Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

https://twitter.com/businessinsider/status/1320775226649649158

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I’m pretty regular, except this time I started my bleed on Sunday night and then not a drop after that. What the gently caress body. You better not be holding back the bloodgates until Saturday.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I probably already posted this but I did try an IUD once...they took it out an hour later because the pain was too intense.

Fortunately (?) for me I'm a huge loving risk for breast and ovarian cancer so once I finish having kids (???) I'm getting ALL that poo poo scooped out.

And I'm gonna get AWESOME huge breast implants so I can be the hottest MILF at the PTA meeting

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Three days after my period "ended", I went & had myself a clot attack. I'm sure that's totally normal & fine.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

It's been a random mournful wail kind of cramping day and my husband keeps asking me if I'm okay. It's sweet that he's concerned but stop asking just let me lay here and moan.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Last year I was walking along and suddenly had serious abdominal pain. I couldn't tell where it was coming from, other than "the guts". It got worse fast, pain so bad I felt like I was gonna vomit. Within minutes I had to stop because I could barely stand, and I was considering calling 911. Did my appendix just burst, what's going on?

Then there was a hot, wet gush. The pain went away. Still no idea what is going on. Did I pee myself? Diarrhoea? Did something burst? :ohdear: I know there's fluid, but no idea what kind of fluid. I look down and a red flesh marble drops out the leg of my pants.

As far as I can figure a chunk of uterine lining, or maybe a clot, had somehow got wedged so it was acting like a cervix plug. The menstrual fluid built up behind it and pressurized it or something? When the pressure got high enough it pushed the flesh marble through the cervix, followed by a swoosh of fluid that was like a day's worth of menstruation all at once.

Luckily I was wearing black pants so I was able to waddle home undetected.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Spent Sunday in the ER with another burst ovarian cyst. This was just over 10cm this time and now I have an appointment on Friday with my gyno to talk about cyst happy ovaries again. This is what I get for ignoring the pretty persistent but low level abdominal pain I've had for the last couple months. I assumed it my body's reaction to anxiety, since that's also a thing with me. Also got a ton of dilaudid and a talking too since the closest hospital that takes my insurance is Catholic.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 29, 2020

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm just wondering how difficult it will be to get my tubes tied.

It wasn't "difficult", but looking back I should have filed a complaint. My husband was getting the snip as well, but to be extra sure I wouldn't have kids, I wanted my tubes tied as well.

Doc asked me why I'd want to go through the procedure when it's a lot easier for the guy and asked me if I planned on having an affair. I was so taken aback and just said no, that I just wanted to be sure. But I should have went straight to patient advocacy.

So, you can probably get it, but if you're under 30 and don't have kids, get ready for some push back. On one hand, I get it because I'm sure some people change their mind and they don't want to deal. But on the other...just turn off the baby machine cuz no thanks. I signed the papers, it's on me if I change my mind.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

BULLETKISS posted:

Doc asked me why I'd want to go through the procedure when it's a lot easier for the guy and asked me if I planned on having an affair. I was so taken aback and just said no, that I just wanted to be sure. But I should have went straight to patient advocacy.

Lol what the gently caress? What a dickbag.

quote:

So, you can probably get it, but if you're under 30 and don't have kids, get ready for some push back. On one hand, I get it because I'm sure some people change their mind and they don't want to deal. But on the other...just turn off the baby machine cuz no thanks. I signed the papers, it's on me if I change my mind.

I'm 33 with no kids, but I'm single so I can't cheat on anybody! :rolleyes: Seriously though, if I can get a tattoo with the understanding that it's permanent & only removable via painful scarring methods, I should be able to get my tubes tied.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
The only person I know who got a tubal ligation with out a lot of fuss was one who had a genetic issue. Even my friend who wanted one after her 3rd kid got a lecture about it because she was 32 and might want more.

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

Lol what the gently caress? What a dickbag.

I'm 33 with no kids, but I'm single so I can't cheat on anybody! :rolleyes: Seriously though, if I can get a tattoo with the understanding that it's permanent & only removable via painful scarring methods, I should be able to get my tubes tied.

Yeah he was a douche for sure.

