Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Joey McChrist posted:

never saw the point to reading his tl;dr handwritten livejournal post to see the lovely person he is, but i'm also not a historian so what do i know.

I guess to some its like why do people watch car crash videos its the morbid curiosity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MotU posted:

also he has all of janet evonavich's books which is good. theyre good books. im not saying this just because she's my aunt via convoluted marriage. I would say it more though if she would give me some money

He ended up being pals with her if I recall correctly

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I mean as noted with the foreword saying "hey people just ignored this heinous screed and what resulted was one of the greatest atrocities in human history" it does kinda serve a purpose in saying that, if something is widely spread and accepted and influencing a large amount of people, it opens the doors for monsters. I mean as a warning I can see how it would absolutely be historically significant but really this is kinda past the point of the wrestlers on social media thread, I just dont think lance storm is a nazi for owning it, just a pseudo-intellectual

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012
Apparently Shanna set her Twitter to private after getting called out for liking tweets by Far Right leader Marine le Pen and posting this tweet calling for France’s borders to be closed:

Translation: The face of one of the victims of the attack in Nice. These kids will grow up without their mom in a country where the danger of terrorism rises every day. Close the borders. You face no risks with your body guards, we and our families do

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Good. I hope they don’t bring her back to TV.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Lance Storm probably isn't a Nazi and just a dude who thinks he should read "historical and important" books because he thinks of himself as an ill intellectual and smart guy.

Now Shanna? That's a nazi.

Edit: just realized she herself is an immigrant too so lmao

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Nov 2, 2020

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Lance Storm probably isn't a Nazi and just a dude who thinks he should read "historical and important" books because he thinks of himself as an ill intellectual and smart guy.

Now Shanna? That's a nazi.

Edit: just realized she herself is an immigrant too so lmao

I don't think he's a nazi ether but it's the one politics book on his shelf lol

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

I don't think he's a nazi ether but it's the one politics book on his shelf lol

He said in the post that he mostly reads on digital now. Implying this is a very small selection of books he owns and has read.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I think it’s cool that Lance reads airport thrillers and mass market books. I’ve read a lot of books in the past but the last decade of the internet has broken my ability to sit quietly with one form of media. I’m doing my best to get back to that as reading has a meditative quality

Reading is fun-damental

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

He said in the post that he mostly reads on digital now. Implying this is a very small selection of books he owns and has read.

It's funny.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Amazon does not sell Mein Kampf in Kindle format. Also if you buy it the proceeds go to charity.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he should have a copy of the other book titled Mein Kampf right on top of it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

read a book one time
read book two time
i'm never going back again

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

the spot of "white woman with no gimmick who is a very sound wrestler" has been filled by Serena Deeb and she's 10x better so yeah, nobody should care about Shanna especially with all the younger new people they will likely sign

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Feels like Shanna’s been doing her 2 week quarantine in the Caribbean before she can re-enter the US for like a month and a half.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I was already fine with her never coming back now I'm actively hoping for that outcome.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Vince MechMahon posted:

I was already fine with her never coming back now I'm actively hoping for that outcome.

Me too, after seeing that. Gross. Sucks, because I like her as a wrestler and thought she was just wine-mom stupid and not actively bigoted, but showing support for Marine La Pen is a bridge too far.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

That book is from 2012 and the website started in 1996 so uh
Lance, you loving dipshit. you absolute idiot rear end in a top hat.

History Comes Inside! posted:

she'll join the Inner Circle. gonna fit right in with Jericho and Hager.
(god I hope Santana and Ortiz escape that faction with the quickness.)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

he probably isn't aware of the website lol. storm front is like, a term that exists in real life.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this lets frame lance storm as a nazi stuff feels incredibly performative

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

like if you've ever heard him talk about real life issues or politics, which he doesn't do often because it tends to drive away listeners but does do sometimes, i dont know how you draw the conclusion he's a nazi

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
If I may be serious for a minute.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Why jump to "nazi" (which doesn't fit with anything he's said about politics) when "pseudointellectual" (which does) is right there?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

JOHN CENA posted:

this lets frame lance storm as a nazi stuff feels incredibly performative

I think it’s offensive and gross.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lamuella posted:

Why jump to "nazi" (which doesn't fit with anything he's said about politics) when "pseudointellectual" (which does) is right there?

the fact that the guy eschewed a regular message forum for his Book Marks book club for years prolly points you in which direction he stands.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Lamuella posted:

I didn't jump to "nazi" so much as "idiot" but "pseudointellectual" is a very good one.

This isn't a post from a wrestler but it made me giggle with delight and I'm not sure where else to put it, so-

https://twitter.com/gifapalooza/status/1323111759474003968?s=20

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Lamuella posted:

I said pseudo-intellectual!!!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

MotU posted:

I said pseudo-intellectual!!!

You did, and you were right.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I don't think Lance is remotely a Nazi, but he was WAY too obtuse when people asked nicely if he would reconsider naming the "Storm Front" book something else.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

the escape goat posted:

This isn't a post from a wrestler but it made me giggle with delight and I'm not sure where else to put it, so-

https://twitter.com/gifapalooza/status/1323111759474003968?s=20

I don't know why I find this so adorable, but I do :3:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Because he did his best.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Horrible Taste posted:

Apparently Shanna set her Twitter to private after getting called out for liking tweets by Far Right leader Marine le Pen and posting this tweet calling for France’s borders to be closed:

Translation: The face of one of the victims of the attack in Nice. These kids will grow up without their mom in a country where the danger of terrorism rises every day. Close the borders. You face no risks with your body guards, we and our families do

Shanna sucks!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Let's go away, Shanna!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The only 100% pure wrestler is Kota Ibushi because he doesn't trust books.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Horrible Taste posted:

"WE'VE GOT TO CLOSE OUR BORDERS TO STOP THESE IMMIGRANTS!!" said the immigrant that has to travel internationally to work

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

"WE'VE GOT TO CLOSE OUR BORDERS TO STOP THESE IMMIGRANTS!!" said the immigrant that has to travel internationally to work

Wrestlers are generally not the smartest bunch

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

white people also think that international travel laws shouldn't apply to them.

see: brexit

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I regret to tell you that The Great Sasuke is a racist

https://twitter.com/the_greatsasuke/status/1323253016703557632?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Actually crying laughing at that tweet. Top to bottom extremely funny