Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I'm awaiting the Nargacuga/Rathalos from BBTS still, I was worrying that they would be pushed to 2021, but hopefully they release from them soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

omnibobb posted:

My figs are on top of my comic book cabinet, so every time I pull out or put back a box, everything fell over.

I've been slowly buying these off of Amazon for all the figs. Keeps them all up, organized, and I can put them in more dynamic poses

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YWYTS72/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Are these big enough / sturdy enough for a Marvel Legend?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Fuzz posted:

For me, I was a huge LEC nerd and would get copies of their The Adventurer magazine in several games and in the mail, and they always featured Sam and Max comics (it's actually where they kinda hit it big and became a thing). To this day they're my favorite comic book characters.

This is a pretty cool recentish interview with him:

https://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/steve-purcell-sam-and-max/

That’s great!

And yeah of course we only knew about Sam and Max from the Lucasarts material, it’s not as if I was super wired into the indie comics underground in junior high, but in the end I got into the comics more than the game. They’re very good comics.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nerd Of Prey posted:

That’s great!

And yeah of course we only knew about Sam and Max from the Lucasarts material, it’s not as if I was super wired into the indie comics underground in junior high, but in the end I got into the comics more than the game. They’re very good comics.

That's the thing though, the comics came out AFTER the LEC Adventurer stuff. It's one of those odd things. He talks about it in that interview.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Thanks for that interview link. I had no idea he worked on Ed Grimley which I loved (I must sayyyyyy.)

A high school friend is friends with Andrew at BossFight, but this connection has not resulted in me receiving my Sam and Maxes any sooner. I remember Fuzz and I both being up to preorder them the minute they went online on BossFight's website, but I later cancelled and resubmitted my order to combine it with another friend's to save on shipping, so I should have 3 Sams and 2 Maxes arriving at some point.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

davebo posted:

Thanks for that interview link. I had no idea he worked on Ed Grimley which I loved (I must sayyyyyy.)

A high school friend is friends with Andrew at BossFight, but this connection has not resulted in me receiving my Sam and Maxes any sooner. I remember Fuzz and I both being up to preorder them the minute they went online on BossFight's website, but I later cancelled and resubmitted my order to combine it with another friend's to save on shipping, so I should have 3 Sams and 2 Maxes arriving at some point.
Can you have him provide an update on Bucky O'hare? I desperately don't want that line to die.

(Kidding, but not really...)

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Fuzz posted:

That's the thing though, the comics came out AFTER the LEC Adventurer stuff. It's one of those odd things. He talks about it in that interview.

I don’t think that’s right, he referred to the original game as an adaptation of his past comics and talked about people at the company being familiar with the comics... he did a bunch of new ones while he was there, though.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Fuzz posted:

I rarely post hauls, but today was cray:

I completely forgot about the Sam & Max figures and almost had a coronary thinking they were probably sold out but I was able to get an order in for the pair thank God. These look so good. The boxes look amazing as well

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Yeah I’d legit forgotten about them but I got the shipment notification for them today. I just checked and I paid for them back in June 2019 :psyduck:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sanschel posted:

Yeah I’d legit forgotten about them but I got the shipment notification for them today. I just checked and I paid for them back in June 2019 :psyduck:

Ah, the "Before Times"

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Can you have him provide an update on Bucky O'hare? I desperately don't want that line to die.

Same here dude. I’ve got every figure so far and I love it, but it feels like I’m the only one. I want them to eventually make vehicles too.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Oh hey, they're doing a figuarts of the villain from Kamen Rider Heisei Generations: Dr. Pac-Man vs. Ex-Aid & Ghost with Legend Riders

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Other announcements of note

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

nemesis_hub posted:

Same here dude. I’ve got every figure so far and I love it, but it feels like I’m the only one. I want them to eventually make vehicles too.

There's a dozen of us, surely!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I bought Figuarts Kaioken Goku the other day. So now I have normal, Kaioken and SSJ1.... guess I’m a SHF Goku collector now

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I bought Figuarts Kaioken Goku the other day. So now I have normal, Kaioken and SSJ1.... guess I’m a SHF Goku collector now

one of us!! one of us!!

forums aren't letting me put pics in my post for some reason but Toyark's got the scoop from the Tamashii Nation event: https://news.toyark.com/2020/11/05/tamashii-nation-2020-virtual-event-dragon-ball-z-reveals-409071#images

SSJ2 Goku revealed finally. Not sure yet how I feel about it, his hairline seems kinda nuts but I'd like to see more angles/faces. The new SSJ1 hair sculpt is kinda neat but the face looks like dogshit, I hope they don't roll that out. I do like that they showed some prototypes for variants on existing figures (Yamcha, Tien, poseable Chiaotzu and base Vegeta) to recreate the splash image from the end of the cell saga Head Cha La OP and I also hope that means we get a Krillin re-release. Hit will be a nice addition for my Super cabinet as well.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
They need to release a Kuririn without the blue shirt and with the kung-fu slippers rather than boots. That's what he wears in the saiyan saga/Namek saga and in Super.

