Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

half cocaine posted:

Let's be real. The Seahawks defence is still garbage. loving nick mullens played like Joe Montana.

6-1 baby, let the haters hate :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

What if the Seahawks kept blitzing after Mullens came in?

Also I want last year's Diggs back.

On the plus side, the oline played really well.

half cocaine fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 2, 2020

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Congrats to DK on being 7-0

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Garbage time or no, Mullens was throwing with a lot more zip than it seemed Jimmy could manage. He was chucking darts out there. Nice to see Dallas step up as Seattle's only RB.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Being up 30-7 is a recipe for garbage time yards and poo poo, happy to see the 6-1 First Place in the NFC Seahawks

:hawksin:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Finger Prince posted:

Garbage time or no, Mullens was throwing with a lot more zip than it seemed Jimmy could manage. He was chucking darts out there. Nice to see Dallas step up as Seattle's only RB.

They need to let Jimmy just sit until his ankle is actually 100%. They aren't making any noise this season anyway.

Edit: this is a great chance for the Seahawks. The West is good but still not great and the rest of the NFC is garbage aside from the Packers, Bucs and Saints.

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 2, 2020

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I'm so glad I didn't get to see the Rams game.

That is all. :sigh:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

seiferguy posted:

I'm not convinced Jimmy G is better than Mullens!

Wonder if it will be less controversial now than when I said it like 6 weeks ago. Note that this makes no implication that Mullens is good.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I'm so glad I didn't get to see the Rams game.

That is all. :sigh:

You can comfort yourself with the fact that despite everything that happened with turnovers and special teams the niners still got beat down even worse

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

MakaVillian posted:

They need to let Jimmy just sit until his ankle is actually 100%. They aren't making any noise this season anyway.

Edit: this is a great chance for the Seahawks. The West is good but still not great and the rest of the NFC is garbage aside from the Packers, Bucs and Saints.

I totally agree that they should just let Mullins do his thing, but the NFC West is very solid even with a very beat up Niners. As a Hawks fan I am fully behind the fact that Russ, the excellent WR group, and Chris Carson are the only reason they are contending right now, but all 4 NFC West teams are still playoff worthy compared to most of the NFL.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The Rams i can't explain. 49ers you can easily say the injury bug, but the Rams? Can't tell if they're good or bad...

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

seiferguy posted:

The Rams i can't explain. 49ers you can easily say the injury bug, but the Rams? Can't tell if they're good or bad...

They're the Rams.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

seiferguy posted:

49ers you can easily say the injury bug,

Injury bug nothing, that is the loving injury plague. When is the last time a contender (at least on paper) got so hosed by injury. As a Hawks fan I am not crying... but that loving sucks.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Lifespan posted:

Injury bug nothing, that is the loving injury plague. When is the last time a contender (at least on paper) got so hosed by injury. As a Hawks fan I am not crying... but that loving sucks.

I distinctly remember the 2008 Seahawks year being when the wheels fell off of the '05 era team; Walter Jones got injured and he was one of the only players that got to 12 games started on offense.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

MakaVillian posted:

They need to let Jimmy just sit until his ankle is actually 100%.

You say this about Jimmy G. I say this about Carson.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

seiferguy posted:

The Rams are 5-3 and 4 of those wins are against the NFC East. The other win is over the equally fraudulent Bears.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

seiferguy posted:

have you considered that they are the same old sorry rear end rams

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

The Rams are 5-3 and 4 of those wins are against the NFC East. The other win is over the equally fraudulent Bears.

And yet I'm still certain they'll score 40 on the Hawks and sack Russ seven times.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Gerund posted:

I distinctly remember the 2008 Seahawks year being when the wheels fell off of the '05 era team; Walter Jones got injured and he was one of the only players that got to 12 games started on offense.

Those were some dark times. The seasons following 2005 are why I cringe internally whenever a team loses a championship and their fans say poo poo like, "We'll be back stronger next year," or, "This wasn't really our year anyway, next year's team looks even better." I've been that fan and I know it ends in with the slowly dawning agony that it's ridiculously hard to get to a championship game and your chances of repeating are slim. More likely, you'll watch your team's role-players and assistant coaches sign fat contracts elsewhere and your starters accumulate wear and tear before the wheels finally fall off and your team hires Jim Mora Jr.

