Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

There's fungi and gourds and stuff that grow natively (including mushrooms at the bases of vaporators; Shmi Skywalker was picking them when she was kidnapped), but most of the planet is completely uninhabitable. The reason everything seems to take place in the same few areas that are all a speeder bike away is because that is Tatooine: every settlement is part of the same small area that isn't virtually unexplored, scorching desert. The new canon gives a population of only 200,000.
Dash Rendar and Kyle Katarn team up with Din Djarin is season 3 to attack Moff Gideon's Star Destroyer.
Thank you Obi Chitoryu12. So is there a natural resource export equivalent to "Spice"?

I might be the only person but I want HK47 to appear. I love the murderbot that "accidentally" keeps killing his owners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Have Triple-Zero activate an old HK unit and have them wreak havoc on the galaxy

Give us our droid rebellion they keep teasing

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

DogsInSpace! posted:

So is there a natural resource export equivalent to "Spice"?

Wizards

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Vinylshadow posted:

Have Triple-Zero activate an old HK unit and have them wreak havoc on the galaxy

Give us our droid rebellion they keep teasing

We joke but if any universe deserves a violent Droid revolution it is Star Wars. ProletariBots Unite!

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

DogsInSpace! posted:

Thank you Obi Chitoryu12. So is there a natural resource export equivalent to "Spice"?

The spice is on Kessel, wat r u casul?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DogsInSpace! posted:

New canon has the major imports as dilarium oil and silicax oxalate (their purpose is unstated but silicax oxalate is the purple crystals Cobb Vanth had in his flashback that he used to buy Fett's armor). Oh, and slaves.

But otherwise Tatooine is a pretty useless planet for anyone who's not hiding from something, usually the law. Both canons established that mining on Tatooine thousands of years ago was given up because the metals turned out to be useless when extracted; the Jawa sandcrawlers are leftover mining rigs that they turned into mobile homes.

unlimited shrimp posted:

I'm curious where this fits in to the new trilogy, or if they won't bother at all.

I think it would be kind of cheese if Baby Yoda ends up living some quiet life of obscurity if/when Mando fails to find His People, but if he ends up with "important" characters then it'll necessarily reframe the ST.

I would be surprised if it does. There's not really anything in the new films that require explanation that isn't already being put into books and whatnot. It also takes place at a time when all of the new major characters in the sequel trilogy are children or haven't even been born yet, so the only thing I could imagine is something like a cameo where Baby Yoda starts crying when he sees young Kylo Ren on Chandrilla or whatnot.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Dash Rendar would be a breath of fresh air. He's like the Space Dandy of Star Wars.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Mulva posted:

Also there's no "light" side of the Force. There's just the Force, and when you abuse the Force that's the dark side.

(old) EU canon thanks to new jedi order books: There's no light or dark side of the force it's just a reflection of who the wielder is on the inside.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Rey using Force lightning but not being a Sith (despite being related to an ultra powerful Sith Lord) makes me wish that more Jedi would use Force lightning. But I didn’t read a ton of EU books so I don’t know if they ever did or not.

Didn’t Luke have green lightning or something in the EU?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Spookydonut posted:

(old) EU canon thanks to new jedi order books: There's no light or dark side of the force it's just a reflection of who the wielder is on the inside.

They ended ip walking that back. At some point it was seen as a big controversy, so they basically had Luke break the 4th wall in a later book, someone asks him about basically exactly what you just said and he responds with something to the effect of "our understanding of the force was corrupted by someone who said she was enlighten but was actually totally a Sith all along" (Vergere)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Gonz posted:

Rey using Force lightning but not being a Sith (despite being related to an ultra powerful Sith Lord) makes me wish that more Jedi would use Force lightning. But I didn’t read a ton of EU books so I don’t know if they ever did or not.

I want more force parries, personally. I liked that bit during the death star wreckage duel where Rey and Ben trade force parries :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Thundercracker posted:

Dash Rendar would be a breath of fresh air. He's like the Space Dandy of Star Wars.

:emptyquote:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Gonz posted:

The Light Siders just call it something else: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Electric_Judgment

It's supposedly weaker than Sith Force Lightning so that makes it okay. :shepface:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The nature of the Force depends heavily on who's writing. At the most extreme other end (which I think is the one Lucas touts), the Dark Side is overtly corrupting. There's no way to be "gray" with it because giving in to negative emotions like anger, fear, hatred, greed, etc. when using the Force will rapidly become addictive until you go full Dark Jedi. It's supposed to go so far as to physically corrupt you, which is why so many Sith end up with gray skin and bad complexions.

