Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
YOU GUYS I had to wipe my phone and forgot to back up my podcast app so now not only do I have to try to remember the three dozen shows I was subscribed to, I also lost my listening statistics!

It says I only have eight days of listening, all done in 2018! Pitiful! Awful! Worse thing that's happened to me all year!

Gio posted:

god this thread is really not normal.

what makes you say that??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im listening to music today

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Gio posted:

Oh no, I'm been hearing constant overbearing posts on how x or y left figure has betrayed the movement over and over again and how every left pod other than this or that are a secret grift for the DNC, seeing this guy go off the hook from all of the scolding and piss and vinegar about it is hosed up.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I don't think this particular line of jokes is a sincere endorsement of Biden, and honestly have difficulty understand how you could.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
Felix also said that stuff before Harris was the pick and IMO Harris being the pick cemented the biden ticket as being bush era domestic policy bit with the worst form of liberal academic quasi-anarchist wokeness. If Biden had gotten Klob or whatever i would actually agree that the culture war poo poo would disappear but all this means is that it's going to be an incoherent mix of the culture war with zero policy proposals. though I think Felix also kinda forgot that all these lame woke trends started under Obama with poo poo like microaggressions and manspreading, not to mention a certain gaming based incident

Gio posted:

translation: someone actually says something uncomfortable that I disagree with so I have to pout that this thread is bad

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i honestly have no idea what is being discussed. all i know is it always sounds like celeb gossip, but podcasters

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Harriet Fraad said the n word as well as the phrase "wet rear end pussy" on her podcast several weeks ago for anyone who missed it

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Terrible Opinions posted:

I don't think this particular line of jokes is a sincere endorsement of Biden, and honestly have difficulty understand how you could.

Oh I don't mean his "look at my soyface popeye" bit, I mean this in reflection of those observations. It's clear that he doesn't like the way those people talk, so he made it into a Halloween costume idea. Sure, he hates that, can't criticize him for it.
However, doing that after doing a month or so of "Here's how Biden can be appealing to my crowd" does hammer down the idea that he just pitched a more "cooler" way of advocating for Biden during the first semester and Vaush\Coffin\etc just sort of picked up on it.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Gio posted:

i honestly have no idea what is being discussed. all i know is it always sounds like celeb gossip, but podcasters

That's pretty much all of Kunster's posts

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
lol at listening to podcasts on an app instead of just the audio file

Orb Crabmelt posted:

Harriet Fraad said the n word as well as the phrase "wet rear end pussy" on her podcast several weeks ago for anyone who missed it
:wth:

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I'm not American but but I'm almost certain I would be a nojoe if I were. But the genuine love for his gently caress-up son I have to say is touching. I think Biden hasn't been to the pizza dungeons.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

i say swears online posted:

sorry can't hear you over my alex ptak radio plays

That guy is so terrible

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Orb Crabmelt posted:

Wolff / Fraad 2024

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Gripweed posted:

That guy is so terrible

i love him, he's my drunk irish fuckup cousin

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
fraad/wolff

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Grevling posted:

I'm not American but but I'm almost certain I would be a nojoe if I were. But the genuine love for his gently caress-up son I have to say is touching. I think Biden hasn't been to the pizza dungeons.

No need for the pizza dungeons, he gets off on plain old public fondling.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Kunster posted:

Oh I don't mean his "look at my soyface popeye" bit, I mean this in reflection of those observations. It's clear that he doesn't like the way those people talk, so he made it into a Halloween costume idea. Sure, he hates that, can't criticize him for it.
However, doing that after doing a month or so of "Here's how Biden can be appealing to my crowd" does hammer down the idea that he just pitched a more "cooler" way of advocating for Biden during the first semester and Vaush\Coffin\etc just sort of picked up on it.

A 'deep dive analysis of felix bits by someone incapable of understanding humor' bit would be a very funny follow up to the 'normie lib' bit, agreed

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Nah, he made those specific arguments with his serious voice on the show. It's consistent with most of the analysis of the show, including Amber's; usually Felix keeps a bit for a week or so, they don't exactly joke around it and there's no weird laughter save for when he posits it as an ad, like "White Fragility being replaced with a crummy harlequin romance or something".