I just know that when I got the procedure done, they made me repeat that it was a PERMANENT option by each of the 3 nurses that did the pre-op. Like yes dammit...get to cutting.

So don't let our stories deter you. Make the appointment and get ready for questions, but unless you have an extreme doc who has personal reservations about it and refuses (and if that happens just find someone else), you'll get it done.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Tulalip Tulips posted:

The only person I know who got a tubal ligation with out a lot of fuss was one who had a genetic issue.

I wonder if epilepsy counts. Of course, there's no history of epilepsy in my family, and it's very well-managed & barely noticeable with medication, but a gal can dream.

BULLETKISS posted:

Yeah he was a douche for sure.

I just know that when I got the procedure done, they made me repeat that it was a PERMANENT option by each of the 3 nurses that did the pre-op. Like yes dammit...get to cutting.

So don't let our stories deter you. Make the appointment and get ready for questions, but unless you have an extreme doc who has personal reservations about it and refuses (and if that happens just find someone else), you'll get it done.

I want to deal with the fibroids first but I know that with a staunch pro-lifer in the Supreme Court, I need to be infertile as soon as humanly possible.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

My period is two days early. This explains why I was overwhelmingly depressed the Thursday night that I had something I want to call a sadness orgasm where while trying to sleep and dwelling upon my inability to do anything important with my life I had rolling shocks of woe. I'm fine now though. It helps to know it's my stupid hormones making me very sad.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Literally my favorite holiday today, I have a small party planned with my boyfriend and I get to impose Halloween on Swedes, while getting a wee tattoo today

And yet I just saw that it’s the great pumpkin Charlie Brown is on Apple TV for free until the 1st and I’m about to loving cry hard in this train station because it’s the beginning of Peanuts special season and god I miss my mom. I don’t know when I’ll see her next and I don’t like it.

Now I’m watching someone having difficult time and he’s run away from his group home, seeing strangers check in on him and call the home gives me hope. Sometimes I feel this country is very cold to its fellow man but not now. This is nice and now it’s so nice I’m gonna cry again.

PMS!!!!

Update: I found the American import shop in Stockholm and I’m now crying because of a blue razz blow pop publicly, a new record!

teen witch fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Oct 31, 2020

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

After more than a month, my new implant is getting put in a week from Monday. I can’t wait to get stabbed in the armpit three times.

No, really, I can’t.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Good luck! Took long enough for them to get their act together.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I've had a copper IUD for about nine years. Want to have it taken out because I don't date much anymore and the heavier periods are no longer worth the tradeoff. So I went in for a regular gyn checkup and said I'd like to make an appointment to have it taken out. He did the exam, then said the strings looked short and my cervix looked inflamed, that it might have gotten dislodged (and possibly embedded?) and I needed a sonogram first so that they could see what was going on. The sonogram is tomorrow morning.

I'm so freaked out and imagining all the worst case scenarios. My period cramps have been worse for months now and only on the left side, and now I feel like it must be embedded and then, what if it's perforated through? Right now I'm not having any cramping exactly but I feel very, like, AWARE of my uterus and I feel like I can feel the thing jabbing into me, and I feel kinda queasy - which could be all be in my head/stress. The other day I thought I could feel something hard in my abdomen, like it was oriented sideways and pressing out, but I'm chubby enough that I couldn't be sure. I'm not usually much of a hypochondriac and this is driving me nuts. I'm probably fine. Ugh.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Facebook Aunt posted:

Last year I was walking along and suddenly had serious abdominal pain. I couldn't tell where it was coming from, other than "the guts". It got worse fast, pain so bad I felt like I was gonna vomit. Within minutes I had to stop because I could barely stand, and I was considering calling 911. Did my appendix just burst, what's going on?

Then there was a hot, wet gush. The pain went away. Still no idea what is going on. Did I pee myself? Diarrhoea? Did something burst? :ohdear: I know there's fluid, but no idea what kind of fluid. I look down and a red flesh marble drops out the leg of my pants.

As far as I can figure a chunk of uterine lining, or maybe a clot, had somehow got wedged so it was acting like a cervix plug. The menstrual fluid built up behind it and pressurized it or something? When the pressure got high enough it pushed the flesh marble through the cervix, followed by a swoosh of fluid that was like a day's worth of menstruation all at once.

