Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Astrofig posted:

But not with booze!

Of course not. We're not animals off the street. No, we celebrate with cocaine and whip-its like civilized adults, thankyouverymuch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einarr Saltyman
Oct 4, 2020

First day out of quarantine, no covid symptoms.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Einarr Saltyman posted:

First day out of quarantine, no covid symptoms.

Sounds like a reason to celebrate!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Solice Kirsk posted:

Of course not. We're not animals off the street. No, we celebrate with cocaine and whip-its like civilized adults, thankyouverymuch.

I prefer huffing glue, but to each their own.

Einarr Saltyman
Oct 4, 2020

oldpainless posted:

Sounds like a reason to celebrate!

I go straight to the beach and jog, will never take the air that I breathe for granted again.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Got a 10% raise at work today after stressing out for the past few months that I was about to be fired because I screwed up some HR paperwork this summer that delayed my badge renewal for over a month. So at least I can stop worrying about that for a while...

...unless this was just to lure me into a false sense of security, to make sure I stick around until they're done with the firing paperwork. But probably not.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My absolute worst client (just a huge rear end in a top hat, smug, condescending, demanding, total shitbag, always asking to do things he knows he's not allowed to do) is not my problem anymore. In fact, he's not my bank's problem anymore. I wish I could say more because it's hilarious and juicy as hell. Oh well, hope the prison system is nice to him.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Solice Kirsk posted:

My absolute worst client (just a huge rear end in a top hat, smug, condescending, demanding, total shitbag, always asking to do things he knows he's not allowed to do) is not my problem anymore. In fact, he's not my bank's problem anymore. I wish I could say more because it's hilarious and juicy as hell. Oh well, hope the prison system is nice to him.

Bitcoin strikes again!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Solice Kirsk posted:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Our kids were bummed that trick or treating was cancelled this year, but one of our neighbours organized a nicely-distanced block party with reverse t-or-t (bins for each kid left on porches and we each took candy around during the day) and a kids’ costume parade. I met so many neighbours and they don’t seem mad that it took 4 years of living here to do so!

The kids were so happy and it was such a good time. I hope we do it again next year.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I use an ancient Galaxy Note 3 phone still, I love it and it works fine, but the charging port wore out over the years. It wouldn't hold a charge EXCEPT if you held the charging cable in at a specific angle. This angle happened to be just precisely the angle of the phone hanging off the charging cable when the cable is held at a horizontal angle. So I created a Home Alone-style jury-rigged setup with a pair of heavy duty pliers holding the charging cable, with 4 reams of office paper weighing down the pliers to make sure they didn't lose their grip on the charger, and having the weight of the phone pull it down at the angle mentioned before. Some further wiggling would be required, but it worked for the week and a half it took the replacement charging port to arrive. And because old phones are much more modular with separated circuit boards and use very little glue and parts are mostly screwed into place instead of soldered, replacing the part took like 5 minutes.

So now my phone is all hunky-dory and all it took was a 10 dollar replacement piece instead of buying a new phone that I'd probably hate.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

My dad has been sick with a cough, dipping O2 says, and intermittent fever since Tuesday, but just got his COVID test back negative!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My parents got me a porcelain ocarina for my birthday painted like the ocarina of time. It even has a songbook with fingering guides and sheet music for zelda songs.
That's gonna be fun to learn, but challenging too.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I got to see a multi-multi-millionaire cry at my desk today. Well, currently a multi-millionaire. Soon he won't be. Normally I don't like kicking someone when they're down, but this rear end in a top hat made my life a living hell (on purpose) for a couple of years. Getting to see him get his just desserts made up for an otherwise pretty average day.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I got to see a multi-multi-millionaire cry at my desk today. Well, currently a multi-millionaire. Soon he won't be. Normally I don't like kicking someone when they're down, but this rear end in a top hat made my life a living hell (on purpose) for a couple of years. Getting to see him get his just desserts made up for an otherwise pretty average day.

Please tell me he somehow bet all his wealth on Trump winning today or something. I mean, this is awesome either way but that'd just make it funnier.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Garrand posted:

Please tell me he somehow bet all his wealth on Trump winning today or something. I mean, this is awesome either way but that'd just make it funnier.

