Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Haha all politicians are the same!

gently caress off.

No lies detected in their post :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Not all politicians are the same but there are two who are eerily similar.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm of course referring to Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Hey we should abort this discussion while it’s still legal in this country

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/MommyBigDick/status/1323716500478332928

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I mean yeah, the hotdog I found on the floor is better to eat than the turd I found next to it, but it doesn't have any of the stuff I'd usually want on a hotdog, and it was still on the same ground as the turd.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
None of you "Biden sucks almost as much" idiots lived through a civil war and dictatorship, and it shows.

Privileged loving morons.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SpacePig posted:

I mean yeah, the hotdog I found on the floor is better to eat than the turd I found next to it, but it doesn't have any of the stuff I'd usually want on a hotdog, and it was still on the same ground as the turd.

If you knew what hunger actually was, a hot dog on the floor would sound pretty good

This is a great metaphor actually because only a person of lifetime privilege would think the two are similar enough to try and make that point

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL there's a micropenis awareness parade in my town.

So many gigantic new trucks that have absolutely never hauled cargo flying Trump flags.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Right. The idea that, as things are right now, we can wait for a hotdog with the stuff we want on it shows that people don't know how hungry we stand to get. But there's a chance we can be sustained long enough to change things. That South Park turd taco or poo poo sandwich thing always rang hollow with me because no way were they equally as bad as one another.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

The internet was a mistake

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Using privilege arguments to defend a man who helped spearhead the destruction of Iraq, the incarceration of a generation, and helped create the student loan crisis.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

LOL there's a micropenis awareness parade in my town.
How nice of your town to honor you like that!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

really queer Christmas posted:

Using privilege arguments to defend a man who helped spearhead the destruction of Iraq, the incarceration of a generation, and helped create the student loan crisis.

As in every other thread NO ONE is "defending" Biden. They are assessing the likely outcome of a biden presidency vs a trump one and one is extremely obviously worse than the other in nearly every way so people are holding their nose and voting D because the only other possible outcome is T

You doofus

edit: memes for the meme thread

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The point I was making is that Biden is the obvious choice but sucks really bad too. Like is that actually a controversial opinion on these Something Awful forums?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bike tory posted:

The point I was making is that Biden is the obvious choice but sucks really bad too. Like is that actually a controversial opinion on these Something Awful forums?

It's not except among the people that suggest if you vote for him at all that means you love him and want to marry him and suck his dick and give him the nobel prize for awesomeness

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

bike tory posted:

People don't like to hear that Biden is also terrible, their brain just kinda shuts off and half the time they'll start accusing you of supporting Trump.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Please don't make this thread suck like all the other D&D threads I can't help but doomscroll.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

If Biden had a R beside his name he would be seen as one of the greatest monsters of 20th century us politics.

But yeah I voted for him on the first day of early voting, guy is still miles better than the alternative.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Trabant posted:

None of you "Biden sucks almost as much" idiots lived through a civil war and dictatorship, and it shows.

Privileged loving morons.

Not yet

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

The No Joe idiots are absolutely coming from a place of privilege. Please, find someone who never had a chance to vote because they were born under a President For Life, and lay out your argument. See how long it takes them to slap you.

So sure, please, go ahead and stay home, confident that by refusing to vote your MORAL VICTORY OVER THE CORRUPT SYSTEM makes a difference.

loving lunatics.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The Bloop posted:

It's not except among the people that suggest if you vote for him at all that means you love him and want to marry him and suck his dick and give him the nobel prize for awesomeness

I'm not trying to be hostile, but getting upset at anyone thinking biden is bad by saying they're just too privileged is dumb. If youre gonna vote for biden that's ok, just don't shame people for thinking hes garbage.

Trabant posted:

The No Joe idiots are absolutely coming from a place of privilege. Please, find someone who never had a chance to vote because they were born under a President For Life, and lay out your argument. See how long it takes them to slap you.

So sure, please, go ahead and stay home, confident that by refusing to vote your MORAL VICTORY OVER THE CORRUPT SYSTEM makes a difference.

loving lunatics.

I'm staying home and not voting because my state doesn't allow mail in ballots and I've got covid, too much privilege having to go to work to keep my health insurance I guess.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Bloop posted:

If you knew what hunger actually was, a hot dog on the floor would sound pretty good

Nobody should be happy about eating floor dogs, even if they have to to survive.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

This made me laugh like a drain

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

I'm staying home and not voting because my state doesn't allow mail in ballots and I've got covid, too much privilege having to go to work to keep my health insurance I guess.

You've basically said you wouldn't vote for Biden anyway because he's somehow no better.

You should absolutely be shamed for being a goddamn idiot that can't see beyond their own nose.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Trabant posted:

loving lunatics.

Biden said that if you believe Tara Reade don't vote for him.

E: Why is it not ok to listen to Biden when he said if you want to be a progressive, not to vote for him?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
e: Yeah that too ^^^

Trabant posted:

Please, find someone who never had a chance to vote because they were born under a President For Life, and lay out your argument. See how long it takes them to slap you.

Oh that's easy, in the US that's about 40-50% of the population (ignoring the "born under a president for life" caveat). In fact, you could find and talk to several of them right now to find out how they feel about Biden versus Trump! Oh right, they're not voting because the system made sure of it (e.g. prisoners) or because neither party has offered them anything for their entire lives (poor people, minorities, other disenfranchised populations) or otherwise never had a chance to.

NoJoes come from all walks of life, many of them not privileged at all, maybe you could try asking them what they think.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm an ex-homeless Trans person, god my privilege is just so overwhelming right now as people threaten to murder me.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I so want to put you demented idiots into a time machine and send you to early 90s Yugoslavia.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

bike tory posted:

I really don't envy the choice people in the US have to make. I guess the down ballot races might be more interesting depending on where you live?

Lol yeah I wish we could vote for some limey politicians instead- thatd help things.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Boba Pearl posted:

I'm an ex-homeless Trans person, god my privilege is just so overwhelming right now as people threaten to murder me.

I wish you didn't have to go through that :(

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Everybody posting about the politics and not posting politics memes kindly shut the hell up.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The Maestro posted:

Everybody posting about the politics and not posting politics memes kindly shut the hell up.

https://twitter.com/joeyalison/status/1323700605529911296?s=20

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Of course Aku is alive. Jack won't be released from the time portal for thousands more years.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

If you don't love voting this much should you even vote??

https://twitter.com/holamikoo/status/1323676557353783297?s=19

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Meme tax

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Of course Aku is alive. Jack won't be released from the time portal for thousands more years.

Nice to know at 3 A.M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
It's too bad they deleted the "List of current pretenders" wikipedia page because the Carlists can't even agree on who to support.