Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
That shot of Shinobu realizing that her actions that day were more inspiring than she could have ever imagined made me tear up. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yamato is so loving cool, I love him

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oh my loving god

Two new Smile fruit users with absolutely amazing designs, they get box name intros and everything, and then Jinbe and Sanji loving one-shot them in the next panel.

Apoo is seven kinds of screwed right now. And Chopper is hella pissed.

Yamato is a goddamn beast.

NOOOO A BREAK :cry:

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

DizzyBum posted:

Oh my loving god

Two new Smile fruit users with absolutely amazing designs, they get box name intros and everything, and then Jinbe and Sanji loving one-shot them in the next panel.

Apoo is seven kinds of screwed right now. And Chopper is hella pissed.

Yamato is a goddamn beast.

NOOOO A BREAK :cry:

Hope the official TN is similar, but I also really appreciated how the chicken's deathrattle is CLUCK and the Giraffe's is GIRAFFE

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
not that anything implied otherwise but im slightly sad queen is A Jerk to his crewmates

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Sub Harrison posted:

Hope the official TN is similar, but I also really appreciated how the chicken's deathrattle is CLUCK and the Giraffe's is GIRAFFE

Giraffes are awesome. I love giraffes.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Excited for Apoo to switch allegiance based on this betrayal by Queen.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cloks posted:

Excited for Apoo to switch allegiance based on this betrayal by Queen.

FRIENDSHIP ENDED WITH KIDD

APOO IS MY NEW BEST FRIEND

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

How many betrayals can Apoo fit into one lifetime

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
He can't trust anyone; he keeps everyone at armsarms length.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

tbp posted:

not that anything implied otherwise but im slightly sad queen is A Jerk to his crewmates
I feel like there’s a tiered system at play with the Beast Pirates - anyone who’s a Gifter or below is treated as disposable cannon fodder, but the upper ranks do seem to have a fair level of respect and care for each other. (e.g. Page One and Ulti’s relationship, Kaido praising Jack, Queen and Babanuki covering for each other at various points)

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I just think it’s more that Queen is the crew’s Sanji and he used to be cool when he focused on “being a loving dragon/being cool in general” instead of “war crime weapons/being a creep” and the Beast Pirates just let him hang out for legacy value and cause he still turns into a dragon sometimes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-piece-chapter-994/chapter/21521?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007777

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
So much nicer to see proper line work after the aliased nightmare that was the "cleaned" raw.

What Yamato is doing is much clearer to me in the final release but I still want to make sure I have it right: Kaido's goons shoot explosive rounds at Yamato, which he facetanks like a boss. Then he swings his mace to clear the smoke and launch a ranged attack that knocks out one of them?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Yamato seems to be as much of a tank as his dad. I hope Izo and Yassop can add haki to their guns, I think that's us up to three haki bulletproof characters.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Dr Subterfuge posted:

So much nicer to see proper line work after the aliased nightmare that was the "cleaned" raw.

What Yamato is doing is much clearer to me in the final release but I still want to make sure I have it right: Kaido's goons shoot explosive rounds at Yamato, which he facetanks like a boss. Then he swings his mace to clear the smoke and launch a ranged attack that knocks out one of them?

Yes, that is the case. Yamato is his father's son.

Also, goddamn, Kiku is so cool. :kiddo:

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
There's a certain part of me that can understand why Kaido would be frustrated with Yamato based simply on his strength alone. Like he's obviously a bit peeved his own flesh-and-blood idolizes the guy that almost killed him over himself, but Yamato's almost uniquely capable of being a gigantic pain in Kaido's neck by virtue of that very same flesh-and-blood. I almost have to wonder how much danger the exploding shackles actually posed, you know?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

i am tim! posted:

There's a certain part of me that can understand why Kaido would be frustrated with Yamato based simply on his strength alone. Like he's obviously a bit peeved his own flesh-and-blood idolizes the guy that almost killed him over himself, but Yamato's almost uniquely capable of being a gigantic pain in Kaido's neck by virtue of that very same flesh-and-blood. I almost have to wonder how much danger the exploding shackles actually posed, you know?

im pretty sure Kaido never expected the cuffs to actually kill his son and we’re gonna have a scene where he laughs at Yamato being a weenie for assuming they’d inflict any lasting damage on his own son.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
yamato is yet another character with no mother

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Per Oda, "Mother" is the antonym of "Adventure."

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Shigesato Itoi would like to have a word

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Kin’emon instantly ready to cauterize that arm. What a boss.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
one piece is very good, in my opinion!!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

euphemism posted:

one piece is very good, in my opinion!!

Heck yeah it is. I’d go as far as yo say the past few chapters have been pretty great!

...and thinking about how many moving parts we still have going in the background (X Drake, the rest of Kaido’s top guys who are going to be A Problem when Luffy tries to jump in on the Kaido fight, Big Mom) is making my head spin. I almost feel like there aren’t enough Strawhats for all the assess that need to be kicked but I’m sure it’ll work out.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

I just wanna see Zoro have a cool fight

It's been so long and he got a new sword this arc

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Strelok604 posted:

I just wanna see Zoro have a cool fight

It's been so long and he got a new sword this arc

Technically he fought Killer but yeah I know what you mean, it’s been like four hundred chapters and he’s flexed over the New World pretty hard but like, a fight that takes more than one chapter (for some reason besides his opponent just running away for a dozen chapters) would be nice.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
Zoro is gonna beat kaido off panel

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

drjuggalo posted:

Zoro is gonna beat kaido off

oh my god

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
*demolishes my zoro x sanji shrine with a spiked club*

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Yamato is good

Chapter is good

More smile users please Oda.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I think it'd be really funny if Luffy got to the top then Kaido just knocked him off the building into Big Mom.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
I want to see Carrot fighting Perospero.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Is Big mom still just standing around in the lobby?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
You gotta love how Oda is just going buckwild for the SMILE users.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Uhm there is a Giraffe smile user (the strongest smile user obv dont understimate), does that mean Kaku is dead or can manufactured smile fruits duplicate naturally existing ones?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Bisse posted:

Uhm there is a Giraffe smile user (the strongest smile user obv dont understimate), does that mean Kaku is dead or can manufactured smile fruits duplicate naturally existing ones?

We already know manufactured fruits can copy real ones, that's the whole deal with Momo and Kaido. They have the exact same fruit, but Momo's was made by Vegapunk.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
We've already seen Kaku hanging out with Lucci post timeskip

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

We already know manufactured fruits can copy real ones, that's the whole deal with Momo and Kaido. They have the exact same fruit, but Momo's was made by Vegapunk.
???? Where was this stated? We haven’t even had confirmation that Kaido has eaten a devil fruit.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I choose to believe Kaido has the koi koi fruit, which awakened after he made it up the waterfall :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Bisse posted:

gan fall's bird pierre ate the horse fruit and speed has the horse smile. i can't check now but there's probably a few others too