Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

yea the vtube thing was weird but still very funny ep of the gino lombardo show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/1321853119098101762

hahahaha this is real

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Not going to lie, I would have watched the hell out of it. But it would've sucked because there's no way in hell that Trump would let them do anything close to resembling the normal show.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Not going to lie, I would have watched the hell out of it. But it would've sucked because there's no way in hell that Trump would let them do anything close to resembling the normal show.

True. It never would have aired anyway.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Zach would have gotten out one, maybe two questions (Assuming he didn't lead off with "Is it true your dick looks like a little mushroom man" or the like,) before DJT walked out.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Happy Halloween everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c2RTvP0bEQ&t=42s

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

JethroMcB posted:

Yeah it's a little more than half the cost of a year long $5/month Patreon and there's lots of content. It's a good deal.

I still use the unofficial feeds mostly but I've used the Stitcher app recently and it seems to have gotten a lot better. It's definitely improved from the last time I tried to use it a few years back.

Right. They have MORE than enough content to make it worth it imo. Just Hollywood Handbook and Teacher's Lounge make it worth it. Then you have ADPPP, I4H, Masterclass, Bonanas, Mission to Zyxx, Superego, Hard Nation, Complete Woman and a bunch of other one offs (Mike Detective, Stolen Idea, Strictly Business, etc).

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
What episodes of Spontaneanation would you all use to introduce someone to the show?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Are you a HH listener?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I like the one with scott aukerman, and Craig cackowski does great work with Paul too (I think they have a good one that's just the two of them).

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I’ve been catching up on U Talkin Talking Heads and I still can’t believe they got Jerry Harrison on the show and then continued to call him George Harrison until almost the very end of the episode.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

SunshineDanceParty posted:

What episodes of Spontaneanation would you all use to introduce someone to the show?

Savannah, Georgia
Dracula's Bedroom

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"

Yngwie Malmsteen concert, if only for Tawney Newsom’s opening line

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

feedmyleg posted:

Are you a HH listener?

The recent PFT cameo HH episode is what got them interested.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 2, 2020

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Kool guest on the new gino lombardo show

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Algund Eenboom posted:

Kool guest on the new gino lombardo show

Wonder if Joey Clift will subtweet anybody for this one

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

The recent PFT cameo HH episode is what got them interested.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Listening to the first Spont episode with the boys on it, then listening to their response HH episode with Paul, then their followup Spont episode is an amazing back-and-forth.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is this weeks Gino the one that he did the live stream on YouTube for last week? Even with the weird vtuber poo poo I'll probably watch that one rather than listen to.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Is this weeks Gino the one that he did the live stream on YouTube for last week? Even with the weird vtuber poo poo I'll probably watch that one rather than listen to.

No, it's a new episode and he has Anthony Scaramucci; the actual guy, not a character on as a guest.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

JethroMcB posted:

No, it's a new episode and he has Anthony Scaramucci; the actual guy, not a character on as a guest.

lmao that's pretty low on the list of people i'd ever expect to appear on an obscure stitcher premium podcast

cams
Mar 28, 2003

on a hunch i checked and yea, he's from long island

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

cams posted:

on a hunch i checked and yea, he's from long island

shocking

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

JethroMcB posted:

Haha holy poo poo, thank you.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

JethroMcB posted:

Wonder if Joey Clift will subtweet anybody for this one

oh lord, now what? I loved the way he dealt with the hdtgp deal, but idk if he should be in the role of earwolf truth-teller.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

boo_radley posted:

oh lord, now what? I loved the way he dealt with the hdtgp deal, but idk if he should be in the role of earwolf truth-teller.

He took a thinly veiled shot at Doughboys last month after they had Rob Lowe on as a guest. He's been on the Gino Lombardo show two weeks in a row now but I wonder if he knew one of his appearances would be on the same episode with the guest spoilered above.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

after they had Rob Lowe on as a guest

Yikes.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Yeah, he had a new podcast to promote. There was a lot of grumbling by the fans both because he was a big Trump guy and an accused sex offender. Clift's take on it was to tweet about podcasts which have had more sex offender guests than native Americans, which just goes to show everything's an opportunity to pitch yourself. A few days later the Doughboys said sorry and donated a significant amount to a woman's shelter charity.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

JethroMcB posted:

He took a thinly veiled shot at Doughboys last month after they had Rob Lowe on as a guest. He's been on the Gino Lombardo show two weeks in a row now but I wonder if he knew one of his appearances would be on the same episode with the guest spoilered above.

What's Rob Lowe even doing these days? What a weird get.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

boo_radley posted:

quote:

His other television roles include Robert McCallister on the ABC drama Brothers & Sisters (2006–2010), Chris Traeger on the NBC sitcom Parks and Recreation (2010–2014, 2015), Ethan Willis on the CBS medical drama Code Black (2016–2018), and the Fox drama 9-1-1: Lone Star (2020–present) as Owen Strand. In 2018, he made his directorial debut with the television film The Bad Seed, a remake of the 1956 film of the same name.

He's been a big time TV star for a long time now.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Lol that they just skipped on by The Grinder.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

boo_radley posted:

He and his sons search for Bigfoot or some poo poo

Please, call me Mr Lowe!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I'm just glad that everybody in Hollywood is going to give five-digit donations to charity every time Rob Lowe works again, forever. And also every movie he was ever in and 3/4 of Parks & Recreation has been pulled from streaming.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Carl Tart's rendition of I Love LA from the most recent Flagrant Ones has been stuck in my head all week.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JethroMcB posted:

I'm just glad that everybody in Hollywood is going to give five-digit donations to charity every time Rob Lowe works again, forever. And also every movie he was ever in and 3/4 of Parks & Recreation has been pulled from streaming.

Separate netflix listings for "Parks and Rec" and "Parcs and Rec: Brandanaquitz edition"

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

the hayes man's LA city counsel candidate won, beating out an incumbent endorsed by Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi (which seems really weird for a city counsel race but what do I know). hollywood handbook is finally catching on

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That's shifty as gently caress. Why is the speaker and a former presdential candidate endorsing someone for a loving city council.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Gaius Marius posted:

That's shifty as gently caress. Why is the speaker and a former presdential candidate endorsing someone for a loving city council.

They Love L.A.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Gaius Marius posted:

there are 20 states that have less people living in them than the city of los angeles

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

But why would anyone vote for a candidate endorsed by pepsi and clinton. That person is obviously just gonna be focused on giving them whatever they want on the state and national level instead of working for the cities best interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Gaius Marius posted:

But why would anyone vote for a candidate endorsed by pepsi and clinton. That person is obviously just gonna be focused on giving them whatever they want on the state and national level instead of working for the cities best interest.

Because Pelosi and Clinton are popular among Democrats