Cracken's Field Guide, that I mentioned previously, even goes so far as to support discrimination against the disabled! It says that people with cybernetic modifications (even just prosthetic limbs) face discrimination from the rest of the galaxy due to fears stoked by droid rebellions....and then goes on to say that yes, cybernetics will actually weaken your grasp on the Force and make you much more likely to turn to the Dark Side if you use it.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Boba Fett spin-off limited series rumored to apparently be happening with filming soon:

https://deadline.com/2020/11/the-mandalorian-season-3-production-start-date-spinoff-casting-disney-plus-sophie-thatcher-1234609860/

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

You don't need to go into some big old inevitable cyclical destiny thing for the Sith to return and plague the galaxy again. The Jedi and Sith have by the modern day spent 25000 years exchanging repeated genocides, and terminal paranoids for both sides have had access to the entire galaxy. Obviously there are apocalypse caches with holocrons/bound ghosts/manuals/whatever and lightsaber parts under weird Force contingency antidetection not-spells in random backwaters just waiting to lure some schmuck into stumbling across them to restart whichever side failed last.

Sure, you can wipe out an order and feel good about it, but two centuries later the relevant colored lightsabers are going to come streaming out of Sub-Sector Asscrackio and demolish the complacent victors. Rinse and repeat.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

jivjov posted:

They ended ip walking that back. At some point it was seen as a big controversy, so they basically had Luke break the 4th wall in a later book, someone asks him about basically exactly what you just said and he responds with something to the effect of "our understanding of the force was corrupted by someone who said she was enlighten but was actually totally a Sith all along" (Vergere)

The only good things about the njo books was the wraith cameos

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gently caress yes more Temuera Morrison

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I wonder if Boba is gonna get a redemption arc or something for his story beat.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

I don't understand why everyone keeps calling Cut Lawquane "Boba".

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Baby Yoda eat the eggs

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alright episode, baby yoda a sneaky bitch.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That was kind of a nothing episode just to get an excuse for another Filoni cameo and recycle the old McQuarrie Dagobah spider design.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Greef Karga was right to be concerned Baby Yoda would eat him, Jesus.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Well that was a lot of fun! As soon as I saw the spiders I was like "Oh those things." and then the big one hit and I was like OH poo poo. Two for two on cool big rear end monsters, season 2!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This is the turning point for Baby Yoda. He’s gonna break bad now.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Hazo posted:

The Razor Crest actually appears at the Battle of Exogol.

I know it’s just a one shot cameo sort of thing but I still hate it so much.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
I'm not quite sure what to think of the wee lil' Yodlet eating several of the frog lady's unfertilized eggs and it just being played for laughs. That seems kind of awkward, y'know?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He’s a kid doing lovely kid things.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
The Baby Yoda subplot in this makes it the greatest episode of television ever. I'm only 15 minutes in and came here to post that.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

CelticPredator posted:

He’s a kid doing lovely kid things.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
I GOT BETTER OH MY GOD

I'm making very unmanly noises, this is a great baby yoda episode.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

What was the complete list of stuff the rebels gave at the end? It all sounds familiar, but I've forgotten basically every supporting character's name :lol:

Also, I felt pretty sure that the egg tank was gonna break or get lost or something, and baby Yoda would spit up all the eggs he ate as a way to preserve the frog's lineage. Seems like kind of a dick move to just straight up eat her children with no repercussions :stare:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It was a dick move.
I’m gonna defend baby yoda. Boy hungry. Boy gotta eat.

I have spoken.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

Boy hungry. Boy gotta eat.

This is the way.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
I'm not great at memes but this is all i could think of when he was staring at the eggs

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Dagobah spiders were great. Action design was also great. But uhh, not sure how I feel about Baby Yoda eating the last eggs of an endangered species as the through line for comedy this episode. Weird choice tbh.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I want eggs to continue to be a powerful throughline of The Mandalorian

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

404notfound posted:

What was the complete list of stuff the rebels gave at the end? It all sounds familiar, but I've forgotten basically every supporting character's name :lol:

It’s from the prison break episode last year. Mando helps some scumbags break a dude out but they kill a New Republic Officer despite his protests and then double cross him, so he turns around and stuffs them all into a cell and radios DAVE FILONI, X-WING PILOT the location of their boss’s hideout.

Basically, they turned a blind eye in this one because he kinda helped them out before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
At least they’re off Tatooine now so I don’t have to see the curly haired lady ham up every scene she’s in for a while.