Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Apparently Miles Boykin was WIDE open on that last play. Joe Flacco on Rollerblades is real. Get rid of Harbaugh and Roman NOW!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/BryantDenny_UA/status/1323044308287737856

https://twitter.com/marlon_humphrey/status/1323045194208628736

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

Apparently Miles Boykin was WIDE open on that last play. Joe Flacco on Rollerblades is real. Get rid of Harbaugh and Roman NOW!!

there's no such thing as a play where Miles Boykin is wide open

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

D-LINK posted:

Even still throwing punches with 3 refs standing within your wingspan seems like a poor decision

Man, get real. That poo poo weren't punches.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Typical Steelers fan freaking out over some light shoving and demanding that htey throw the bum out. While ignoring their own player headhunting.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

How does that solve a loving thing. Who the gently caress are you replacing them with? Why is this the only thing you can post. Pathetic.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Borsche69 posted:

Typical Steelers fan freaking out over some light shoving and demanding that htey throw the bum out. While ignoring their own player headhunting.

Lmao if you mean Minkah Fitzpatrick beating Snead to the ball on the last play

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

How does that solve a loving thing. Who the gently caress are you replacing them with? Why is this the only thing you can post. Pathetic.

I don't have to answer who I am replacing them with because I don't work for the Ravens or have the ability to scout hires. It's always a stupid response, like "oh with whom?". They're garbage. We traded Hurst because Hurst didn't want to be in the offense. But we didn't get anyone else and replaced our offense that worked with one that is completely inept, especially in the passing game.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Borsche69 posted:

lol

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

D-LINK posted:

A play which should have been an easy Ravens TD.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I think the Ravens should play by the rules.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Joe Flacco did the exact same thing all the time. This team has no idea how to run an offense. Last year was an aberration.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I think the Ravens should play by the rules.

Me as well. Joey porter also agrees, he just told me on Slack

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

D-LINK posted:

I'm talking about Johnson or whoever trying to rip the helmet off of Peters! Seems like a pretty big deal!

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Just got a DM from James Harrison and it says “lol ravens choked ALSO can do you think we can get these documents turned around and signed by the client on Monday”

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
the PLAGUENS

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

I don't have to answer who I am replacing them with because I don't work for the Ravens or have the ability to scout hires. It's always a stupid response, like "oh with whom?". They're garbage. We traded Hurst because Hurst didn't want to be in the offense. But we didn't get anyone else and replaced our offense that worked with one that is completely inept, especially in the passing game.

Lmfao blaming the Hurst trade while simultaneously jacking off over the game Dobbins had. Peak Kawa.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

A play which should have been an easy Ravens TD.

Hey, your coach is already crying that was maybe a hit to the head and also let's pretend it wasn't a DB making a play on the ball

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Time posted:

Just got a DM from James Harrison and it says “lol ravens choked ALSO can do you think we can get these documents turned around and signed by the client on Monday”

hosed up that former bengal james harrison has to work at kpmg but anything to make ends meet in this hellworld....

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

It's not a stupid question to ask who you should replace them with because - and get this - if there's no one better to replace them with then it's not worth replacing them! But of course you're going to avoid the question because you don't know and you just want to mindlessly throw out 'easy' solutions like Fire X and Run More Screens.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

hosed up that former bengal james harrison has to work at kpmg but anything to make ends meet in this hellworld....

insinuate I’m a big 4 consultant one more time and I’ll end u.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

D-LINK posted:

Hey, your coach is already crying that was maybe a hit to the head and also let's pretend it wasn't a DB making a play on the ball

Yeah that was stupid. They have the right to the same space and the DB was clearly looking at the ball and had his eyes out for it. It'd be a pretty galaxy brain move to line up your shoulder to the WRs head and also put on the perfect play to try and snag the pick.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

I'm talking about Johnson or whoever trying to rip the helmet off of Peters! Seems like a pretty big deal!

