Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends

manwithoutskin posted:

I am currently on hold with Apple because they claim I did the finance program and not the apple upgrade program. My invoice says apple upgrade program on it :allears: has anyone ever had this problem and did you successfully get it resolved?

//edit

welp I was on hold/transferred around for 46 minutes and the best they could do was submit a ticket for me. I have a max turn around time of 6 days now... keep you posted thread.

I still haven't heard back re: this issue. I placed a pre order for the 12 max. If they call and tell me they can't do anything I can now tell them I'm cancelling my pre-order. Maybe it will help them resolve it? Really sticking it to Apple by giving them more money :spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ordered a black 12 mini. went with 256gb for the first time to store a bunch of games and anime. now to decide between the green silicone and black leather cases. i had a black leather case on my old 7 plus and it was really nice, but i like the dark green color more. anyone got a silicone case on their regular 12 and would recommend it?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Got the 12 pro max 256 in blue. Now what case should I get?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

god this blows posted:

I’m amazed that neither the Mini or Pro Max are not sold out yet.

I woke up an hour late, but still got in for delivery by next Friday! I did the pre-checkout thing, though.

Also kudos to Apple for raising the price of their new (smaller) leather case by Ten Dollars because they put a magnet in it.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

How is that leather slip case $129 lol

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

AdmiralViscen posted:

How is that leather slip case $129 lol
Someone at Apple is getting a bonus this year, save money by not giving away chargers and make more money with an even higher apple tax on cases.

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

enojy posted:

I woke up an hour late, but still got in for delivery by next Friday! I did the pre-checkout thing, though.

Also kudos to Apple for raising the price of their new (smaller) leather case by Ten Dollars because they put a magnet in it.

I got the Blue and my better half got the Gold Pro.... now to determine cases.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

Are you talking about iTunes Match? I did it with my iTunes library years ago and it definitely helps if you’re replacing lovely pirated tracks with audible issues with clean official iTunes versions.

Music I purchased outside of iTunes (such as through Bandcamp and Google Play Music before the latter got shut down).

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
For the past week my voicemails have been taking over a day to be delivered. I'll see a missed call and then the next day finally got a notification that there is a message. I feel like I've had this issue before and can't remember what the fix is. Reset network settings? I feel like that may be it but before I nuke all my wifi passwords I figured I'd ask here first.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

For the past week my voicemails have been taking over a day to be delivered. I'll see a missed call and then the next day finally got a notification that there is a message. I feel like I've had this issue before and can't remember what the fix is. Reset network settings? I feel like that may be it but before I nuke all my wifi passwords I figured I'd ask here first.

Oh hey. I’m having the exact same issue.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Music I purchased outside of iTunes (such as through Bandcamp and Google Play Music before the latter got shut down).

I don’t know about mp3s purchased elsewhere, but matching my library to Apple Music hosed up a bunch of my metadata. Could be stuff that wasn’t in the database when I converted it though.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

glassyalabolas posted:

Also, is anyone's Google Authenticator FUBAR with 14.2? I'm getting instant crashes when I try to launch it.

Well I'm updating right now so I guess we'll see :)

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

glassyalabolas posted:

Also, is anyone's Google Authenticator FUBAR with 14.2? I'm getting instant crashes when I try to launch it.

Just tried and it's fine on my 11 with 14.2

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Just updated on my 11 and Google Authenticator is working just fine

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

im on the net me boys posted:

Just updated on my 11 and Google Authenticator is working just fine

loving hell. something is happening with my Xs then.

:e: fixed! Offloaded the app then reinstalled it.

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 6, 2020

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
Snagged a 256gb 12 Pro Max in graphite. Am really hoping I don't find that it's too big!

Also, I wonder if anyone will make a MagSafe keyboard case for the Pro Max? It'd be kind of neat to have a little keyboard the same size as the phone, but maybe that's a super-niche thing that no one else is interested in...

frogbs fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 6, 2020

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The Dave posted:

If the awful app ever had a memory leak there’s no way pokeyman let it exist for more than a couple days.

For those that don’t use it because it’s missing features x, y, or z I highly recommend going into the thread to talk about it / request it so it can be tracked for a future release.

Also it's insane the app works as well as it does when you realize that there's no forum API and it's just doing everything it does on site scraping alone. Really impressive work.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I exclusively interact with the forums via Awful.app because it is a better experience (in my opinion) than the forums on a browser.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

The app works great on iOS! The layout is like, different than the Android one but it’s just as good

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

PYF new emoji 🤶🫕🫔🏳️‍⚧️

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Pre-ordered the big phone. Suck it small-phone nerds. :smug:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Loucks posted:

If not cargo pants then maybe fanny packs are coming back?

I’ve been using the awful app for years, but it is missing a lot of forums functionality. The only reason I was using it was my phone’s low resolution. Much happier now. That’s not to say it isn’t a great app, but I want to do things that it doesn’t support..

Fannypacks already came back and look to be going away again during 2020.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

PYF new emoji 🤶🫕🫔🏳️‍⚧️

🤌🏼

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I hear that Apple now uses some sort of machine to install screen protectors?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

obi_ant posted:

I hear that Apple now uses some sort of machine to install screen protectors?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgqtSNkiSD0

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
just get a screen protector with a lil alignment tray. its ezpz

also California Poppy Leather Case for Iphone edition 12 Professional is extremely good and getting me numbers left and right

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

also California Poppy Leather Case for Iphone edition 12 Professional is extremely good and getting me numbers left and right

guys or guys?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

PYF new emoji 🤶🫕🫔🏳️‍⚧️

🤌🏻

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I live in a perpetual storm of fire and ash. I need someone to do this simple task for me.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Song info stopped displaying on my car stereo screen with the iPhone 12. It worked fine forever with the iPhone 8. Is there generally anything that can be done about this or is it just "phone too new for car?"

Googling around just found people saying "reboot the phone" "re-pair the phone" which, naturally, did nothing

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

glassyalabolas posted:

guys or guys?

guys, guys, and more guys

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

What if it was the GuyPhone and it was just for the fellas

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
only losers use screen protectors

Weedle
May 31, 2006

What if it was the GuyPhone and it was just for the fellas

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

only losers use screen protectors

agreed until cheap glass ones came along, figure it can't hurt.... can it? .... guys?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
What are the pinched fingers called?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
just that https://emojipedia.org/apple/ios-14.2/pinched-fingers/

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Any good iPhone 12 Max Pro cases out there being reviewed yet? If not I'll probably go with the standard leather one from Apple, though the expected ship date is quickly climbing.