Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Buying whatever with my plasmids while keeping them above 300 or w/e?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Agent355 posted:

Buying whatever with my plasmids while keeping them above 300 or w/e?

Yeah, try to keep plasmids over your softcap. You'll get other resources that raise your softcap when you find other ways to restart. Nuking as many races as possible will help before you try not nuking yourselves into oblivion.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

So I'm supposed to NOT Ascend as soon as possible in Synergism, right? When SHOULD I Ascend then? I've seen guides recommending when I can do Sadistic 3 but that seems ludicrously far away.

Also, is there an optimal time to set Auto Ant Sacrifices to? I've been setting it to 2 hours in-game time because that's when the ant speed stops scaling, but I dunno if that's too slow or too fast or what.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
How strong do I have to be to finally finish a Challenge 14 in Synergism? I managed to get C11 to 12 completions by getting a ton of ant multiplier through starting it in high corruption and letting spirits make the timer go super fast overnight, and C12 and C13 to 10 completions too. Blessings around 100bil each and spirits ranging from 6k to 16k, about 1bil cubes blessings. As it is now on C14, I'm only hitting like e1.450B out of e3.060B and can't get any of the last two tiers of talisman fragments. Do I gotta go for more C11-C13 completions, more blessings/spirit, more cubes opened, or put cubes into cube upgrade 5x10 to see best returns? Or maybe do corruptions enough to get hypercubes and open more of those with the "also open tesseracts" research active?

Red Minjo fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 31, 2020

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe
The don't ascend advice was mostly towards long time players, who could really screw themselves out of a lot of progress by not optimizing stuff before ascension.

For someone coming right at it, you should be fine assuming you get any red bordered researches that are within reach, and get as many blessings as you can(I'm not sure what a good number for your first ascension should be). Also check your achievements to make sure you aren't missing any easy purple/red boosts. Those are things that carry over, so getting them before will speed up your next ascension. Blessings are a new feature(well revamped), so it would be easy for a long time player to skip out on spending all their banked offerings on them before ascending. That could turn their months of time spent at the end game into the same amount of progress a new player would get.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
:smith:

I'm the long time player that's light-years behind because I didn't do thing

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Red Minjo posted:

How strong do I have to be to finally finish a Challenge 14 in Synergism?

From Discord:

quote:

What do I need for C14?
this is just what I had, no hard requirements. I don't recommend anything less than this tho since I already had to grind for some stuff lol
10b each blessing, 10k each spirit, c11x10, c12x10, c13x11, all the perm researches that matter (looking at c10 tomes and blessing boost), 2b cube blessings, 1m tess gifts, 10k hypercube benedictions, cube upgrades everything row 1-4 + w5x1, w5x5, w5x8, e27 constant

That lines up with my experience as well.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Kyrosiris posted:

From Discord:

That lines up with my experience as well.

I had those stats with magnitudes higher on a few of them and could not do C14, the key for me was to get more hypers. About 25k? I went from not able to do C14 at 11k hypers to doing three C14s at once with 33k.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Oct 31, 2020

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
finally FINALLY got talisman/challenge/ascend automation. i assume i'm just supposed to let it run for a while on 1 c10 completion and spam blessings/get upgrades until i go for more ascension challenges or another long research run

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
I just started playing NGU Idle a week or two ago, and I'm wondering if I'll regret spending AP on extra accessory slots, or are there more efficient things I'm about to stumble into that would be better (I just unlocked Yggdrasil)?

I bought the newbie pack, probably going to buy the next pack up. It's really good!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

No, accessory slots are top tier because they're another slot for more base stats and more multipliers.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Yeah, if you're super early in the game they might not be the best thing right now but they are absolutely worth the AP in the long run and as soon as you get into adventure zones with more than one good accessory you'll be glad you have them. But do get the Yellow Heart early, ideally before you buy the next AP pack! It'll probably pay for itself.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I do remember that you eventually get such a huge AP bonus that buying AP becomes more and more affordable, which feels a little weird. Did they ever make it so that you got a bit of bonus AP if you bought a pack early and then had a big AP bonus later?

E: Evolve is really cool but it might be too active for me? I feel like I can't leave it alone for more than 10 minutes without it stalling out completely on progress. Does that ever change?

