Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i typically don't begrudge people for what makes them happy, hope that's not what my post read as.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Escobarbarian posted:

Getting better at deflecting, getting closer with Lady Butterfly. Can consistently get to the second phase. My main issue right now is that whenever she jumps up I lose my lock-on so it’s hard to shuriken properly (but when it does work it’s a big help)

She's optional, but if you beat LB you'll be way way way more prepared for the rest of the game. She's a decent skill check and does a lot to make you more dextrous and aware of how to quickly rely on multiple combat options.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Did We Happy Few get any better ?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Namnesor posted:

Nendoroids are the cool version of Funkopops so even if I don't personally care for them, I won't begrudge anyone who does.

I wouldn't describe them as cool.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

She's optional, but if you beat LB you'll be way way way more prepared for the rest of the game. She's a decent skill check and does a lot to make you more dextrous and aware of how to quickly rely on multiple combat options.
Agreed. My first time through I wasn't upgraded at all and was still playing it like Bloodborne, doing hit and runs, being miserable but feeling like I could do it.

Then I got to the second phase which I am 100% confident is designed to stop that play dead in its tracks with the butterflies that track you because they absolutely are timed to hit you exactly as you try to dodge and then hit her when she's open after an attack like you would in BB. Unless you played it that way you'd never notice, but it's so devious!

That was the night I played it for 3 hours straight (I NEVER play games for that long at once, except Destiny raids) and finally got Good Enough to start clicking with the game.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got her! It was 100% a Matrix code moment. loving beautiful.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

:bisonyes:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Looking forward to the tomboy

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I wouldn't describe them as cool.

nendies are good, op

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

fit em all up in there posted:

Did We Happy Few get any better ?

Even if it was critically acclaimed and not the broken awful mess it apparently is, I don’t think I could bring myself to play it because the art style is just trash, combined with what I assume is a bad dystopian setting, like bioshock lite but even less fun to play somehow

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Escobarbarian posted:

Good job!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Regy Rusty posted:

Looking forward to the tomboy

i can't beat this motherufcking gonichumi

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgsqp-QlX6c

Vaati has recorded himself pulling down the pants of every boss in Sekiro's new gauntlet feature so if you are interested in learning really simple breakdowns of basic approaches for every fight that he makes look completely effortless and easy, here you go.

I am rushing through a NG+ right now because I think this might not be a bad Platinum but I forgot to kill Demon of Hatred before I picked my first ending :negative:

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 5, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

I forgot to kill Demon of Hatred before I picked my first ending :negative:

:yeshaha:

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I need it it’s beautiful https://youtu.be/NXaIhMg8hag

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Imhotep posted:

I need it it’s beautiful https://youtu.be/NXaIhMg8hag

That is a nice box set. I'd get the soundtrack separately. Not a fan of the games but the music is something else.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Bust Rodd posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgsqp-QlX6c

Vaati has recorded himself pulling down the pants of every boss in Sekiro's new gauntlet feature so if you are interested in learning really simple, really easy breakdowns of basic approaches for every fight that he makes look completely effortless and easy, here you go.

I am rushing through a NG+ right now because I think this might not be a bad Platinum but I forgot to kill Demon of Hatred before I picked my first ending :negative:

I posted this dude beating gyoubou with deflects only earlier, but he’s pretty good at the game, and shows off little stylish things you can do with prosthetics like forcing him to mist raven with the shuriken and just using the umbrella for a split second for the fire attack. But he’s got all of the new update bosses on his channel https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=la8MWKc7daA

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That is a nice box set. I'd get the soundtrack separately. Not a fan of the games but the music is something else.

Yeah I feel u, I think more people would maybe appreciate this one even if they didn’t like Automata, because if you’re like Fridge Corn, who seemed to enjoy the ending and cool little things that Nier does with sudden changes of camera angles/styles/genre and other little clever things, Nier: Replicant does that stuff throughout the entire game which Automata weirdly lacks. Or imo I think it’s sort of strange now that I’ve played most of the original that Automata didn’t even really attempt to do that outside of the bullet hell hacking stuff.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 5, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alright which one of you perverts bought this game, fess up

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Persona is more explicit

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Pfft. Weak competitor to Mara, imo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Does persona have magnum dong in it

Cos it should

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Cos it should

I think it’s riding in a chariot or something.