Based on previous posts it sounds like he's going to prison and this was already well in place before the election.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Trump is losing and Gary Peters is reelected.

And I didn't even need to use my AK.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I was offered a job nearly triple my salary plus full benefits. They are currently doing a background check. I will also get to work from home until Covid clears which is enough time for me to save up for a new vehicle.

While I enjoy the company I am with now I deserve way better and have worked too hard in school and with the company with no real progress being there.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Katamari Democracy posted:

I was offered a job nearly triple my salary plus full benefits. They are currently doing a background check. I will also get to work from home until Covid clears which is enough time for me to save up for a new vehicle.

While I enjoy the company I am with now I deserve way better and have worked too hard in school and with the company with no real progress being there.

Good on you! Take it and don't look back.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
They also have me training a new guy and have decided that my training isn't good enough. I can't wait to tell them that their method of training was for nothing when I am gone lmfao.

Feel bad for the new guy though. Very younger kid and is overwhelmed. Was comfortable with me and everything until they stepped in to poo poo on him.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I also got a new job yesterday, which means i'll no longer need to be up at 3 am to work in a fridge for 11 hours a day. Also while the money 9-5 will be slightly less, I will be working 1 in every 3 weekends so that'll help close the gap or even overtake my prior shifts, plus the fact that i'll know I have the shifts every week so there won't be any weeks like this one where I just don't have any work and therefore aren't earning anything.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I also got a job offer!!

After months of exhaustive, intense interviewing with round after round with dozens of companies and lots and lots of rejection, I just got an offer from a company I like, whose mission I can get behind, and whose team I think is really great! Was getting really doom-and-gloom in my head about it over the past couple of weeks and wondering if I was going to have to start a new career or something. They're sending the paperwork over this afternoon and I've got a little over a week until I start.

I'd actually withdrawn myself from consideration from another company a couple of weeks ago who was going to give me an offer, as I hated the product they were making and got a bad feeling from the team. I decided to bet on myself and look for a better opportunity, but I've been worried ever since that I made the wrong choice after another slew of rejections. I was in a place where I was wondering if the gap on my resume was getting too long and if I was actually a good candidate in the first place.

Gonna have to really brush up on some process that's gotten rusty after working for a super tiny company in my most recent position, and have to learn a new software next week to get up to speed with the tools they use, but now I'm just happy that I can breathe for the first time since June.

now if we can just get Trump the gently caress out of office I can slow that breathing down from hyperventilation

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

This is the dumbest sappiest song ever and I can't stop humming it under my breath.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9xHLPadyiyM

Our long national nightmare is over, kiddos. We're not home free yet. We gotta roll up our sleeves 'cuz we got a lot of work ahead of us. but it'll be nice to turn on NPR and not have to listen to that bloviating jackass.

EDIT: congratulations on the jobs! I know what it's like to sit in an interview across from a table and feel intimidated as all get out. I'm glad you all survived that experience to get the jobs you really want.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not really "awesome" but I'm pleasantly surprised that all of the super right wing clients I have are taking the election results in stride. I was preparing myself for a bunch of bitching, but it's been pretty easy going.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I found out how to change text colour on discord by interfacing directly with the javascript. It's a fun thing to do. https://www.techjunkie.com/discord-change-text-color/

It's imperfect but interesting.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I got a $1/hour raise. And because it was supposed to start last paycheck, but something went screwy, I'm getting retropay on top of my paycheck this week. This is super convenient, because payday is the day before we move to our new apartment.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

3 hours ago I was sure I was getting a migraine. I felt peculiar and then I got really cold hands, which is a dead giveaway since I normally have toasty warm hands. Anyway, it's been a while and my hands are back to normal and I no longer feel weird, so yay!

I don't actually get migraine headaches, I just get the aura and other weird symptoms like super cold hands. Migraines are very strange.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

My friend still like me :unsmith:

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I'll probably be fired tomorrow, but I finally got my credit-stealing boss into a situation where he had to give a presentation on my work on short notice at a cabinet meeting. Guy has been inserting himself in email chains and meetings implying that he's in charge of all my projects for years (he is not, he has no idea what the hell I do).