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 1, 2020

AotC
May 16, 2010

Agent355 posted:

E: Evolve is really cool but it might be too active for me? I feel like I can't leave it alone for more than 10 minutes without it stalling out completely on progress. Does that ever change?

Maybe once you get to the space grind, before that not really. Good news is there's a few userscripts that can automate everything from the annoying bits to basically the entire game.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Do you have a suggestion for a good one? I never would have played that much trimps without auto trimps.

AotC
May 16, 2010
Sure, last I knew there were two main public ones.

HLXII's Script and TMVictor's Script

HLXII's was a bit dated when it was last updated (10 months ago) so ymmv. TMVictor's looks fairly updated. It requires you to use a fork of the game that exposes some of the game's internals. All the details are in the link.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I've been running TMVictor's script on the scripting edition fork (both are regularly updated) for a while now on Evolve and it's just the right level of active/inactive for me. Even with scripting you'll sometimes want to build a certain thing RIGHT NOW depending on where you are in the run and a few tweaks to your workers/market could get you there in a few minutes as opposed to a few hours. It's just the right level of active/inactive for me that way, and I'm basically almost done with gold-starring all the challenges/achievements. The ones I have left though are a doozy...

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

How do iactually run th escript? trimps was done through grease monkey but this TMVictor doesn't seem to give any direction on how to actually run the script he made.

JTDistortion
Mar 28, 2010
In Synergism, what corruption setups are people using to get their first hypercubes? I have a handful of them from first time challenge completions, but I'm not sure how to push my corruption score multiplier high enough to hit the hypercube cutoff without completely tanking my base score by preventing challenge completion.

korora
Sep 3, 2011

JTDistortion posted:

In Synergism, what corruption setups are people using to get their first hypercubes? I have a handful of them from first time challenge completions, but I'm not sure how to push my corruption score multiplier high enough to hit the hypercube cutoff without completely tanking my base score by preventing challenge completion.

Really depends on your other stats. Just increase one level at a time and see what makes your score go up—the ones that I was able to push higher were 1+2 (together), 6, and 8, with 1-2 levels in everything else.

JTDistortion
Mar 28, 2010
Looks like pushing 1 and 2 higher can get me across the threshold. I had been avoiding them since they tank my challenge completion by a decent amount past level 1, but I guess this is workable.

Overall I'm a bit confused and must have a weirdly lopsided amount of blessings/cubes/spirits or something. I see the recommendation for C14 earlier that's talking about 10k hypercube benedictions, but I've already gotten my first C14 clear and have a grand total of 33 benedictions (and only 150k tesseract gifts vs the recommended 1M).

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Can someone recommend me the best paid idle/clicker game on steam? I can't decide between EF: Reclaiming the World or Idle Evolution and want to know if there's something better. I want it to be paid so I can just buy it and then work on finishing it.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Okay I must be missing something obvious. I have grease monkey to run scripts, I have this website with the script https://github.com/TMVictor/Evolve-Scripting-Edition

But I can't for the life of me figure out how to install this script to greasemonkey, I'm looking for some singular user.js file or something, but I don't see anything obvious on the github page?

E: Nvm figured it out

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 1, 2020

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Agent355 posted:

Okay I must be missing something obvious. I have grease monkey to run scripts, I have this website with the script https://github.com/TMVictor/Evolve-Scripting-Edition

But I can't for the life of me figure out how to install this script to greasemonkey, I'm looking for some singular user.js file or something, but I don't see anything obvious on the github page?

I'm using Tampermonkey in Chrome, but just going to this page pops up an option to install it: https://gist.github.com/TMVictor/3f24e27a21215414ddc68842057482da. Note: I haven't played Evolve in months.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

For other people who might be having the same trouble I guess. The page I linked is the page that runs the scripting edition of evolve, it is not itself a script to run. The script was the page linked by a kind goon up thread, I needed to use that one.

