Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Tiggum posted:

I appreciate that you put the lyrics underneath. Are the lyrics for the previous intro songs written out anywhere? I remember looking for them and not finding them.

I literally just did that after posting! They are probably somewhere but I'm in the process of getting all of them onto YT, and will have the lyrics in the descriptions. I'm hoping to get a few knocked out this weekend, so just watch the YT channel. I'll make a playlist to group them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

EC posted:

I literally just did that after posting! They are probably somewhere but I'm in the process of getting all of them onto YT, and will have the lyrics in the descriptions. I'm hoping to get a few knocked out this weekend, so just watch the YT channel. I'll make a playlist to group them all.

Cool. Thanks. :)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I want more of HunterCorp Sam and Dean. They were fun.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Sigh I don’t really like this Leviathan story arc so much.

but the guy that plays Dick is great.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Supernatural will be back on October 8, and here is a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5AzUa5zABI

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

It's the last one of these ;_;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yex3jbuf8Mo

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I hope for the final Carry On My Wayward Son they play the entire song and do a giant montage of the entire 15 years.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I'm rewatching the first half of this season since I can barely remember what even happened and man, the decision to have their big ghost showdown in eps 1-3 in broad daylight is just as stupid now as it was when I watched it the first time.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Well Mrs. Butters is just delightful.

Edit:

A bunch of the cast is doing a watch party thing on Youtube right now and Jensen Ackles is sitting in the back of his Impala watching it and I am insanely jealous

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 9, 2020

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
I've got to say I enjoyed the new episode. The monster radar was pretty cool.

I hope they get the telescope working. An interdimensional geoscope could be interesting

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Don't think there would be much use for it since when it was working with Mrs butters there there was nothing Dean could see. Chuck destroying universes and stuff. I guess they could repurpose it or something.

Edit: I hope Mrs Butters is in 1 more episode, the actress was great.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
She was excellent. I didn't always think much of the episode -- they could have laid off the smoothie thing, and Jack's tipping point was unconvincing -- but I thought she added a lot to a character the script was already doing an above average job with. Probably one the strongest guest stars the show's had.

April
Jul 3, 2006

Anyone else loving the Ghostbusters shout-out?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Personally I just love that Sam ended up keeping the Thor hammer.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

April posted:

Anyone else loving the Ghostbusters shout-out?

I myself thought the Dark Shadows bit was excellent--a nice reference to a show that is the forerunner to Supernatural in a lot of ways-hunting monsters, lore, charmed objects, vampires, witches, werewolves, human Leviathans, parallel universes, time travel. The scene they chose was well selected too-a pivotal part of an important storyline where Barnabas is becoming a monster in front of his friend Ben, who wants to redeem/help him. Ties in nicely to the status of Jack/Mrs. Butters being former monsters wondering if they can stay good.

It's a good way too for drumming up interest in the DS revival the CW is (supposed to be) doing.

The only miss was them not mentioning on screen they were Henry Winchester's grandsons, and her telling them about him.

Astroman fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Oct 12, 2020

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

https://twitter.com/jarpad/status/1316789348671643649

lmao that he got the portrait from The French Mistake

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

So uhhh what the hell was going on in that episode? The daughter is mad at her dad because her mom died so she takes it out on the church parishioners? Except the mom died from some kind of illness...?? And we're supposed to believe this teenager is some kind of electronics/engineering wiz to pull off all these murders I guess lmao.

Also how did the crossroads demon just walk right by Cas and be Jack and they didn't even recognize him???

Not great

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Sirotan posted:

The daughter is mad at her dad because her mom died so she takes it out on the church parishioners?
Pretty sure the mother was some kind of fundamentalist Christian and when she died the father turned their church into this "everyone's welcome" "all faiths are valid" kind of thing and the daughter basically thought that was heresy.

Sirotan posted:

And we're supposed to believe this teenager is some kind of electronics/engineering wiz to pull off all these murders I guess lmao.
Maybe. Or maybe the reason the demon came to pick her up at the end was because she had demonic assistance all along? Either way. :shrug:

Sirotan posted:

Also how did the crossroads demon just walk right by Cas and be Jack and they didn't even recognize him???
They're idiots.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
When you hear hoof beats you think horses and not zebras. They had a human killer, with human motives, no reason to look around for a demon.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
I was kinda stoaked that they did a Baba Yaga story at first. But it fell flat to me. It seemed to easy.

Though I think lady in this episode will be Dean's final girlfriend. I don't think it's a coincidence she looks like Mary.

I'm curious why they are bringing in Adam now, and why he has yellow eyes

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I was thinking it would have been nice to see Dean connect with her. Hell, with anybody. Hopefully he'll get to have some kind of happy ending where he's not hunting and alone the rest of his life. They seemed to have some chemistry, was hoping for something more than a hug and words of plot advancement encouragement from her goodbye.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Anybody have thoughts about how it's all going to end. My guess is somehow Amira(Sp?) will supercharge Jack and he will become the new God.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's 3? episodes left and holy poo poo I have no idea where they are going with this.

I did love that free will is the main thing that keeps loving up Chuck's plans while Dean sits and bitches about not having it. :allears:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I can't even guess how they're going to tie things up. I feel like everyone but Sam and Dean are going to end up dead, but then I also think they'll leave things such that they could revisit things in a miniseries or movie format in the future?? Or maybe I just hope they revisit it in the future :ohdear:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Was a bit disappointed that Dean didn't even mention Cain. Though I guess maybe "Oh hai I killed your son" might have been a bit awkward even for Chill Adam.

