Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

Theres tons of ways frame ML poo poo on terms right wingers could get behind so long as you emphasize common sense and how it would be good for small business and whatnot

Harder if you're an anarchist I guess but I think the only paths forward for ballot simps is threaten a dirty break with the dems or Maoist style takeover of the Republicans
Yeah if it would be easier and more viable, run as a republican's for city council, gently caress it, why not. "Medicare 4 Citizens!" (and quietly residents but they don't need to know that), Stop Big Evil NYC LIBERAL LANDLORDS jacking up your rent and evicting hardworking americans, why are we spending $10 trillion dollars and giving it to jeff bezos and billy gates? GIVE IT TO THE WORKERS, workers should own their share of the surplus they produce instead of having bezos take it all, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
mainly the feet one

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

how has the media still not loving called this poo poo. what are the loving waiting for?? biden is clearly leading in GA, PA, AZ and NV and he only needs one of the first three.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/Wizard_Predicts/status/1324809471068131333

truampo will bounce back

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Posting on Satans page

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

People vote for third parties mostly because they do not like the candidates of the main two parties. It's folly to just assign the Libertarian votes to the GOP and the Green votes to the Dems.

also I wonder how many people wrote in candidates like deez nuts lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

There's like 2.6 million farmers and around 2 million farms so yeah, a whole lot of it is just a few people and some robots. Those poor rural towns are not farmers. They're poor people who's families used to be farmers and are now nothing because nothing is out there, no one wants to go out there because there is nothing, and both parties have abandoned them.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Theres tons of ways frame ML poo poo on terms right wingers could get behind so long as you emphasize common sense and how it would be good for small business and whatnot

Harder if you're an anarchist I guess but I think the only paths forward for ballot simps is threaten a dirty break with the dems or Maoist style takeover of the Republicans

like i said, i know plenty of chuds and chud-adjacent people who will get behind me saying poo poo like "healthcare should be provided by the government" and "people should control their workplaces" and i know guys who were lifelong (well like 10 years since we're millennials) republicans who were all in on bernie, loved the dude, then voted trump. a couple of those guys didn't vote this time because trump pissed them off and bernie got hosed

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1324789356821962753?s=20

Amen, Bernie. But one thing:

WHERE'S MY loving HOODIE, SANDERS?!

Really wish I could not-mad post like a NOJOEie today, but I spent like $50 on that.

Oh and hail sweet Satan, also hail President Elect Joseph R Biden, Jr.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
hail satan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEKFmokUiBg

Lazer Vampire Jr.
Mar 31, 2005

Ask me about whatever fat loss diet is popular this month!

shovelbum posted:

for a lot of crops isnt that workforce a big machine

seems like whenever I see some video about harvesting its either giant machines doing 90% of the work or its migrant workers picking stuff because of how 'delicate' the crop is to harvest, very little in between.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

That's not a problem with the ACA, that's a problem with a broken state government that doesn't serve it's citizen's best interests.

Medicaid expansion + the rescission ban + parental coverage to age 26 are the best things to happen to public health outcomes in my lifetime.

"it doesn't matter, Democrats will get it, right?"

there was no reason to compromise this way except to give republicans an angle to block it

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If the law can’t actually be implemented as designed and written that seems like a problem with the law.

It got implemented in a lot of places, as I've said elsewhere one in four rural Pennsylvanians is on Medicaid due to the expansion and their health outcomes with regard to the availability of care are better than those for people on commercial insurance. Turns out zero copay healthcare gets high-risk people out to the doctor when they need it.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

how has the media still not loving called this poo poo. what are the loving waiting for?? biden is clearly leading in GA, PA, AZ and NV and he only needs one of the first three.

Market to close

Cool guy Nice
Nov 6, 2020

by Pragmatica

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't have a rhizzone account sorry so probate me for a week but check out this guy becoming increasingly angry and obsessed with AOC, to the point he starts fantasizing about what she'll do and how he'll be so important in holding her accountable

all bolding is mine, because goons need to be handheld

if this doesn't set off your "personally-spurned creep" radar then good luck with your life!

I feel like it would be accurate to describe people like this as being in the “leftist fandom” rather than “leftists”

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't have a rhizzone account sorry so probate me for a week but check out this guy becoming increasingly angry and obsessed with AOC, to the point he starts fantasizing about what she'll do and how he'll be so important in holding her accountable

all bolding is mine, because goons need to be handheld

if this doesn't set off your "personally-spurned creep" radar then good luck with your life!

Neither of yall come out looking good, but these are funny so thank you for posting

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

MadJackal posted:

Amen, Bernie. But one thing:

WHERE'S MY loving HOODIE, SANDERS?!

Really wish I could not-mad post like a NOJOEie today, but I spent like $50 on that.

I got refunded for mine. I didn’t even want the money back, I still wanted my hoodie. I still do

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!
Hail Satan

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
:evilbuddy:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

MorrisBae posted:

Market to close

the market will love it tho

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Hail Joe

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lazer Vampire Jr. posted:

seems like whenever I see some video about harvesting its either giant machines doing 90% of the work or its migrant workers picking stuff because of how 'delicate' the crop is to harvest, very little in between.

Yeah, this is the other good point. A lot of the poo poo people are thinking of when they go the farmers! is actually work done by migrant workers because the industry won't pay enough and no one is forcing them to.

Serf
May 5, 2011

this is true. mechanization has radically altered how food is produced. imagine if that was a good thing and not something that plunged large sections of rural america into poverty and despair

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

im gonna hold my reps feet

:heysexy:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

SKULL.GIF posted:

[...] all bolding is mine [...]

I don't think this was a sex thing:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the parental coverage to age 26 thing was so loving laser focused on kids whose parents were a) alive and b) well off enough to have good health care from work

just incredible policy

also since my family still has a family farm; a lot of the time is spent fixing said machines but that's been the thing for 100 years i dont know what you were expecting

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hail satan

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

yep it's this. anything else is hobby farming/niche market stuff

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hail Satan

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i don't think i can probe anyone for having meltdowns about AOC on the forums. it's funny! but i don't think it's against the rules

How about for accusing someone of stalking and taking photos of her apartment without proof and then posting a bunch of posts that don't support the accusation

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1324809393905508353

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Holy gently caress I haven't seen that in years

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
rip satan

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The early internet was rad

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i had a feeling it was gonna be this, but lmao, last second provisional ballots from magachuds that panicked right before polls closed but didn't have their poo poo in order

for once the voter suppression hits them

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Poll Boy Nate Silver says the provisional ballets should favor Biden as well.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
it is overwhelmingly goony to see someone say the phrase "hold their feet to the fire", a common idiom, and immediately assume they're jacking off to them

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MAKE THE loving CALL ALREADY YOU SPINELESS FUCKS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What if, to heal the nation, we all referred to the President-Elect not as Biden, or Joe, but exclusively as President Robinette. I think that would help everyone.