Now for trying to understand how it works and finding the level of active play I find engaging I basically want to be free to engage with it every 15-30 minutes and not in a major microintensive way, just making big decisions like what researches to get next and what building to maybe focus on.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 1, 2020

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Anything i miss out on in Synergism if i close the browser once my run is set up?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
My buddy made a 90 second idle game for Octojam this year: https://cishetkayfaber.itch.io/only-the-good-die-neil-young

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Phone posted:

My buddy made a 90 second idle game for Octojam this year: https://cishetkayfaber.itch.io/only-the-good-die-neil-young

Fake news, that thing is only 88 seconds long!

Thank you for posting it here! I forgot this thread existed because I am a bad friend to idle games.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Can someone recommend me the best paid idle/clicker game on steam? I can't decide between EF: Reclaiming the World or Idle Evolution and want to know if there's something better. I want it to be paid so I can just buy it and then work on finishing it.
Forget Me Not: My Organic Garden is delightfully weird. Should take 10-15 hours to finish everything (so not a years long time sink like NGU) and there's nothing that special about the gameplay IIRC, but the story bits are spot on. 80% off right now too!

That's the only clicker game I've ever bought though, so I can't help you with your dilemma.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I'm liking A Dark Room otherwise but the exploration/adventuring bit I am really not into and just find stressful. Is that going to be a big thing for the rest of the game?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Pope Guilty posted:

I'm liking A Dark Room otherwise but the exploration/adventuring bit I am really not into and just find stressful. Is that going to be a big thing for the rest of the game?

It gets way easier as you go along, but if I remember the game correctly the whole thing is resolved by doing enough exploring.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

DariusLikewise posted:

It gets way easier as you go along, but if I remember the game correctly the whole thing is resolved by doing enough exploring.

Yeah, I just finished it. Wasn't nearly so bad once every single fight wasn't probably going to kill me.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Pope Guilty posted:

Yeah, I just finished it. Wasn't nearly so bad once every single fight wasn't probably going to kill me.

Yeah I couldn't really get into the sequel/prequel The Ensign because of the exploration/combat

A Dark Room is worth a second play through if

Basically ignore the villagers and don't force them to do any jobs, you get another ending this way

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

DariusLikewise posted:

Yeah I couldn't really get into the sequel/prequel The Ensign because of the exploration/combat

A Dark Room is worth a second play through if

Basically ignore the villagers and don't force them to do any jobs, you get another ending this way

The Ensign was made by the guy who did the ports of A Dark Room. He got real pissy when it tanked in comparison and he had to go get a job again

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Len posted:

The Ensign was made by the guy who did the ports of A Dark Room. He got real pissy when it tanked in comparison and he had to go get a job again

wasn't the alternate ending also made by that guy and thus isn't in the web version because the web version understands that implication and understatement can be better storytelling than hammering it in

I've never played the mobile ports so

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I've just unlocked Cards in NGU.

What's the general approach to it? Do i keep yeeting anything that's meh or bad etc and just keep my mayo for anything that's ok or higher?

I'm assuming that over time i unlock more mayo generators until they're all continually generating mayo.

Do card bonuses overwrite earlier ones or is it a permanent stacking bonus?

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Kin posted:

I've just unlocked Cards in NGU.

What's the general approach to it? Do i keep yeeting anything that's meh or bad etc and just keep my mayo for anything that's ok or higher?

I'm assuming that over time i unlock more mayo generators until they're all continually generating mayo.

Do card bonuses overwrite earlier ones or is it a permanent stacking bonus?

It's a permanent stacking thing.

You have the right general idea, it's going to generally be about balancing Mayo spent vs. mayo generated, and setting a certain breakpoint of quality is (probably) one of the easiest effective ways. You also may want to adjust it based on what type of card, ie, a lower quality threshold for Adventure stats or wishspeed, but a higher quality threshold for augments or Wandoos speed.

There will also be things that adjust how much mayo and cards you get over time, and generally more mayo means you can cast worse cards, but more cards means you can be pickier about casting only good cards.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
early on you generate so little and have no tiers so just mess around and see what feels good. the cards I have now are orders of magnitude better than starting ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
Evolve feels like Kittens Game's less coherent cousin.

Spreading Kittens / citizens to various jobs? Check.
Resource caps and half of struggle is raising these caps? Check.
Crafted resources that require constant clicking or there will be waste? Check.
Weird rear end progression? Check.

So, does Evolve turn more different or interesting later on?