I know it has a penis monster somewhere

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cos it should

Go look up the SMT Demon/Persona fusion "Mara".

Do not do this on a work PC.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nothing you wouldn't see in Temple Bar of a Friday night

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Mine's on board for delivery today because I am a huge slut for Falcom

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us5MGEL5W34

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is it true that the Dual Sense works on the PS3 but not the PS4? That’s bonkers. I was thinking about picking one of them up even though there’s no sign of when I’ll will get a PS5, but I guess not.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is it true that the Dual Sense works on the PS3 but not the PS4? That’s bonkers. I was thinking about picking one of them up even though there’s no sign of when I’ll will get a PS5, but I guess not.

It's true. I used a Dual Sense to play Demon's Souls on my PS3.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

The PS3 doesn't give a poo poo about controller authing and a lot of old USB pads will work on it just fine. The PS4 on the other hand does, which is why stuff like the Mayflash F300 has a passthrough for a DS4 to be used as auth.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Tv chat for ps5, how prevelant do you guys think that HDMI 2.1 and VRR will make a difference?

Like here in Aus the difference is around $6-700 between a decent midrange 4k tv and the Sony x90 and other brands equivalents.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kirbysuperstar posted:

Mine's on board for delivery today because I am a huge slut for Falcom

I got the Frontline Edition, with artbook and soundtrack CD.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

same here my man

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Puddin posted:

Tv chat for ps5, how prevelant do you guys think that HDMI 2.1 and VRR will make a difference?

For me they'll be something I'll be looking for next time I buy a tv. VRR is a game changer on PC, your monitor can lock to refresh rates that aren't just 60hz so you won't get screen-tearing at most FPS ranging from 40+.
2.1 allows 4K 120fps but I'd imagine the amount of games on the PS5 running at that spec will be minimal for a long long time and short of maybe something like Doom 2, I don't imagine many games will use it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Puddin posted:

Like here in Aus the difference is around $6-700 between a decent midrange 4k tv and the Sony x90 and other brands equivalents.

Personally I wouldn't want to be buying a new tv without vrr support, but I see that it's still not a standard feature on many mid rangish tvs. I'm probably waiting till next year.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Me too. The siren call of the Magnum Dong was irresistable.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Puddin posted:

I'm thinking VRR could be a big deal. I expect it'll make most games' quality mode perform way better, since the new consoles likely won't hit a stable 60FPS at 4K with all bells and whistles. I'm not sure about the other HDMI 2.1 features mattering much for PS5, I doubt many games will take advantage of 8K or 120FPS.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I bought the PS4 version of SMT Nocturne the other day but I regret it. It’s a really minimal upgrade, with janky movement and camera the same as on the PS2, and also not very good performance despite looking really simple. Also the cutscenes aren’t cleaned up at all and still 4:3, with that dumb rear end fuzzy thing on the edges like they do for vertical cell phone videos when they show them on the news.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 5, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The idea of either current console rendering 8K 3D graphics in real-time is a massive lol. Again, maybe Doom 64 or something

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Been playing Divinity 2 for like 5 hours a day lol. Game is definitely as good as it's reputation, and it's no surprise that I lot of people call it the best RPG of all time. It's so much better than the first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

veni veni veni posted:

Been playing Divinity 2 for like 5 hours a day lol. Game is definitely as good as it's reputation, and it's no surprise that I lot of people call it the best RPG of all time. It's so much better than the first one.

What a coincidence, I started playing this yesterday and man it's fantastic. I'm playing as a skeleton and there's so much fun roleplaying you can do with that! I just finished Fort Joy and I really feel like I'm hitting my stride.