Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Metapod posted:

constant meltdowns for a decade aren't signs of a poorly run team??????????

a 3 point win that came down to a missed fg at the end doesnt show equality??????

Stop, cousin. The winningest team for 50 years, the entire super bowl era up until the present, isnt poorly run.

You were partially right about equality this season, right up until the Titans lost to the Browns. Your statement is no longer even partially correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

I’m not weighing in on the overal argument but I WILL say that equality is demonstrated by a tie. so, for instance, the only truly equal teams in the nfl this season are the Eagles and the Bengals.

indigi fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 11, 2021

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

D-LINK posted:

Stop, cousin. The winningest team for 50 years, the entire super bowl era up until the present, isnt poorly run.

You were partially right about equality this season, right up until the Titans lost to the Browns. Your statement is no longer even partially correct

Things that happened before the iPhone released dont matter

Never have the steelers laid an egg to a team they should have beat.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

D-LINK posted:

You mean the Bengals

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I loving love the Baltimore R*vens

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Pretty inarguable that the steelers in the Tomlin era have been mentally weak and can't quite apply all their talent when it really matters, but I guess that regular season wins trophy still shines

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Phobeste posted:

Pretty inarguable that the steelers in the Tomlin era have been mentally weak and can't quite apply all their talent when it really matters, but I guess that regular season wins trophy still shines

Pretty hosed up and under achieving of the Patriots to only manage six titles while simultaneously having the greatest coach and quarterback of all time for a 20 year span. Imagine what could have happened if Bill could actually draft too

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

D-LINK posted:

Pretty hosed up and under achieving of the Patriots to only manage six titles while simultaneously having the greatest coach and quarterback of all time for a 20 year span. Imagine what could have happened if Bill could actually draft too

I know, it's sad. Guess we'll have to content ourselves with having more of the things that actually matter than any other franchise in the timeframe

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think the Patriots winning six Super Bowls over twenty years is pretty good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Killer Bs would have won seven if the nfl wasn't so scripted.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Had another EVGR at a public feeder and was able to get the word out so several birders could see it before it left :) . I won't let Donald Trump ruin my night.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Kawalimus posted:

Had another EVGR at a public feeder and was able to get the word out so several birders could see it before it left :) . I won't let Donald Trump ruin my night.

How long do birds hang out at feeders

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

indigi posted:

How long do birds hang out at feeders

Widely varies

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Congratulations to the newest member of the House of Representatives, Joe Burrow

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

high variance at the feeders today

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Y’all heard about the Undefeated Pittsburgh Steelers?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Time posted:

Y’all heard about the Undefeated Pittsburgh Steelers?

I haven't op, football had to take a year off because of covid, such a shame really

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

who do you guys think joe flacco voted for?

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

flacco is a 2x obama-trump-biden voter

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I wouldn't be remotely shocked if Lamar voted for Trump

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

CINCINNATI (The Borowitz Report)—In an early-morning victory statement that took many in the N.F.L. by surprise, the Cincinnati Bengals have declared themselves the winners of next February’s Super Bowl.

The declaration of victory seemed designed to stir controversy, in no small part because sixty minutes of the sixty-minute-long contest have yet to be played.

But the Bengals remained defiant, arguing that no touchdowns, extra points, field goals, or safeties scored after their announcement should count.

“As far as we’re concerned, we’ve already won,” the Bengals said.

Andy Borowitz is a Times best-selling author and a comedian who has written for The New Yorker since 1998. He writes The Borowitz Report, a satirical column on the news.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Cavauro posted:

CINCINNATI (The Borowitz Report)—In an early-morning victory statement that took many in the N.F.L. by surprise, the Cincinnati Bengals have declared themselves the winners of next February’s Super Bowl.

The declaration of victory seemed designed to stir controversy, in no small part because sixty minutes of the sixty-minute-long contest have yet to be played.

But the Bengals remained defiant, arguing that no touchdowns, extra points, field goals, or safeties scored after their announcement should count.

Andy Borowitz is a Times best-selling author and a comedian who has written for The New Yorker since 1998. He writes The Borowitz Report, a satirical column on the news.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Cavauro posted:

I'm glad the Bengals won

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Bengalzi

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
PFF has Joe as the #1 qb on deep balls weeks 7 and 8. This does not pass my eyeball test at all, but is real neat.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sharknado slashfic posted:

I wouldn't be remotely shocked if Lamar voted for Trump

I would be astonished if he voted.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I would be astonished if he voted.

Yeah good point

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1324214863657271296

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

oh yeah? watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uLgt4pLf9I

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's been a really rough year but stuff like this still makes me proud to be an American.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Lol

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Chad's gotta lean into that ramp. #1 rule of vert: cowards land on their back.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

How dare you criticize The Ocho in the afcn thread

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sooner he learns the less he eats poo poo. Speaking from experience falling like that on concrete hurts like a mother, and I was a teen not a 30 something.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
🥵

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever