Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
On a completely unrelated note, I didn't know I wanted a Geofront-themed dance club until now.

Death Priest fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Honestly, what I do is demolish on easy, and then come back on normal or hard to have a real fight and see the animations and stuff.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Anyone knows how to get the free DLC for CS4 in Europe? My playstation is telling me that I can't download them because I don't own CS4 (with the disc in the drive) and I can't even find the game on the web store. No seriously, if I search cold steel it finds everything but what it should, if I search trails it finds the psp game :psyduck:. Let's not even talk about what happens if I put a 4 in the search field.

Sony screwed up the store update something massive.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Omobono posted:

Anyone knows how to get the free DLC for CS4 in Europe? My playstation is telling me that I can't download them because I don't own CS4 (with the disc in the drive) and I can't even find the game on the web store. No seriously, if I search cold steel it finds everything but what it should, if I search trails it finds the psp game :psyduck:. Let's not even talk about what happens if I put a 4 in the search field.

Sony screwed up the store update something massive.

Did you do a full reboot and/or Restore Licenses? I'd..try to help more but the game's not out in Australia for..another six hours digitally and a few days for physical.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

There was a huge hubbub about preorders not working, but the free dlc needing you to own digital copies of 3 and 4 has been around just as long and was buried under it. Hopefully it gets fixed tomorrow with the tuesday update.

Barring that, the digital deluxe of CS4 gives you the cs3 dlc so if you really want it now, that's preferable to buying both cs3 and 4 digital.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

Azure still has for my money the most extreme cases of AP(or rather DP) rewards from fights, it has like four and some of them are among the hardest boss fights in Trails. Hell one is tied to real time taken rather than turns which is also almost impossible if you use the turbo function in the currently available non-Geofront patch because it makes it go down faster.

The timed fight is definitely the worst of the optional fight objectives. I had to reset for like an hour to do it on nightmare, purely because of RNG.

IMO the Sky games have the worst bullshit, though.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
There's still some weird bugs with the digital deluxe/preorder DLC. My PS4 shows everything as downloaded but nothing shows up in-game.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Haha, in Chapter 2 when you return to Leeves, when you visit the Campus dorms if you go into Randy's room you'll see that Shirley has drawn on his sexy girl poster so she looks like a cat and has a fake speech bubble going "miau". I actually went back to CS3 to check it wasn't like that before. It's the little details. :allears:

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

Omobono posted:

No seriously, if I search cold steel it finds everything but what it should, if I search trails it finds the psp game :psyduck:. Let's not even talk about what happens if I put a 4 in the search field.
On the UK store I found it alphabetically under "The Legend of Heroes" :confuoot:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol bosses get their own anti-orders eventually, gently caress of with this poo poo game

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah the combat in CS4 is mostly just more frustrating. Your orders are nerfed at the start and break status can end immediately after happening, to say nothing of the enemy instant-cast followed by instant-cast mentioned before.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
what on earth is with Arianrhiod and infuriating bonus AP conditions

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah the combat in CS4 is mostly just more frustrating. Your orders are nerfed at the start and break status can end immediately after happening, to say nothing of the enemy instant-cast followed by instant-cast mentioned before.

All of this combined with the fact that it seems like every enemy can inflict some sort of status that keeps you from attacking and how every attack seems to hit multiple characters makes everything feel like a real slog. You do get good orders again eventually, but it feels like they've over nerfed most of the ways you can get ahead of enemies as the series has gone on and you are just left with "I can do a lot a damage."

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Nov 2, 2020

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

(Nightmare) I love the combat so far, the last major boss I fought being the first timed AP fight. The enemies being weaker but faster is a great way to fix the action economy that still retains the value of breaking and Delay. There is much more genuine push and pull and I'm put into situations where I feel greatly incentivized to use options I felt were too strong in the previous games. I wasn't expecting the AP fight and had to use BP restoring items, Heat Up and Argem Heal and Zeram Powders to get my CP back, time the Proud Warrior buff, and clinched the fight at 32 turns with two characters KOd. Felt really good.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Once you make it to Act 2 the party starts to feel pretty unstoppable

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Oh yeah, reminds me, i got the digital deluxe but apparently the game never downloaded my DLC? Whats up with that?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

BrightWing posted:

Oh yeah, reminds me, i got the digital deluxe but apparently the game never downloaded my DLC? Whats up with that?

yeah, mine says "Installed" but I definitely do not have the majority of it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

When is it reasonable to kill the crypitid in the witch village, I've had ago every time I've been back there but it's too much.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

BrightWing posted:

Levantine posted:

Same. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but:

https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/1322357626596925440

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

When is it reasonable to kill the crypitid in the witch village, I've had ago every time I've been back there but it's too much.
It's a level 100 boss so it feels like a normal boss when you're about 80-90

I did it right at the start of act 2.

