Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Evolve is just kittens game if it had continued development, yes. But that means it’s much smoother in a lot of ways. For instance: the crafted stuff was a serious bottleneck in kittens game but in evolve you’re not really wasting resources meaningfully by not crafting plywood when wood is capped, even starting out you have enough wood production that it’s no big deal & just running two craftsmen on plywood continuously should be enough for the first reset. I also really like the prestige currencies and how they work, better than most games tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
In NGU, do Time Machine levels carried over from a previous rebirth via the Bank Quirks/Perks count against your 100 level limit during a 100 Level Challenge?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Pope Guilty posted:

In NGU, do Time Machine levels carried over from a previous rebirth via the Bank Quirks/Perks count against your 100 level limit during a 100 Level Challenge?

Generally speaking, nothing carries over into Challenges.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Klungar posted:

Generally speaking, nothing carries over into Challenges.

Yeah but it's a 100 level Challenge so I'll be rebirthing during the Challenge, and unless I completely ignore the Time Machine that will be generating TM levels that will persist across rebirths due to the Bank Perks and Quirks.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Pope Guilty posted:

Yeah but it's a 100 level Challenge so I'll be rebirthing during the Challenge, and unless I completely ignore the Time Machine that will be generating TM levels that will persist across rebirths due to the Bank Perks and Quirks.

I'm like 95% sure those perks are disabled during the 100 level challenge.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Arzaac posted:

I'm like 95% sure those perks are disabled during the 100 level challenge.

Yeah, that makes sense.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Is there any reason ever to go 1:37.5k:2 for R3 or is it fine just to stick to 1:37.5:1 for a ratio?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Okay so those perks definitely still work- I forgot to disable my Beards at the start of the challenge and once my Energy hit cap all my Beards filled out the rest of my levels cap instantly. After a rebirth, I've still got levels in them so I'd say the Banks absolutely work. And with a little testing, the Beard levels carried over via Banks definitely work provided the Beard is activated, which seems to work even if you max your 100 levels elsewhere and then turn on your Beards.

TheLing
Jul 20, 2008
Edit: Nevermind, got correct info from discord.

TheLing fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Nov 5, 2020

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i rarely use loadouts in NGU and the last time i did i was several equipment tiers below my current level. i have since thrown away most of the component parts, and only the items you have show up on the grid

so i clicked my previous loadout out of curiosity and lol

i'm the uug now :q:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i rarely use loadouts in NGU and the last time i did i was several equipment tiers below my current level. i have since thrown away most of the component parts, and only the items you have show up on the grid

so i clicked my previous loadout out of curiosity and lol

i'm the uug now :q:

the placement next to pants is :discourse:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Okay so I've got the wish to extend the money pit, threw in about 15 sextillion gold, and got this message. Why did I get 0 stats, and how do I not get that in future?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

That Money Pit result gives you an amount of adventure stats equal to 20-40% (depending on money pit tier) of an Iron Pill for 1 hour of your current blood production.

If you don't have any blood production currently going, 20% of 0 ends up being 0.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Arzaac posted:

That Money Pit result gives you an amount of adventure stats equal to 20-40% (depending on money pit tier) of an Iron Pill for 1 hour of your current blood production.

If you don't have any blood production currently going, 20% of 0 ends up being 0.

Ah, that makes sense, thank you!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I kinda assumed that a random race from a given group (in Evolution) wouldn't give me repeats until I had done each race at least once.

APPARENTLY NOT.

Thank god there is a soft reset button so I can roll the dice again.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Agent355 posted:

I kinda assumed that a random race from a given group (in Evolution) wouldn't give me repeats until I had done each race at least once.

APPARENTLY NOT.

There's an achievement unlock later that lets you choose the specific one you start with, at least. And, unless it has changed from ages ago which one you get from the group is determined on reset and not on evolution so you have to save before nuking yourself (or other reset).

You also want to play the same species multiple times in a row for a few achievements

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Agent355 posted:

APPARENTLY NOT.

I would make a save before the first evolution choice, then if I don't like what I rolled, I can try the other branches until I rolled something new. Or failing that, I would go with Antid or Trent for the Fanaticism bonus they provide.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
NGU Idle: it seems like there are a lot more ways to permanently raise adventure stats than there are to permanently raise energy/magic (Yggdrasil, Money Pit, Iron Pill), so that's what I've mostly been spending my experience on; am I loving up by not buying adventure stats?

I've also picked up the first three Yggdrasil freebies, all the inventory slots, all the Boost Recycling, Auto-Merge, item daycare, the merge slot, and the first extra accessory slot; haven't unlocked beards or macguffins yet. Anything else I should be spending XP on that's a good quality of life increase?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Buying adventure stats with experience is really something you only need to do around Sadistic difficulty; you definitely don't need to worry about it before then.

(I did occasionally do it mid-Evil just to bump myself up to the next Zone/Titan, though)

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

E: sorry double post.

Yeah I ended up soft resetting and just going down a different path to get a different result. Ultimately it's whatever but it still seems rather odd.

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.

Arzaac posted:

Buying adventure stats with experience is really something you only need to do around Sadistic difficulty; you definitely don't need to worry about it before then.

