Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Salt Fish posted:

Also recumbent bicycles are badass and go like 70MPH.

lmao not the ones i've seen. pretty sure the weenie flag would fall off at that speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

BONGHITZ posted:

but its still a bike

shaggar alt spotted

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

BONGHITZ posted:

but its still a bike

no, bikes are safer, it's easier for people in cars to see them

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

carry on then posted:

bowls are the recumbent bicycle of keyboards

checks out
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recumbent_bicycle#Compared_to_uprights

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

posting on nice page via a $40 microsoft wireless keyboard+mouse dealio

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i ordered a $49 keyboard and mouse set with lights. it has 'brown equivalent' switches. i will review later today when its delivered.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

does it have caps/num/scroll lock indicator LEDs? all consumer boards these days have discarded indicator LEDs entirely and it's made me mad crusty

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Pile Of Garbage posted:

does it have caps/num/scroll lock indicator LEDs? all consumer boards these days have discarded indicator LEDs entirely and it's made me mad crusty

:same:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it has caps and scroll LEDs. no numlock because there's no num pad

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
a lot of keyboards without numpads have a numlock so you can use like uio jkl bnm as your numpad

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
Gave my brother a Ducky Blue a while back and now he’s decided he wants to go back to a logitech chiclet keyboard instead...

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

caps lock should be a command/alt/ctrl key imo, just ditch that indicator entirely

is it a slim one, or just tenkeyless, jonny? i keep eyeing something like the keychron k1 (or k3 when it releases) because the low profile* of my old apple keyboard has spoiled me but im getting tired of laptop keys after making it a work keyboard and would like backlighting in the evening

*low profile at home because my desk is a fixed height while my work desk was adjustable. not a huge problem when i only spent one day at my home desk a week

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the das keyboard professional has indicator LEDs but they're super bright blue and if you lean over your keyboard at night you will go blind

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its just no tenkey. once you get down into the super optimized ones with pgup/pgdn/home/end in a vertical strip, i lose interest.

this will be for a premiere box and i need my inverted t + 6pod of home/end keys to fly around the timeline properly

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ah yeah that makes sense. i became so used to working off a laptop that i work around those missing in my workflow, but itd be a pain for anything that properly uses them

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
If I was daily driving Premiere or other pro software I would get one of those keyboards with the shortcuts printed out all color coded and poo poo.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the keyboard came in. it feels nice. the lighting is dorky but it can be turned off. VERDICT: needs-suiting for now.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

people who use dvorak are the same people who are interested in those "2 hours, 4 times a day" sleep schedule things

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

people who use dvorak are the same people who are interested in those "2 hours, 4 times a day" sleep schedule things

ive got a coworker who can type colemak when they're looking up at the screen, and qwerty when they're looking at the keyboard

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Same actually. Dvorak touch typing, fullspeed qwerty while looking down, and for some reason I can still touch type qwerty with my thumbs on a phone keyboard but I can't do that for dvorak.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Pile Of Garbage posted:

posting on nice page via a $40 microsoft wireless keyboard+mouse dealio

:mods:

Posting on a nice! page via velocifire that was recommended itt, its wonderful after almost a year of use.
Still have a clanky spacebar though

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

now I'm thinking about Ducky One 2 mini, is it any good?

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
I’ve had a good experience with my Ducky keyboard (full size). I find 60% layouts real painful and harder to use than fancy ergo splits but I’m probably in the minority

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

60% keyboards definitely take a bit of time to get used to. The biggest issue for me was figuring out decent keybinds when playing games or using programs that actively use the F or Arrow keys. I have a pok3r so there are several programmable layers which makes it easier to switch, not sure if the ducky has that.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
kinesis status: it’s still really loving good

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

ordered a teensy 3.2 and a poo poo ton of diodes and soon the day of reckoning will be upon the keyboard world but this time with worse ideas

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!

Wild EEPROM posted:

ordered a teensy 3.2 and a poo poo ton of diodes and soon the day of reckoning will be upon the keyboard world but this time with worse ideas

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

postin with my new tiny keyboard

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

dont like that enter key placement

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have never hated a thing so much in my life

but if it works for you i am happy for you

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

I'm getting really inclined to get myself this, Vortex Core

my partner is getting mad at me saying that I am trying really hard to find worst keyboard possible

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

they are right

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

what's the purpose of doubled space key?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

RustyKnight posted:

I'm getting really inclined to get myself this, Vortex Core

my partner is getting mad at me saying that I am trying really hard to find worst keyboard possible

they're right

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

the more i look at it the worse it gets and I’m one of those ~60% people

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

RustyKnight posted:

It's how you put the proper number of spaces at the end of a sentence. Duh.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Salt Fish posted:

It's how you put the proper number of spaces at the end of a sentence. Duh.

Extraordinarily cursed post.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

RustyKnight posted:

double space

j/k in Japanese keyboards it’s like a completion key or something

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!

RustyKnight posted:

There’s always a worse keyboard https://github.com/uuupah/pain27

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

just make it with cherry mx black switches for that little bit of extra pain.