From what I hear he wasn't able to answer even basic questions on the subject and a vp even snapped at him for it. Not sure what that means to me in the future but it sure feels good today.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Manager Hoyden posted:

I'll probably be fired tomorrow, but I finally got my credit-stealing boss into a situation where he had to give a presentation on my work on short notice at a cabinet meeting. Guy has been inserting himself in email chains and meetings implying that he's in charge of all my projects for years (he is not, he has no idea what the hell I do).

From what I hear he wasn't able to answer even basic questions on the subject and a vp even snapped at him for it. Not sure what that means to me in the future but it sure feels good today.

Sounds to me like there is a position opening up that you're qualified for.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Not today specifically, but earlier this week: I got diagnosed with aspergers. :toot:
I'm still me, but it gives me a bit more protections and etc. So it's a nice thing side thing to get out of my ongoing therapy.

Which will hopefully help with my process of trying to apply for long term disability, as well as give me some rights and etc to accommodating my needs if I ever end up in a normal workplace/office again.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Got back from a 50k overnight hike that was absolutely lovely. Went to the gelato place near me as a post hike treat and their bank system was down which meant cash or use their app. My phone battery had died taking pics on the hike and I had no cash because it's roni days and you tap everywhere. Lady behind the counter gave me the cone and just said come buy another one later.

Gratuitous hike pics

Common Fringe Lily

Ephemeral pool - it's a sandy bottom pool so only has water when there has been a bit of recent rain. It's about 500m from the campsite so very welcome to have a swim in after a good days hiking.

Fresh water on tap so you don't need to carry 2 days worth.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

The cat was very good at the vet today! I'm very proud of him!! He's even lost weight, the little chunk! Our feeding changes are working. :3:

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
I've been really struggling with mental health during the pandemic, but I finally saved enough money to order a new bike. It feels great having something positive on the horizon to look forward to as another life preserver to help keep me afloat.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I'm happy for you and hope you have lots of lovely bicycle rides.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

I've been really struggling with mental health during the pandemic, but I finally saved enough money to order a new bike. It feels great having something positive on the horizon to look forward to as another life preserver to help keep me afloat.

Bullhorns rule \m/

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

SubNat posted:

Not today specifically, but earlier this week: I got diagnosed with aspergers. :toot:
I'm still me, but it gives me a bit more protections and etc. So it's a nice thing side thing to get out of my ongoing therapy.

Which will hopefully help with my process of trying to apply for long term disability, as well as give me some rights and etc to accommodating my needs if I ever end up in a normal workplace/office again.

Congrats! I’m working on navigating the process of a formal diagnosis myself and getting back into therapy.

I got a raise at my job today and I feel really appreciated, it’s such a nice feeling. :unsmith:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
My new boss really, really seems to like me. Like, I've heard from co-workers he raves about me. I have never once had an employer whose office I wasn't scared to enter in fear of getting chewed out. It's super new but I really could get used to this feeling.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

About a year and a half ago I noticed a family of crows who live in the trees in my apartment complex. I've been feeding and interacting with them since then and they've gotten really friendly! They caw good morning most days, and they'll keep me company for a block sometimes when I'm walking to work, just hopping along fences and signposts to keep pace. The boldest are, I think, the three birds that hatched this spring. Last time I saw them I had sweet potato fries to share and they were very happy about this.

Today they left me a crow gift. It is my turn to be so gosh darn happy. 🥰❤️🥰 It is the shiniest pebble I have ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Panic Restaurant posted:

Congrats! I’m working on navigating the process of a formal diagnosis myself and getting back into therapy.

I got a raise at my job today and I feel really appreciated, it’s such a nice feeling. :unsmith:

Congrats, and good luck yourself!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Today they left me a crow gift. It is my turn to be so gosh darn happy. 🥰❤️🥰 It is the shiniest pebble I have ever seen.

I am so jealous about CROW FRIENDS.