Kunster has issued a correction as of 15:54 on Nov 1, 2020

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
thats right

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
The podcast thread is quickly overtaking fyad as the source of online 'dromal schizophrenia

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Orb Crabmelt posted:

YOU GUYS I had to wipe my phone and forgot to back up my podcast app so now not only do I have to try to remember the three dozen shows I was subscribed to, I also lost my listening statistics!

It says I only have eight days of listening, all done in 2018! Pitiful! Awful! Worse thing that's happened to me all year!

what makes you say that??

It's fine, it's fine. you can come back from this. Do you have an idea of which shows you may have subscribed to? What you could do is resubscribe to all the shows that you think that you may have listened to at one point between 2018 and 2020, and relisten to every episode that you think that you may have listened to origionally at 4x speed with quiet sections skipped. that should only take ~4 months of listening time at my estimation of your backlog, but it will restore your stats. WARNING: if you have trouble fitting those 4 months into your day, do NOT think that you can just listen to the episodes while you sleep. You need to make sure that you actually did listen to the episode, so that you can keep track of how many new episodes you listen to during this period for your own records.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

we're all listening to a host of voices in our heads that no one around us can hear, i'm surprised there aren't more studies on the psychological effects

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

blasting my favorite podcasts on a Bluetooth soundbar slung over my shoulder

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Ive been listening to podcasts while playing games, which is good for clearing the list, but that just means I dont remember anything about them, which is bad for the few podcasts out of the dozens I'm listening to that I actually like

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

have the red scare girls said the nword?

is there a clip of this felix poo poo? the chapo people are idiots i cant wait to hear what he said.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

This thread has done permanent damage to my brain in less than 5 minutes. Impressive

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

littleorv posted:

This thread has done permanent damage to my brain in less than 5 minutes. Impressive

if you increase your screen reader speed you can get it down to 2-3 seconds

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009

ptkfvk posted:

have the red scare girls said the nword?

is there a clip of this felix poo poo? the chapo people are idiots i cant wait to hear what he said.

not on tape
and what are you talking about

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

Kunster posted:

Nah, he made those specific arguments with his serious voice on the show. It's consistent with most of the analysis of the show, including Amber's; usually Felix keeps a bit for a week or so, they don't exactly joke around it and there's no weird laughter save for when he posits it as an ad, like "White Fragility being replaced with a crummy harlequin romance or something".

this i guess?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
just added three gene wolfe podcasts to my list. goin tradcath

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

ptkfvk posted:

this i guess?

https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/422-can-we-beat-9-52520 Here at 16m and 25m certainly comes to mind as an example, but yeah I get the feeling I'm arguing with people who didn't even see the last pages or so, much less recall stuff from months ago. I can't find the "White Fragility book replaced with a romance or like a book about sports" segment, but it was on one of the episodes then.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

going back to episode 1 of chapo, locking myself in a sensory deprivation tank with a feeding tube and listening to every show at 3x speed

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
this thread has a long way to go before reaching RGD levels tbh

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://twitter.com/i/status/1322696114944929792

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Lol his voice sounds so normal there. Now it sounds like he's doing an exaggerated impression of himself.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I listen to chapo in my left earbud and pod save in my right for balanced political analysis

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/fart/status/1322972116963139584?s=20

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

littleorv posted:

I'm surprised you weren't crushed by the inexorable weight of that one guy's podcast stats

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

TeenageArchipelago posted:

It's fine, it's fine. you can come back from this. Do you have an idea of which shows you may have subscribed to? What you could do is resubscribe to all the shows that you think that you may have listened to at one point between 2018 and 2020, and relisten to every episode that you think that you may have listened to origionally at 4x speed with quiet sections skipped. that should only take ~4 months of listening time at my estimation of your backlog, but it will restore your stats. WARNING: if you have trouble fitting those 4 months into your day, do NOT think that you can just listen to the episodes while you sleep. You need to make sure that you actually did listen to the episode, so that you can keep track of how many new episodes you listen to during this period for your own records.

Wasn't there some gaming journalist who would leave his console at home idling whatever game he was playing at work so he would get the hours on his real account or something? Dan Rykert I think.

What I'm asking is can I get a job listening to podcasts??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I'm a little surprised Brace isn't advertising cocaine parties *now*. I don't know who would be alarmed about him doing it in '11.