Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1323671647832825857

Oh poo poo I was wrong. This is great!

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I've caught up to Moriarty the Patriot and while I can see other posters' issues with it, I still found it very enjoyable. Not a subtle show but there's just something so satisfying in watching rich men get their just desserts. We should normalise eating the rich in pop culture. And the visual side is pretty nice, too. All those moody, misty, bloody backgrounds are just perfect for November.

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

]Heres comes a wild chalen-gerlrllr~

I didn't like this show and comic too much, but I was oblivious the entire time as to why. It's mostly a girl's show apprently.

It's well done, just wasn't my thing. A very good action drama comic, anyhow.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Insert a Name Here posted:

I didn't like this show and comic too much, but I was oblivious the entire time as to why. It's mostly a girl's show apprently.

I don't agree with the idea that a show is strictly for a specific genre. There are a lot of female oriented shows (Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura) that I feel attracts a lot of the opposite genre.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

* I look at my Paradise Kiss DVDs*

OH NO. This was for girls! I made such a huge mistake!

*throws them in the trash and quickly places an order for The Irregular at Magic High School*

Whew. Crises averted.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Stuff for girls comes pre-coated in cooties, you can never be too careful.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I dunno man, I'm a guy and I watched the hell out of inuyasha as a kid.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Magatsu Wahrheit Zuerst keeps on being good but I wonder if the story has too many irons in the fire for it to manage to tie everything together in a satisfactory way. Though an abused insane psychopathic bastard son murdering prostitutes to frame his father is too much to be honest, worst part of the series so far.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

inuyasha ran in a loving shonen magazine

the entire reason takahashi is such a famous mangaka is because she wrote series that were hugely popular with girls *and* boys

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

What a shame. I was really hoping everyone would be more swole and shirtless this time around.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Dessel posted:

Magatsu Wahrheit Zuerst keeps on being good but I wonder if the story has too many irons in the fire for it to manage to tie everything together in a satisfactory way. Though an abused insane psychopathic bastard son murdering prostitutes to frame his father is too much to be honest, worst part of the series so far.

I think the framing part came later...

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
help I'm nonbinary what genres am I supposed to like

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
super robot

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Blockhouse posted:

help I'm nonbinary what genres am I supposed to like
Shin Megami Tensei.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wark Say posted:

Shin Megami Tensei.

Cant wait to get my rear end handed to me by Matador all over again in the remaster. :dance:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

They said NONbinary.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mordja posted:

I think the framing part came later...

Yeah, guy's just a serial killer who's smart enough to direct his hobby to his advantage. Man's got a serious addiction to violence.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Furnaceface posted:

Cant wait to get my rear end handed to me by Matador all over again in the remaster. :dance:

I have a sneaking suspicion they're going to ease off the ball-slap that is Matador.

Ironically enough, after hearing so much crap about Matador, I felt like a badass taking him down first try. Then I hit Hell Biker and he stone-walled me forever until I found out you can just skip him until later. :v:

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

The anti-netflix approach

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Beastars Season 2 trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXsURQxoGe8

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

So...uhhhhh...did we see any non-mammal, non-fowl characters in season 1?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

So...uhhhhh...did we see any non-mammal, non-fowl characters in season 1?

reptiles are a thing, but until this part of the story they were all in the background

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Oxxidation posted:

reptiles are a thing, but until this part of the story they were all in the background

Also, it feels weird that they aren't anthropomorphized. It's just a big talking snake. :stare:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

Also, it feels weird that they aren't anthropomorphized. It's just a big talking snake. :stare:

oh yeah, you have every other kind of reptile which is your usual two-legged critter (there's even an itty-bitty crocodile or something in the drama club, though they're never named) and then you have snakes, which are just...just snakes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, it'd be kinda hard to anthro a snake without, you know, it not really being a snake anymore.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

anthro snake aka lizard

and the latter exist and will be important later so yeah

e: I'm not owned

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1324231100764360705

new goro taniguchi anime next season, looks like mecha. written by the gurren lagann/kill la kill/promare/etc writer

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Tales of Woe posted:

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1324231100764360705

new goro taniguchi anime next season, looks like mecha. written by the gurren lagann/kill la kill/promare/etc writer

A mecha-suit that shoots arrows out of it's back like Astroboy shoots bullets out of his butt.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUB4VjlB4G8

There's gonna be a Cestvs anime but the monkey paw has decreed it to be CG

I'm having bad luck with anime adaptations of stuff I like :(

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Also based off this PV it might be based on the second manga instead of the first? Which will conveniently skip the weird portion where there was sex stuff but you miss out on a lot of fun drama

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drat that looks terrible lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Muv_Luv_A_anime/status/1324336160647401472

alternative for the muv luv alternative anime. 'full tv anime that adapts the whole game,' not an ova or select scenes or anything. Of course there'll probably be cuts, but you get what they mean. No staff list or anything yet, though.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Say, whatever happened to Megalobox season 2?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm assuming COVID.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

They lost all the keyframes because they were drawn too small.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

production was only announced like a year ago, so i'm not surprised to hear nothing

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I have a feeling that a lot of shows are about to be put on hiatus again for a few months. The cases are climbing in Japan again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Willo567 posted:

I have a feeling that a lot of shows are about to be put on hiatus again for a few months. The cases are climbing in Japan again

I feel like by now most studios should have figured out how to make anime remotely, or at least with proper safety measures, and that the delays in the spring season were mostly due to companies scrambling to switch to a new working style on short notice. The current season is as packed as any good season in the before times, and it's not like COVID ever went away in Japan.