Yeah that might have been the headbutt that prompted that but cool

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Former Raven James Harrison

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The Bengals should extend samaje for 5 years

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

D-LINK posted:

Yeah that might have been the headbutt that prompted that but cool

That ain't no drat headbutt lmao.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

the bengals should sign former dodgers third baseman Juan Uribe

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

Lmfao blaming the Hurst trade while simultaneously jacking off over the game Dobbins had. Peak Kawa.

I hated Hurst because I thought he was junk. We traded him because he didn't want to be TE3 in our offense. That doesn't mean we had to change the whole offense and not get someone better. We also could still use Dobbins. Or we could run the 3TE sometimes and the regular stuff sometimes.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

It's not a stupid question to ask who you should replace them with because - and get this - if there's no one better to replace them with then it's not worth replacing them! But of course you're going to avoid the question because you don't know and you just want to mindlessly throw out 'easy' solutions like Fire X and Run More Screens.

Again, I don't know who all the OCs, DCs, and SP teams coaches are around the league and college. It would be incredibly tedious to do all the research and come up with an actual name of a guy that works for what we have. And even if I did, what difference would it make? It's not like that would make it more likely for us to hire him. Or the Ravens will send me an email and say thanks for the free work. Teams have the human resources who are actually paid to do this sort of stuff--so best to leave it to them. I realize there are people who maybe can do that sort of thing off their head but I'm not one of them. I don't follow enough teams extensively to know who is out there.

If I had said after 2007 we should hire a SP teams coach everyone would have laughed at me. Nobody even had Harbaugh on the radar.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

I hated Hurst because I thought he was junk. We traded him because he didn't want to be TE3 in our offense. That doesn't mean we had to change the whole offense and not get someone better. We also could still use Dobbins. Or we could run the 3TE sometimes and the regular stuff sometimes.

We couldn't still use Dobbins we got him specifically with the pick from the Hurst trade! If we don't have the earlier second round pick there would be no Dobbins (outside of some trade up in the second, which would necessitate a loss of some other player, probably Duverney).

There's a weird 'Need Hurst' faction of the Ravens fanbase that's looking for some, any reason, why hte offense isn't scoring TDs on every single play and its stupid. Hurst is a good player (better than you ever gave him credit for last year), but there's a million reasons why any team shifts its production from year to year.

The truth of the matter is that the Ravens offense isn't bad (at least, and especially, when compared to the league average. you really need to start watching other teams play football so you have some kind of bearing and perspective on what a good or a bad offense looks like) - if you told me that the Ravens were going to hold the Ben to ~180 yards passing, and were going to rush for over 250 yards, I wouldve jumped for joy and expected a 28-7 or so type of game with the Ravens easily in control. The gameplan was actually pretty masterful and it was, unfortunately, mostly on Jackson why they kept losing control of the game. The coaches are really the last thing you can blame after this game.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

the bengals should sign former dodgers third baseman Juan Uribe

Isn't he homeless and insane

I mean not that the homeless part is bad but the other part

Although it seems to be working for AB

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

And even if I did, what difference would it make?

The difference that it makes is that you can stop talking out of your rear end for once. You don't know any of other available coaches because you don't care. You want the easy out - just fire Harbaugh! Fire Ozzie! Fire EDC and force Biscotti to sell the team! Then suddenly every problem will be solved! All these actors are extremely unique in their flaws, and anyone would be better! It's a stupid and ignorant statement to make, and especially one to repeatedly make. Like good god, fire Harbaugh and be stuck with Adam Gase or whoever the gently caress?

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

Isn't he homeless and insane

I mean not that the homeless part is bad but the other part

Although it seems to be working for AB

i mentioned juan uribe on a mlb thread and someone posted "didn't he kill someone in the dominican republic" and this made me lol just as much. love all the juan uribe urban legends

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

i mentioned juan uribe on a mlb thread and someone posted "didn't he kill someone in the dominican republic" and this made me lol just as much. love all the juan uribe urban legends
Juan Uriben Legends would make a great username

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Former Raven Juan Uribe

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pee rine

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
joe burrow would smoke these fools

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kawalimus is Mike Tomlin a good coach y/n

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Steelers just traded the Jets a 5th and a 7th for Avery Williamson. Nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/ryanmink/status/1323088084465033216

lol