Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Star-Trek-Lieutenant-Worf-Character-Figural-Mug-Applause/353251571860?hash=item523f6f3894:g:RUYAAOSwkY9fi95i

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

That is terrifying.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lmao

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Vintage...3MAAOSwLndfmwZL
:ohdear:

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

That's a mug you don't wanna chug!

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
https://twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/1324229551283564544?s=19

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Janeway did the right thing.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

killing tuvix was s good start, but letting neelix live was unforgivable

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

it was mostly to get Tuvok back he's worth twenty Neelix

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

I would take a utilitarian approach towards choosing Tuvix. He definitely seemed to be greater than the sum of his parts.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Tiberius Christ posted:

it was mostly to get Tuvok back he's worth twenty Neelix

The number of times Janeway and co. suggest something really, really stupid and it cuts to Tuvok saying "captain, if we do [stupid plan], [extremely lovely consequence] will happen," and then Janeway just ignores him and he makes an exasperated face... it had to be intentional. Some writer had to be writing for Tuvok and reacting to how dumb everything was. It happens every drat episode!

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Prison break slashfic episode starring Kim and Paris:
"Captain why don't we just cooperate with the rebels who want to bust their friends out of the same prison? This oppressive society clearly sucks, a load of others in there are probably also innocent, and we're in the Delta quadrant so who gives a gently caress"
"No! We have to uphold the prime directive! Only bust our guys out! Deliver the rebels to the lovely government!"

Next episode, lovely aliens are attacking anyone who enters their territory:
"Captain if we intentionally go in there we'll be violating a load of Starfleet regulations and might get blown up, we could just go around"
"Who cares! gently caress you! We're in the Delta quadrant!"

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

killing tuvix was s good start, but letting neelix live was unforgivable

I’m watching Voyager now because I never finished it during it’s original run, and the next episode is a Neelix one. I want to skip it, but...completionism.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I’m watching Voyager now because I never finished it during it’s original run, and the next episode is a Neelix one. I want to skip it, but...completionism.

Which one, out of curiosity?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
how the gently caress did i just watch star trek jonestown and they said "pah wraith" like 150 times and nobody replaced that with a word that didnt sound stupid a gently caress

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Which one, out of curiosity?

S5E5 - Once Upon a Time

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

S5E5 - Once Upon a Time

Watch it. Watch it now. You are in for a treat with that one :unsmigghh:.

Also if you've ever watched CSI (the original Las Vegas-set show), see if you can spot a guest appearance by a regular character from that show.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

jsoh posted:

how the gently caress did i just watch star trek jonestown and they said "pah wraith" like 150 times and nobody replaced that with a word that didnt sound stupid a gently caress

you could remake that episode as a remake of the 2001 Bill Paxton vehicle "Frailty." you don't actually have to that, just use your imagination

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

jsoh posted:

Hell even if they'd just realised it sounded stupid after the first time and had everyone just abbreviate it to 'wraith' it would've been much better.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MikeJF posted:

If they'd just realised it sounded stupid after the first time and had everyone just abbreviate it to 'wraith' 90% of the time it would've been much better.

i'm on to you brad wright

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

I would take a utilitarian approach towards choosing Tuvix. He definitely seemed to be greater than the sum of his parts.
One less mouth to feed.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

oh but seriously I posted:

you could remake that episode as a remake of the 2001 Bill Paxton vehicle "Frailty." you don't actually have to that, just use your imagination

The last five minutes of that film still makes me angry.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

The pah wraith worshippers didn't have their own name for them, like True Prophets or whatever?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Eighties ZomCom posted:

The pah wraith worshippers didn't have their own name for them, like True Prophets or whatever?

they did! in the first bit they talk about how they are the true prophets. they could have jsut called them the prophets all episode and it would have been way less cringey

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kosst Amojan? Or was that just the one.

Even the name pah-wraiths is a fuckup, they were meant to be pagh wraiths, because bajorans call your spirit the pagh, but someone screwed up transcribing it and the writers were like 'well whatever they're pah-wraiths now'.

Eighties ZomCom posted:

I remember back in my even nerdier high school days reading a DS9 book and it had another bunch of Prophet-aliens that the pah-wraiths came from that called themselves the True Prophets, and the pah-wraits were just like the second-tier bad guys that got kicked out of both heaven and hell.