Luckily I was wearing black pants so I was able to waddle home undetected.

Hey hey, this is a shot in the dark but when this happened to me, turned out I had a massive fuckin' fibroid, whatever you do don't ignore it for two years until you pass out from anemia :haw: It might be something you wanna get an ultrasound on.

I might as well vent about my terrible reproductive organs in this thread, I'm a trans dude and have been ignoring pretty much everything bad that happens to my uterus as "oh well that's just how it is!" until this year, when I almost died of blood loss (needed two bags for my blood transfusion! yeah!) and learned that Satanic-level hell-cramps that stop me from walking and talking aren't normal. Turns out I have a baseball-sized fibroid that can't be removed cause it's embedded in the lining, as well as a tilted uterus, and the only way to stop me from dying/bleeding out is to either get a hysterectomy or other surgery that results in me not having kids, which actually I'm super pumped about. I'm being pumped full of hormones and I think it's absolutely bizarre that my organs revolted against me. I'm glad my doctor gave me the option to choose testosterone & progesterone for my treatment and not force me onto estrogen, she was super cool and respectful. It's a weird sitch but I'm glad I figured it all out, it sucked not being able to stand up on my period because I would birth a hamster-sized blood clot every time I shifted a leg. Right now I'm trying to get used to having normal-people hormones and not being in an anemic fatigue haze all the time.

On that note, I have to select between a tube-tying, full-on hysterectomy, or minimally-invasive radiology surgery, I'm leaning towards the last one but the idea of not having this stupid thing any more is very appealing. Anyone have experience with this sort of tumory-fibroidy-surgery thing?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

showbiz_liz posted:

I've had a copper IUD for about nine years. Want to have it taken out because I don't date much anymore and the heavier periods are no longer worth the tradeoff. So I went in for a regular gyn checkup and said I'd like to make an appointment to have it taken out. He did the exam, then said the strings looked short and my cervix looked inflamed, that it might have gotten dislodged (and possibly embedded?) and I needed a sonogram first so that they could see what was going on. The sonogram is tomorrow morning.

I'm so freaked out and imagining all the worst case scenarios. My period cramps have been worse for months now and only on the left side, and now I feel like it must be embedded and then, what if it's perforated through? Right now I'm not having any cramping exactly but I feel very, like, AWARE of my uterus and I feel like I can feel the thing jabbing into me, and I feel kinda queasy - which could be all be in my head/stress. The other day I thought I could feel something hard in my abdomen, like it was oriented sideways and pressing out, but I'm chubby enough that I couldn't be sure. I'm not usually much of a hypochondriac and this is driving me nuts. I'm probably fine. Ugh.

Tell us how it worked out!

The fear of that sort of thing is why I ended up going for the arm implant, just didn't want to have that worry...

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Nettle Soup posted:

Tell us how it worked out!

The fear of that sort of thing is why I ended up going for the arm implant, just didn't want to have that worry...

It looks like I'm ok! The IUD is maybe a little askew but not embedded or anything. And it turns out that the pain was my period showing up early lol. I wonder why, not like anything stressful is going on! (Still not sure what the hard thing I thought I felt through my stomach wall was - will ask the doctor - but now I'm wondering if it was just my uterus itself cramping up.)

I got a copper IUD in my early 20s because I felt like taking hormonal BC was impacting my emotions and I didn't like that. I tried a few types of pills and the ring and they all seemed to affect me more strongly than I was comfortable with. So I wouldn't have considered an implant etc for myself. Now I'm in my early 30s and am a perpetually single mostly-lesbian, so I won't be replacing the IUD with another form of birth control until/unless I have a pressing need to.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Glad it's all ok!

That makes sense, I often get super depressed and irritable before my period and making that worse would be terrible. Best to stay away.

