Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Marx Was A Lib posted:

Buying physical copies of games in tyool 2020

Can be cheaper than buying digital. Also you can re sell it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

For me the main draw is the lower price and that physical stores often break the official release date.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Marx Was A Lib posted:

Buying physical copies of games in tyool 2020

Who cares

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

That's what I'm trying to say

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
gently caress i just cant get enough of the final section of bury the light, im such a fuckin mark for power metal

they finally put a goddamn guitar solo in a dmc song it's so good

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I have been playing a lot of Hades but they should have a DMC bloody palace where you choose the next encounter and you unlock weapons and stat buffs and such as you go

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

No, please no "stat buffs" in good games, tyvm.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/mrlightningvolt/status/1313775402893148160?s=21

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

A challenger appears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f-JkmHqLdc

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
I hope they put all the SE features on PC eventually. I'll absolutely 100% the game again on PS5 because I'm obsessive with this series, but I'd rather use my save data.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

J2DK posted:

I hope they put all the SE features on PC eventually. I'll absolutely 100% the game again on PS5 because I'm obsessive with this series, but I'd rather use my save data.

I was thinking the same between ps4 > ps5, I wonder if I can at least move the save data over so I don’t have to unlock stuff again

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

J2DK posted:

They’ve officially announced that the SE is console only. If they release a PC version it’ll be a ways down the road

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
If there’s enough demand they will eventually, considering these are the same devs who said there was no plans for any Vergil content or an SE.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They're just lying again and in 6 months it'll surprise drop on PC.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
The biggest precedent against it would be DmCDE that similarly added mostly content that was already available as mods on PC. I do still hope SE drops against all odds

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://youtu.be/QhVzifBKuP0

I am the storm that is approooooooooaching!
Provooooooooking!!!

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I just bought this game (red orb edition? The one discounted in the EU store a few weeks ago)

I have never played a DMC before

I am confused and delighted at everything that's happened in the first two missions

Any tips or anything to get me up to speed?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

This is wonderful, just the dumbest thing and the noise it makes!! :allears:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Deltasquid posted:

I just bought this game (red orb edition? The one discounted in the EU store a few weeks ago)

I have never played a DMC before

I am confused and delighted at everything that's happened in the first two missions

Any tips or anything to get me up to speed?

Buy new moves based on their price. Cheapest ones first. They're usually the most important ones.

Don't waste red orbs on buying hands.

Be stylish.

EDIT: Here's the simple 3 step guide to being stylish.

1. Don't get hit.
2. Hit enemies.
3. Once you can do 1 and 2, start mixing up the moves you're doing as much as you can.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Provooooooooking!!!

Lame that the V transformation is only one move, but lmao that one of Vergil’s taunts is just showing off Nero’s severed hand

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Jumping has iframes on startup so it can be an easier dodge cause it's one button

Enemies don't attack when they're off screen - if you're overwhelmed you can just spin the camera for the kid trick of pulling a blanket over your head and the monsters can't hurt you, and to force one on ones

Glhf dmc owns!

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Jack Trades posted:

Provooooooooking!!!

That LDK mode might be fun. It's hard to really say since I may never get to play it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I find it funny this Vergil is even closer to the DmC version now, with his Devil Trigger being used for the Doppelganger. Bit disappointed there's no real Sin Devil Trigger equivalent, like him turning into Urizen, but he still looks fun.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Brutakas posted:

That LDK mode might be fun. It's hard to really say since I may never get to play it.

Well there's this, but I bet once people actually see which enemies are in what room on the PSV version, a mirror copy of the mode will appear on PC.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saIObK1Wdb4

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is weird to realize that DMC1 is the only (nondmc2) game in the series to not have playable Vergil. Though I suppose it does have Yamato at least

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
https://youtu.be/FnFn0DdtG6Q

Here's some more gameplay bits. I like the new tricks I've seen so far. Vergil stuff ends about 9 minutes in or so.

Extremely happy that his ult line is "Now I'm a little motivated"

Alkarl fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 3, 2020

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Alkarl posted:

https://youtu.be/FnFn0DdtG6Q

Here's some more gameplay bits. I like the new tricks I've seen so far. Vergil stuff ends about 9 minutes in or so.

Extremely happy that his ult line is "Now I'm a little motivated"

Neat, it looks like each of his weapons now has a big move on a similar level to Yamato's Judgement Cut: End from the previous SE. The force edge has a psycho-crusher-esque forward spin (shown in one of the previous IGN videos) and this video shows Beowulf having a massive explosion.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

any recommended controller remaps? charging nero's gun midfight is a pain in my rear end

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Xbox for me was
LT exceed
LB lock
RT gun
RB unused till later
Y melee
X break away
A jump
B zip line grab thing

E: default controls for Nero are total butt once you've been playing for more than like 5 minutes

teh_Broseph fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 4, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

yeah i'm struggling a lot less with your remap. still struggling though, adding exceed has thrown me completely

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

EDIT: WRONG THREAD IGNORE

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Momomo posted:

I find it funny this Vergil is even closer to the DmC version now, with his Devil Trigger being used for the Doppelganger. Bit disappointed there's no real Sin Devil Trigger equivalent, like him turning into Urizen, but he still looks fun.

I will slap that blasphemy right out of your loving mouth, comparing our boy to that fedora clad gently caress

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
itsuno himself has gone on record as saying he liked DmC, and it doesn't seem to be in the polite japanese man way where you just tell blatant lies because he has consistently made vergil play more like DmC in terms of moveset/animations and less like he did back in dmc3
the DmC debacle is nearly a decade old now. an actual DMC5 exists. you can let your wounds heal & move on.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

darealkooky posted:

itsuno himself has gone on record as saying he liked DmC, and it doesn't seem to be in the polite japanese man way where you just tell blatant lies because he has consistently made vergil play more like DmC in terms of moveset/animations and less like he did back in dmc3
the DmC debacle is nearly a decade old now. an actual DMC5 exists. you can let your wounds heal & move on.

Never. So long as Ninja Theory exists, so shall I tend to the smoldering embers of the rage of my disdain.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

darealkooky posted:

Considering Vergil still has the core of Yamato, Force Edge and Beowulf, I'd say he just salvaged the few good ideas from that piece of crap and moved on.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

didnt ppl like how vergil played in DmC. like visually hes gross yeah but i remember people saying his dlc was the best part of the game

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Metal Gear Rising was a better Devil May Cry game than that thing imh(a)o

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

sharrrk posted:

didnt ppl like how vergil played in DmC. like visually hes gross yeah but i remember people saying his dlc was the best part of the game

I've only seen video of it and Vergil himself looks decently fun to play, but his actual levels are atrocious. He has high aerial mobility in arenas that are tiny rocks surrounded by bottomless pits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Marx Was A Lib posted:

Metal Gear Rising was a better Devil May Cry game than that thing imh(a)o

low bar to clear