It has a cheap AOE vanish so do prepare for that

J Detan
Apr 24, 2008

Wir haben uns zu Meistern der Wissenschaft!

Grimey Drawer

Levantine posted:

I have a fix for this one, though it's really unintuitive. Go to the store page for the digital deluxe and you should have an option to download. That gets the missing DLC (or at least it did for me).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hearing that that someone people have had their saves locked out when they redeemed DLC or whatever has made me very wary of trying to touch much of it.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Ethiser posted:

All of this combined with the fact that it seems like every enemy can inflict some sort of status that keeps you from attacking and how every attack seems to hit multiple characters makes everything feel like a real slog. You do get good orders again eventually, but it feels like they've over nerfed most of the ways you can get ahead of enemies as the series has gone on and you are just left with "I can do a lot a damage."

Yeah this Malboro effect is getting really old. Prioritizing specific Pendulum accessories for everyone.

I’m getting pretty sick of the break system in general.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What the poo poo is this Black Workshop sequence with five loving boss fights in a row not even halfway through the game

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm worried I won't be able to do nightmare on first play through for CS4. End of chapter four of CS3 boss fights have been totally bullshit even though I'm massively overleveled. Dragon inscence getting use in...

10k damage S-breaks when the boss has close to 200k hp is asinine. Sara's BO is helping a little but they're just HP sponges

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Aha, caught an error - Kurt saying "every inch" when the text (correctly) says "every rege."

Hardly surprising as there's been a few typos here and there but it's nice when one of the more obfuscatory terms is accidentally switched out.

edit: nm seems more just bad segue

Tesseraction fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 2, 2020

RME
Feb 20, 2012

I thought I was just super bad at the fishing in CS3 but it turns out the game ties the tension meter build up to frame rate but the fish reel in speed is left untouched, and ive recorded some examples to show this

30 FPS fishing:
https://i.imgur.com/cJJwmas.mp4

uncapped FPS fishing:
https://i.imgur.com/mo2y3ql.mp4

Same fish, both large size, same fishing spot. If you're wondering about the PC turbo function: yes using turbo will make the fish reel in faster but not touch tension meter because it speeds the game up but does not affect your framerate

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

For anyone interested, I managed to claim the rest of the dlc by going to the store page on my PS4 for the deluxe edition and hitting download (you can tell it's funky because an installed game should just say 'Start') and it installed it all, no issues loading my save afterwards.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Does the physical special edition get any DLC or nah?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

40-Degree Day posted:

Does the physical special edition get any DLC or nah?

No, but uh, you cant get that anymore, it sold out months ago and any cancels definitely got sold by now. Switch still has 10% though.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Sakurazuka posted:

You have the whole game to do these so I wouldn't worry too much about it, the forest Cryptid's lost art isn't very good anyways

Just bring Jusis and block those annoying attacks with his shield craft.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

For anyone interested, I managed to claim the rest of the dlc by going to the store page on my PS4 for the deluxe edition and hitting download (you can tell it's funky because an installed game should just say 'Start') and it installed it all, no issues loading my save afterwards.

Yeah that totally worked. Thank you! No save issues either.

It's tough though because the CSIV default costumes are pretty great especially for new class VII.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ash's new default outfit is absurdly perfect for him

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

My only issue with the game so far is how much I dislike the new and old monikers.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Ash's new default outfit is absurdly perfect for him

I like that Juna very clearly took some cues from Randy :3:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
people the reason why they nerfed Orders at least early on was becau-

BREAK THROUGH! SLEDGE HAMMER!

BREAK THROUGH! SLEDGE HAMMER

...was because the above was the strategy that got spammed in CS3.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Okay but it's a single player RPG who gives a gently caress if it was spammy. The new break system is much more frustrating and less satisfying, to say nothing of the fact that they obviously intended you to be using said strategy since they made Juna the de facto party leader for the first part of the game, but then turned around and nerfed the poo poo out of said strategy at the same time.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Oh Snapple! posted:

I like that Juna very clearly took some cues from Randy :3:

ties are very important

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yeah the issue here isn't people not understanding why they made a change, it's that the 'fix' for it is honestly lazy and makes engaging with the mechanic suck poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
if something's overpowered, it's probably going to get nerfed.