I hadn't been on anything before this and was willing to try pills, but when they tried to find ones for me they all had lactose in them, and they didn't want to give me them. That said, the implant killed my libido for the first 3 months or so and that was really awful... If it hadn't more-or-less cleared up I would have forced them to take it out.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ciaraioch/status/1323647854448181260

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Minus the baby girl this could be my boyfriend

(I love that he isn’t squicked but goddamn boy I am GASSY and CRAMPY)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I have never had sex that was grosser than period sex. The smell alone. :gonk:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Last week I was using the bathroom while I was in that spotty stage right before your period starts for real--finished going pee and happened to look down to discover a long string of lining just hanging out, swaying in the breeze. Tried to jiggle my hips to try and shake it loose. No dice. It looked like a loogie coming from my vagina. Anyway just thought I'd share that I guess.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I love this thread so loving much!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
At this point I’ll be grateful for getting my period this exact second. Any loving distraction is welcome

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Am on my second day and sat on the toilet, absolute loving poop waterfall out of my rear end after spending all day yesterday constipated. at least my body knows what to do

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

IUD is going in on Monday!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Maigius posted:

IUD is going in on Monday!

Noice! If you can, take Tuesday and maaaybe Wednesday off.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

blood gates opened for me around yesterday afternoon. I do hope that’s not some kind of omen :ohdear:

bright side, though, this one’s a fair bit less crampy already

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

teen witch posted:

Noice! If you can, take Tuesday and maaaybe Wednesday off.

Working from home at least, but also have a dentist appointment on Tuesday. Now getting a little worried.

Edit: Should ibprophen work or should I also pick up some Tylenol?

Maigius fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 4, 2020

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Maigius posted:

Working from home at least, but also have a dentist appointment on Tuesday. Now getting a little worried.

Get whatever works the hardest, it’s a baaaad cramp rising

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

in japan if you buy sanitary pads at the drug store they put it in a special opaque plastic bag separate from your other stuff because its supposed to be Shameful but i always slam dunk the things on the counter, pay and tell them to leave the bag off, then i walk home with the pads under my arm, beaming with pride. im a good husband

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Ever since the baby my periods had been a slow burn then intense affair with 75% coming out in one day that lasted 3-4 days. This month is was blood tsunami from Friday and only ending Thursday. I do not like this new trend.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I never even know how to answer "so when did your last period start/end"... you mean when did I start getting brown discharge, or when did I start cramping, or when did I start seeing actual red blood, and then the same in reverse.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Shibawanko posted:

in japan if you buy sanitary pads at the drug store they put it in a special opaque plastic bag separate from your other stuff because its supposed to be Shameful but i always slam dunk the things on the counter, pay and tell them to leave the bag off, then i walk home with the pads under my arm, beaming with pride. im a good husband

My dad would always pick up pads and tampons for my mom even if she didn't ask him to when they were in college "so people would know he had a steady girl" :kimchi:

Maigius posted:

YMMV but cannabis (or CBD if you're not in a legal state) lube does waaaay more for cramps for me than any NSAID does. I can't take them anymore anyway due to stomach issues :negative: but the vag weed is nice.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

BULLETKISS posted:

In the medical staff's defense here (and only here) they have to do that. It's a response to the forced sterilizations, because the most common way they would get people to agree was to suggest that or outright lie that tubal ligation was reversible.

So it sucks when you do, in fact, want a permanent solution but imo its for a good reason.

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

hopeandjoy posted:

In the medical staff's defense here (and only here) they have to do that. It's a response to the forced sterilizations, because the most common way they would get people to agree was to suggest that or outright lie that tubal ligation was reversible.

So it sucks when you do, in fact, want a permanent solution but imo its for a good reason.

Oh yeah I don't blame them since I figured it was for a reason. Just the bs I had to go through to get there I was just over it. Just me bitching in general, not against those nurses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

My sister in law is working on adopting a kiddo and they’re having paperwork drawn up to make the hubbs and I the guardians should something happen to them.

Suddenly after almost fourteen years we are having the kids discussion and I’m stunned that he still thought natural kid was a viable option for us. I made my peace with adoption-only about five years ago. Even if I didn’t have horrid reproductive problems, I would still be considered a geriatric pregnancy at this point.

I really think men just don’t realize that we’re on the clock when it comes to fertility. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t regret the path that got us here, but I’ve been assuming adoption for years now.

In more directly period related news, Monday I get stabbed in the armpit a bunch for my new Nexplanon implant.