Keep in mind that Bandai loves to show off prototype figures at these events that may never see the light of day again. It's happened countless times with Dragon Ball figures. Until they officially solicit something, I just take them as pretty display pieces.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Good call on Krillin I would prefer that outfit as well. And yeah I'm not expecting an official release on the others but they are neat to look at. SSJ2 at the very least is probably a safe bet. I was kinda hoping for the official release to have the ripped shirt look from right before he fights Vegeta but I had no expectation that they wouldn't just cheaply reuse the same mold.

I'm most excited for Piccolo 2.0. He's my favorite character, the 1.0 launched the line and was the first I bought. And it looks great.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Are these big enough / sturdy enough for a Marvel Legend?

Yep. No problem

https://imgur.com/gallery/L1DRrm6

You do need a little screwdriver to assemble.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Good call on Krillin I would prefer that outfit as well. And yeah I'm not expecting an official release on the others but they are neat to look at. SSJ2 at the very least is probably a safe bet. I was kinda hoping for the official release to have the ripped shirt look from right before he fights Vegeta but I had no expectation that they wouldn't just cheaply reuse the same mold.

I'm most excited for Piccolo 2.0. He's my favorite character, the 1.0 launched the line and was the first I bought. And it looks great.

Yep! And right around the corner. Nov. 14 for Japan. Probably December for US.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

omnibobb posted:

Yep. No problem

https://imgur.com/gallery/L1DRrm6

You do need a little screwdriver to assemble.

Nice, thanks!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I just got into the Dragonball standard rise stuff, think this is going to replace my Star Wars LEGO problem.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I started assembling detolfs today. This is gonna take forever. And I have to put pads on them this time to keep from scratching my brand new floor.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Zero One was not a good show but the suits were very cool

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I need more dang cobra

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

CelticPredator posted:

I need more dang cobra

I really love the royal color scheme for cobra commander but I'm not sure if that's released yet.

Also I know you posted it earlier but which miles figure is that? Trying to decide which one to get and was looking at mafex.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s the 3rd party 1/6 Young Rich miles. Pretty good. Nice hold over until the HT figure comes out.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I just realised I haven’t heard anything from AmiAmi about Mafex Miles aside from the early October release being pushed back a week.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

I just realised I haven’t heard anything from AmiAmi about Mafex Miles aside from the early October release being pushed back a week.

Pushed back to December last I heard, pretty much every Mafex has been pushed back weeks or months it sounds like.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Nov 7, 2020

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I got ML venomized Captain America, he’s cool. I’ve got the Maximum Venom wave shipping in from Pulse, I’d totally buy figures of other venomized characters.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

I really love the royal color scheme for cobra commander but I'm not sure if that's released yet.

The light blue and gold CoCo? That's the one I preordered, and Pulse says it should ship in mid-December.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He’s a beaut. I can’t wait until life stops being weird and I can take pics of it lol.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is going to take forever

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Well yeah, cats don’t have thumbs and I doubt they could lift the glass panes.

You really should hire better help. :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sanschel posted:

Pushed back to December last I heard, pretty much every Mafex has been pushed back weeks or months it sounds like.

AmiAmi still has him as October, so he’s currently holding up a couple of other things I had in an October order. They’re usually quicker at splitting something off than this.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Japan to US mail issue is still happening too, right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes. Speculation is until April, because Japan Post announced re-zoning and rate changes for the US for then. The US is being kicked out of Zone 2 with Canada and the rest of the Americas into its own new zone with the worst rates.

It’s a result of Trump leaving that postal agreement thing. This will benefit noted American business DHL, just as planned!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Good shopping morning. Found Target exc Storm/Thunderbird and Walmart exc Venomized Cap.

Now if I could find R.E.D. Soundwave I'd be set.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I thought the Bruiser the Betelgusian Berserker Baboon and Corsair Canard Deadeye Duck were relatively new. That was never an IP I was very familiar without outside of like the first line of the theme song though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Xenomrph posted:

I got ML venomized Captain America, he’s cool. I’ve got the Maximum Venom wave shipping in from Pulse, I’d totally buy figures of other venomized characters.

The Venomized Punisher from Marvel Unlimited last year is awesome but I don't imagine most people are okay with dropping ~$130 for a Marvel Legends figure at this point.