(I did occasionally do it mid-Evil just to bump myself up to the next Zone/Titan, though)

Disagree. There's one challenge that's "no equipment" challenge that's made loads easier if you buy some adventure stats. But, overall, besides that case; yeah, not much need that I've found as equipment carries you.

Edit: strikethrough my incorrect disagreement, as I double-checked the available challenges and realized: yeah: purchased adventure stats not so useful...I could have sworn one of the challenges was easier with it, but...not looking like it

Half-wit fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Nov 6, 2020

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
adventure stats step in when you stop needing to buy EM cap. you eventually get to a point where r3 is so expensive and gear so good that buying adventure stats to break into a new zone is extremely worth it

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Okay so I got into Trimps and I'm interested in something like the old Cookie Clicker script that would show you your +rate per cookie spent on upgrades and help you figure out what to buy next. The only thing Ive found online is an automation script, but I don't want the game to play itself, I just want better info about what will happen when I buy things. Is there such a thing?

Pope Guilty fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 6, 2020

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Pope Guilty posted:

Okay so I got into Trumps and I'm interested in something like the old Cookie Clicker script that would show you your +rate per cookie spent on upgrades and help you figure out what to buy next. The only thing Ive found online is an automation script, but I don't want the game to play itself, I just want better info about what will happen when I buy things. Is there such a thing?

In Trimps you can run the full automation script and just not enable any of it. You then get pretty graphs to help you figure out how to your runs and doing and min/max the prestige currency. I stopped playing a few years ago but I don't think this script will have changed their philosophy much. I forget what I found annoying eventually but I did eventually turn on some of the more basic automation features because that part of the game was unfun.

Just make a backup save I'm fairly certain it's all disabled by default and pretty granular.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

pixaal posted:

In Trimps you can run the full automation script and just not enable any of it. You then get pretty graphs to help you figure out how to your runs and doing and min/max the prestige currency. I stopped playing a few years ago but I don't think this script will have changed their philosophy much. I forget what I found annoying eventually but I did eventually turn on some of the more basic automation features because that part of the game was unfun.

Just make a backup save I'm fairly certain it's all disabled by default and pretty granular.

Oh nice, I'll check that out then!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Pope Guilty posted:

Oh nice, I'll check that out then!

Export a save before you install just in case something goes wrong, which is always what you should do before installing any mod in any game.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Weird glitch in Evolve. I can't build medium houses in this run. I can spend materials on them, it takes my materials but doesn't increase the number of houses and doesn't give me population.

I can probably still make it to MAD but gosh that better fix itself next run or I'll have to quit.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
When I refreshed Synergism just a bit ago, I noticed that c11 was now asking for 416 c10 clears. At first I assumed it was a bug and refreshed again, but it turns out it updated to 2.0.7 so maybe it makes it easier to use c11 to just grind out cubes or blessings at high corruption or whatever? I never actually tried it to see how it acted if you had all 30 clears already so I don't know.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Red Minjo posted:

When I refreshed Synergism just a bit ago, I noticed that c11 was now asking for 416 c10 clears. At first I assumed it was a bug and refreshed again, but it turns out it updated to 2.0.7 so maybe it makes it easier to use c11 to just grind out cubes or blessings at high corruption or whatever? I never actually tried it to see how it acted if you had all 30 clears already so I don't know.

You have a Hyperchallenged Corruption (IV) on.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
after you finish c11 if you can get challenge completions in it you call get 2x spirit power so it's better for farming

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Aerox posted:

You have a Hyperchallenged Corruption (IV) on.

Did I somehow miss that this also affected ascension challenges in 2.0.6 or are you telling me something I already know? What did 2.0.7 change then?

Red Minjo fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Nov 7, 2020

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Portals are the Trimps prestige mechanic, right?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
in Synergism why do my Challenge Completions keep resetting, even when I'm not rebirthing they keep setting to 0

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Saraiguma posted:

in Synergism why do my Challenge Completions keep resetting, even when I'm not rebirthing they keep setting to 0

Are all challenge completions resetting or just certain ones?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
purple challenges rest on reincarnation. people and green rest on ascension

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
Yeah I think I ran a higher tax challenge (and immediately failed out) so that probably did it and I didn't notice for a while.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

It's a real nuisance and basically requires you to get the instant challenge completer in the shop.

Speaking of Synergism, when should I start considering messing with Corruption/Trying for C11? I've been in a holding pattern of ascensions the past few days and I've now almost got them to a point where I can do them in one sitting without having to leave the game idle for a bit. About 20k cube blessings total, first row (except last thing) of cube upgrades filled out + the building power upgrade in second row.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
The strangely labeled "Retry Challenge" Button is very useful there because it will start each successively harder challenge without you having to do anything. Before you unlock auto-challenge completion from the shop it's a real lifesaver.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Alright, how do I proceed in Synergism? C11 and C12 are fully completed, C13/C14 are both stuck on that massive gulf that splits 17 and 18 completions. Nowhere near C15 ready, feels like.
Cube upgrades are filled out and 91 levels in the last one. ~280k hypercubes, 5.35m Tesseracts, 209.5b Cubes "opened". 1.11e14 Blessings, 11m Spirits. All red research taken except for the last two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
[quote is not edit]