I just want to see some returns of favorites in the final episodes. Not Meg was cool, but I want more. Crowley, or Lucifer, John and Mary for one last fight as a family. Maybe even it turns out the only one who can stop Billie is OG Death.

Or the ultimate return cameo: Ghostfacers!

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
Chuck and Amara should merge and become one of the other concepts of God. One of the uncaring ones instead of actively malevolent.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I guess I knew that was coming but I ugly cried anyway. :cry:

Edit: gently caress it gonna just spoiler the whole post

Other thoughts:

-So who comes back as the new death now? Kinda hope they get old death back, he was awesome

-Bloody handprint on Dean's shoulder was a pretty cool callback

-Half expected Jack to disappear at the end there too

-I guess Chuck creating Hell on Earth and killing literally everyone but Sam and Dean works out real well while you're filming during a pandemic

-They're gonna bring Cas back for the finale, right? :ohdear:

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 6, 2020

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I absolutely never cared about this show, but as a woman on the internet, it has dogged me since... god, highschool? Anyway, props to you all for sticking with it!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's probably because the internet ruined me, but all I could think about during the speech Cas gave was "Holy gently caress the destiel shippers are gonna go loving bonkers..."

God...drat this was one hell of an episode. I... gently caress man, I have no idea where the show is going for the final episodes. The preview didn't really clear anything up either, so the final 2 episodes are gonna be batshit.

Cannot loving wait. God this is gonna hurt so bad when it ends.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
oh my god was that a good billie episode? that hasnt happened since cass offed her

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

It's probably because the internet ruined me, but all I could think about during the speech Cas gave was "Holy gently caress the destiel shippers are gonna go loving bonkers..."

Not having them kiss at that moment was incredibly disappointing. Why even hold back at this point? The show's already over and done; just do it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg2IXL3EUqc

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I am totally aware of Destiel shippers but I guess I didn't really see it as a confession of romantic love. I think the thing he wanted but knew he could never have was family-even at the end there Dean is saying they should have stayed with Sam and Jack. Seems like no matter what is going on, some member of the group is in peril/hosed off somewhere/etc and they're never all actually together. Same thing happened with Sam and Dean through most of the series, they only got both their dad and mom back for a single day thanks to magic. But I'm fine if people want to interpret it the other way too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

definitely should have been Jack instead of Cas tho

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Sirotan posted:

I am totally aware of Destiel shippers but I guess I didn't really see it as a confession of romantic love. I think the thing he wanted but knew he could never have was family-even at the end there Dean is saying they should have stayed with Sam and Jack. Seems like no matter what is going on, some member of the group is in peril/hosed off somewhere/etc and they're never all actually together. Same thing happened with Sam and Dean through most of the series, they only got both their dad and mom back for a single day thanks to magic. But I'm fine if people want to interpret it the other way too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The fact that it's so easy to interpret that way is one of the major problems with leaving it like that. It's an absolutely perfect example of queerbaiting, which is something the show has been criticised for for years.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Tiggum posted:

The fact that it's so easy to interpret that way is one of the major problems with leaving it like that. It's an absolutely perfect example of queerbaiting, which is something the show has been criticised for for years.

I'm not sure they're guilty of it, at least not for the Dean/Cass relationship. Dean is the most hetero dude on the whole show, and I don't really think there has ever been a moment of sexual ambiguity between them in canon. I know a large and very vocal group of fans want there to be, but I don't really agree that there is or that this is queerbaiting.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Supernatural is overly dramatic to a degree you hardly see outside of soap operas so it's almost impossible to tell.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Never really thought it was, honestly. Cas, as a character, is utterly indifferent to sexuality (hell, as an angel he can't even taste food like humans do, but even during his human phase, he was still hetero), and Dean is completely hetero (except maybe holding onto to cas's jacket in the leviathan season, even Jensen called that move kinda gay). Any sort of "will they/won't they" has been completely just in the fans minds.

Hell, being upset about that is like the wincest people getting pissed the brothers never hooked up.

The show and writers are not really responsible for people who decide something is there, when it's not.

I did really like the speech though, and Collins sold it so very well. Loved the callback with the handprint too.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p4BZz0BIK0

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Never really thought it was, honestly. Cas, as a character, is utterly indifferent to sexuality (hell, as an angel he can't even taste food like humans do, but even during his human phase, he was still hetero), and Dean is completely hetero (except maybe holding onto to cas's jacket in the leviathan season, even Jensen called that move kinda gay). Any sort of "will they/won't they" has been completely just in the fans minds.

Hell, being upset about that is like the wincest people getting pissed the brothers never hooked up.

The show and writers are not really responsible for people who decide something is there, when it's not.

I did really like the speech though, and Collins sold it so very well. Loved the callback with the handprint too.

It's almost a criticism of society that so many people can't accept a strong intense love between men that is completely non-sexual. Not even between brothers, for the Wincest folks.

Supernatural is a love story, but it's not a romantic love story. Romantic love isn't the only kind of love. The love of family can be real and strong. The love of family of choice can be real and strong.

Not getting the kind of love story you were hoping for isn't queerbaiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I mean, Dean made references to gay bars before that are blink and you'll miss it to the audience that's not already primed to them, at least some writers on the show are absolutely queerbaiting to keep that segment of the fanbase watching.