Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Trump's press conference after Republicans lost the House

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjIBYVn9Tms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

The AP just called Michigan for blue. Trump has to flip Nevada to win, now. I am bracing myself for a torrent of tweets and whining from the sloppy wet presidential boy. At least until Michigan mysteriously finds 30,000 additional votes with Tmpru’s name on them during a recount.

I know this isn’t something I just remembered, but this thread is way less awful than any of the general politics threads or election threads.

How the gently caress does Joe Biden get Michigan after palling around with Rick Snyder and the Obama drinking water bit.

This reality makes no sense.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MonsieurChoc posted:

How the gently caress does Joe Biden get Michigan after palling around with Rick Snyder and the Obama drinking water bit.

Rick Snyder won two terms as Michigan governor. They like republicans, that’s why they like Joe.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's not everyone whose water is poisoned, mostly just a certain population of mostly poor and/or Black people

I suppose those who aren't directly affected are psychotically apathetic to that injustice, more often than not. It's the American way

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Chris Kyle taking a veteran with PTSD and schizophrenia to a loving gun range and getting shot for it

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MonsieurChoc posted:

reverse coattails effect

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Prurient Squid posted:

I just realised it's almost literally "Ignorance is Strength".

It's sad that 1984 is only remembered from the constant surveillance. It is such a great description of authoriatarian propaganda and what kind of person falls for that.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Low Desert Punk posted:

Chris Kyle taking a veteran with PTSD and schizophrenia to a loving gun range and getting shot for it

Also that he messaged his friend and was like "lol this dude seems super unhinged oh well"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Low Desert Punk posted:

that last part was the only good thing he ever did

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Low Desert Punk posted:

lol

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
taking the guy to a gun range was somehow supposed to be therapy for ptsd, because like always kyle was feigning expertise on something he knew nothing about. it sucks that the guy with ptsd got convicted for murder, though.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

taking the guy to a gun range was somehow supposed to be therapy for ptsd, because like always kyle was feigning expertise on something he knew nothing about. it sucks that the guy with ptsd got convicted for murder, though.

free my man

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

yeah he got life without parole. pretty hosed up.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
John McCain set an aircraft carrier on fire

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

gradenko_2000 posted:

John McCain set an aircraft carrier on fire

Honestly that wasn't even the part of that day that makes him look bad:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/john-mccain-make-believe-maverick-202004/ posted:

McCain took no part in dousing the flames himself. After going belowdecks and briefly helping sailors who were frantically trying to unload bombs from an elevator to the flight deck, McCain retreated to the safety of the “ready room,” where off-duty pilots spent their noncombat hours talking trash and playing poker. There, McCain watched the conflagration unfold on the room’s closed-circuit television — bearing distant witness to the valiant self-sacrifice of others who died trying to save the ship, pushing jets into the sea to keep their bombs from exploding on deck.

As the ship burned, McCain took a moment to mourn his misfortune; his combat career appeared to be going up in smoke. “This distressed me considerably,” he recalls in Faith of My Fathers. “I feared my ambitions were among the casualties in the calamity that had claimed the Forrestal.”

The fire blazed late into the night. The following morning, while oxygen-masked rescue workers toiled to recover bodies from the lower decks, McCain was making fast friends with R.W. “Johnny” Apple of The New York Times, who had arrived by helicopter to cover the deadliest Naval calamity since the Second World War. The son of admiralty surviving a near-death experience certainly made for good copy, and McCain colorfully recounted how he had saved his skin. But when Apple and other reporters left the ship, the story took an even stranger turn: McCain left with them. As the heroic crew of the Forrestal mourned its fallen brothers and the broken ship limped toward the Philippines for repairs, McCain zipped off to Saigon for what he recalls as “some welcome R&R.”

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I've been looking into the history of US elections a bit lately and it seems that every time an election is held on Nov 3 you elect a steaming pile of poo poo to run the country. Have you considered moving the date to another day in the hopes of breaking this trend?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

lmao i had no idea about that mccain story and he just included it in his book like it was something worth sharing and not cowardice of the highest order? lol

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Inceltown posted:

I've been looking into the history of US elections a bit lately and it seems that every time an election is held on Nov 3 you elect a steaming pile of poo poo to run the country. Have you considered moving the date to another day in the hopes of breaking this trend?

Yeah we do every year but we elect nothing but steaming piles of poo poo on those days too. I think that it is just the country

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Inceltown posted:

it is in the constitution. there are a bunch of things in the constitution id change before the election day, but it is something id do given the authority. id make it a paid holiday on July 3rd or some poo poo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Eat This Glob posted:

it is in the constitution. there are a bunch of things in the constitution id change before the election day, but it is something id do given the authority. id make it a paid holiday on July 3rd or some poo poo

the date doesnt matter if the options are dogshit and catshit, and you dont get to meet the animals in person

paid holiday would be nice tho

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

lmao i had no idea about that mccain story and he just included it in his book like it was something worth sharing and not cowardice of the highest order? lol

mccain would randomly take a plane and fly off on extended vacations all the time. the navy was his playground and he wasn't accountable to anyone or anything except gravity.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

mccain would randomly take a plane and fly off on extended vacations all the time. the navy was his playground and he wasn't accountable to anyone or anything except gravity.

shame he was a piece of poo poo because that's basically the hero we all need. grab a government plane and gently caress off with it for an indeterminate amount of time? sweet.

using that plane to bomb poor communists? gently caress off

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Libs saying that Bernie having a kid at the age of 27 or something was a shamefully young age to have kids

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Donald Trump definitely wears diapers and there are several photographs that make it pretty obvious and if you have any handy and want to post those grotesque pictures in here I would actually really appreciate it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Libs saying that Bernie having a kid at the age of 27 or something was a shamefully young age to have kids

For comparison, the median paternal age was 29.1 years the U.S. in 1970.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Honestly if I'd set an aircraft carrier on fire I'd probably take a vacation too. You've put in the hard work.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Tulip posted:

Honestly that wasn't even the part of that day that makes him look bad:

holy poo poo how many navy personnel did he kill?

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

not sure I believe that one

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dreylad posted:

holy poo poo how many navy personnel did he kill?

He didn’t start the Forrestal fire.

He just claimed glory for being near it and doing nothing to stop it.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Platystemon posted:

He didn’t start the Forrestal fire.

He just claimed glory for being near it and doing nothing to stop it.

we live in a post-facts society and the missile misfire came "from nearby" or whatever so at a minimum i choose to believe that he thought he was responsible and definitely exerted influence to exonerate himself at any rate

he at least should've felt guilty about it, poo poo

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Maybe the missile was fired by a time‐travelling assassin in a failed attempt to stop John McCain’s rise to power.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
He did lay 'er down on like 4 separate occasions, though. Not history's greatest pilot.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

which libs

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Volcott posted:

He did lay 'er down on like 4 separate occasions, though. Not history's greatest pilot.

he killed 5 planes

technically he's a vietnamese flying ace

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Trump

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Trump will be expected to hand write a letter to Joe

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

El_Elegante posted:

Leave that letter in a desk drawer for all future presidents to laugh at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

El_Elegante posted:

honestly dont see this happening