Beating the Niners is nice though. Those guys suck.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

shirts and skins posted:

And yet I'm still certain they'll score 40 on the Hawks and sack Russ seven times.

Yeah, that's the reason why I am still scared of the Rams. The only hope right now is that Russ scores 41, but hopefully the defense is at least less poo poo by then...

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

Finger Prince posted:

"stepping up"

code:
CAR  YDS       AVG  TD  LONG
18    41	2.3    1     9
REC YDS  AVG    TD LONG  TGTS
5    17    3.4	 1    5     5
Hurry back, Chris.

(OK he did get 2 TDs)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
San Francisco.

Fraudy.

Niners.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

have you considered that they are the same old sorry rear end rams

Have you considered shutting your yapper! :argh:

Mustached Demon posted:

They're the Rams.

:argh:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Whereas in the NFC East divisional games, you get galaxy brain coaches intentionally taking a safety to onside punt for better field position, the NFC West features old fashioned teams going blow to blow. Or, in the case of things like 58-0, a pantsing on national TV.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
NFC West games should be on Primetime only. Every other division doesn't matter.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

A Sneaker Broker posted:

NFC West games should be on Primetime only. Every other division doesn't matter.

This is an obviously correct statement.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

algebra testes posted:

San Francisco.

Fraudy.

Niners.

You can’t be a fraud if you are dead, OP.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

DancingMachine posted:

"stepping up"

code:
CAR  YDS       AVG  TD  LONG
18    41	2.3    1     9
REC YDS  AVG    TD LONG  TGTS
5    17    3.4	 1    5     5
Hurry back, Chris.

(OK he did get 2 TDs)

Yeah I mean, he wasn't used that much because the game was all on Russ and DK, but he was involved in some key 1st downs, and 5 targets 5 receptions means he didn't drop any. Looking for some silver linings here.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Guys, the oline is actually really good this year.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

half cocaine posted:

Guys, the oline is actually really good this year.

They're fine! Which is a vast improvement from the past. I want to see them against Aaron Donald before singing their praises.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Schwack posted:

Those were some dark times. The seasons following 2005 are why I cringe internally whenever a team loses a championship and their fans say poo poo like, "We'll be back stronger next year," or, "This wasn't really our year anyway, next year's team looks even better." I've been that fan and I know it ends in with the slowly dawning agony that it's ridiculously hard to get to a championship game and your chances of repeating are slim. More likely, you'll watch your team's role-players and assistant coaches sign fat contracts elsewhere and your starters accumulate wear and tear before the wheels finally fall off and your team hires Jim Mora Jr.

Beating the Niners is nice though. Those guys suck.

team just needed a couple more dirtbags imo

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The way the Dolphins beat the Rams on Sunday basically reminded me of every Jeff Fisher Rams victory

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Do it ironically posted:

team just needed a couple more dirtbags imo

God I did not like Jim Mora. Threw the kicker under the bus that 3 miss game against the bears said they weren't gonna wear action green bc "we didn't win in them". Like almost adam gase levels of accountability dodging. 2008 and 2009 were just the most uninspiring years of hawk football.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

DariusLikewise posted:

The way the Dolphins beat the Rams on Sunday basically reminded me of every Jeff Fisher Rams victory

The stats on this game sounded insane. A podcast recap said they dolphins didnt hit 100 yards until like 6 mins left in the 4th? And the Rams had the ball for like double the time they did? Lmfaooo

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Lmao

https://twitter.com/IWilliams95/status/1323276504810184704?s=19

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Lmfaoooo that's incredible

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

That owns, shoulda drawn a sympathy flag just to reward the effort.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Was that win over the 49ers the first time this season the Seahawks have not finished with a one score game? I think it was.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Kittle and Garoppolo out for a long time hooooo boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

Kittle and Garoppolo out for a long time hooooo boy

Small foot fracture for Kittle and high ankle sprain for Jimmy. The first one sucks, but clearly Jimmy wasn't fully healed when he was playing and that's kind of on the medical staff for keeping him out there.