come out
April 2019

Severs are shutting down in April of 2021

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ErrEff posted:

Good for them, I had no idea Fall Guys was from a studio that cranked out licensed stuff. For what it's worth, I had actually installed gears pop last year and it seemed fine?

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
gears poop

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wait this lasted 2 years? Thats way better than I thought it would

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000

Real hurthling! posted:

Its in my top ten this year. You fail 100 times on each level and then pull off the sickest badass run to clear it

It's got some pretty egregious bugs right now - I don't know how common it is but i spent 45 minutes getting to the end of one of the levels, only for half the jump-pads to not activate meaning I couldn't complete the level and would have had to start the whole level over again with no guarantee that they'd work this time. I was pretty mad!!!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah idk pc was ok only a few weird issues

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

so it's cyberpunk hotline miami 3d?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

By the way Xbox One crushes blacks, that's why it hard to see. Unless they patched that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

RBX posted:

By the way Xbox One crushes blacks, that's why it hard to see. Unless they patched that.

The 360 did that too tbh, it’s endemic to Microsoft.