(Anyway they lived in a second red wormhole that had closed off ages ago but you could reopen it if you gathered the red orbs and some rear end in a top hat does on DS9 and a wormhole opens in the middle of it and smashed the station to bits, and the evacuating defiant ends up accidentally slingshotting around the new wormhole as it opens and ends up 25 years in the future where the new Bajoran religion under the True Prophets is now a crazy superpower that's defeated the federation anyway long story short it turns out the bajoran creation mythos where the universe was created when the two wormholes separated is true and the fanatical True Prophet worshippers manage to force them back together by supernovaing the bajoran sun at the right moment and the wormholes merge and the universe collapses out of existence except for a couple of ships inside them at the time and then events ensue and they fix it with some time travel bullshit)

(it's been literally decades how do I remember all this poo poo)

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Nov 5, 2020

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

MikeJF posted:

someone screwed up [...] and the writers were like 'well whatever'

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

from MY point of the view, the PROPHETS are evil

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
The prophets are certainly coarse irritating and get everywhere.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

MikeJF posted:

Kosst Amojan? Or was that just the one.

Even the name pah-wraiths is a fuckup, they were meant to be pagh wraiths, because bajorans call your spirit the pagh, but someone screwed up transcribing it and the writers were like 'well whatever they're pah-wraiths now'.

I remember back in my even nerdier high school days reading a DS9 book and it had another bunch of Prophet-aliens that the pah-wraiths came from that called themselves the True Prophets, and the pah-wraits were just like the second-tier bad guys that got kicked out of both heaven and hell.

(Anyway they lived in a second red wormhole that had closed off ages ago but you could reopen it if you gathered the red orbs and some rear end in a top hat does on DS9 and a wormhole opens in the middle of it and smashed the station to bits, and the evacuating defiant ends up accidentally slingshotting around the new wormhole as it opens and ends up 25 years in the future where the new Bajoran religion under the True Prophets is now a crazy superpower that's defeated the federation anyway long story short it turns out the bajoran creation mythos where the universe was created when the two wormholes separated is true and the fanatical True Prophet worshippers manage to force them back together by supernovaing the bajoran sun at the right moment and the wormholes merge and the universe collapses out of existence except for a couple of ships inside them at the time and then events ensue and they fix it with some time travel bullshit)

(it's been literally decades how do I remember all this poo poo)

I still remember the plot of the ST:TNG novel Dark Mirror and I last read that when I was twelve.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
watched "prime factors" last night, where the voyager tries to steal advanced tech from pleasure planet

and i gotta say

it was really good! it was a solid episode pretty much start to finish with good conversations, a believable concept, and a good pace

harry, you should have hosed the girl and then worried about where you were and how

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

RaySmuckles posted:

harry, you should have hosed the girl and then worried about where you were and how

Harry will always blow it with the girl. Always.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
And the time he doesn’t, he immediately gets an STD

And then gets yelled at for getting an STD

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

RaySmuckles posted:

watched "prime factors" last night, where the voyager tries to steal advanced tech from pleasure planet

and i gotta say

it was really good! it was a solid episode pretty much start to finish with good conversations, a believable concept, and a good pace

Bad news: Sicaris was later assimilated by the Borg. That’s how cool and dark and mature Picard is.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

HD DAD posted:

And the time he doesn’t, he immediately gets an STD

And then gets yelled at for getting an STD

Speaking of STDs, I watched Star Trek: Discovery's season 3 premiere finally. It was 'aight. I'm not sure what any of this has to do with Star Trek anymore, but it's fun enough.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
As much as it ever did, but at least now they don't have to try to shoehorn it in around canon they do not give a gently caress about

e: Alex Kurtzman presents: Definitely not Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The distant future is where sci-fi shows go for time-out when they’re being fussy and refuse to make any sense in the time they’re in.

That’s a very bad tv show, go 900 years into the future and think about what you’ve done

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Lower Decks and ST: Pike are the last potential (official) bastions of Star Trek. The former because Kuntzman probably ignores it and the latter because it sort of sounds like they've heard the fans and possibly won't go for "grimdark & crying" like Disco and Picard.

If they both fail, there is still The Orville.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Note: They also said they've heard the fans and possibly won't go for "grimdark & crying" like Disco, when doing interviews up to the launch of Picard

They are perfectly aware of what people want and they're perfectly willing to lie about having made it to sell CBS All Access subs in the lead up to the launch of a show

Maybe the Pike show will be good, but I wouldn't take the producer's word for it.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 6, 2020

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

infernal machines posted:

Maybe the Pike show will be good, but I wouldn't take the producer's word for it.

By next year there will be more people with a Star Trek producing credit than Covid cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
i wouldn't count on pike being upbeat based on what happens to him in the end