Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Astro Bot Rescue Mission would be widely acclaimed as a top five PS4 game if you didn't have to have a VR headset to play it. I really want to check out Playroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Zongerian posted:

They want to gently caress the robot
Buddy, they won't even let me gently caress the robot

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Vikar Jerome posted:

#saynotogaas

I wonder how their other upcoming service game Outriders is gonna do

Edit: oh apparently it's not a service game, it just looks and plays like one

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The what now

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Getting in late on the cardboard toys craze

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

so many teases to post but it really does sound like, for real this time, that tomorrow the mass effect trilogy remaster is getting announced and its called legendary edition.

theres supposedly no switch version which makes me wonder if its a complete remake? then again the cast are all gonna be present so i doubt that. an enhanced remaster or something? better not be just 4k+dlc after all this.

It'll be dynamic 4k+dlc.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

:ughh:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Can't wait to wrap my PS5 in cardboard and strap it to my head

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

haveblue posted:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

haveblue posted:

:five:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
this is the worse kept secret

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1324760526673489920

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hey BP (and everyone else), Veeg stream imminent!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
forgot how much this owned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx9sPQpjgjU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Hey BP (and everyone else), Veeg stream imminent!

bp standing in the nightmare

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Now that there's more Astro's Playroom footage the Giant Bomb folks are saying "the first 45 seconds of Astro's Playroom have been the most impressed I've been with this new console"

"Astro's Playroom is one of the best games I've played all year." -- Brad Shoemaker and Jeff Gerstmann, Giant Bomb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGLE577QdF0

Wild to hear Giant Bomb sounding happy to play a video game.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I'm honestly still in disbelief that this game, regardless of how lovely it is, didn't manage to coast off the MCU Brand to success.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
live https://www.twitch.tv/videogamessa

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Augus posted:

I'm honestly still in disbelief that this game, regardless of how lovely it is, didn't manage to coast off the MCU Brand to success.

Had it come out before/with Endgame and used the actors faces it would’ve made a fuckton

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Augus posted:

It was the fact that the characters were trying to look like the movie stars in the films, but missed the mark in every conceivable way, that instantly turned people off.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I bet Avengers would've sold better had the MCU not been paused this year. They could've cross-promoted it with Black Widow or whatever and rubbed it in everyone's face during trailers

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

This Ain't the Avengers

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Been playing Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered and it's just as fun as it was 10 years ago. Probably my favorite Need for Speed game period.

It's been bringing up my avatar ( ) a bunch and I hope that carries over to PS5 because I've had it for a couple years and I love it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There are some Spidey combo guys I follow on YouTube who put out some cool looking stuff for Avengers and so I thought if they had a fun enough time with it then I'd probably like it but then I realized their videos were all in the training room areas so the fun they were showing off was in a highly contrived situation and not the actual game. I knew I probably wasn't going to make a ton of time for it this year because of Tsushima and Miles Morales anyway but I steered clear after that.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

I said come in! posted:

It was the fact that the characters were trying to look like the movie stars in the films, but missed the mark in every conceivable way, that instantly turned people off.
It’s exactly like Mr. Miyagi said about walking down the middle of the street. By trying to find a middle ground they just made it look like a knock off dollar store version of the movies.

But also, there have got to be other people like me who are just completely burned out on the MCU and never want to see anything like that again. The timing of the release the the game just seemed awful to me.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Will there be a digital version of the Ultimate Launch Edition of Miles Morales?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Continually impressed by the amount of loading screens and prompts before you get to play Amnesia

Start the game
The game loads for ages
Press X for no reason at all to open the main menu
Press X again to continue from your most recent save
The game loads for ages again
Press a button again to start the game

:doggo:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Better with PS5 is what I'm hearing

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

LODGE NORTH posted:

Will there be a digital version of the Ultimate Launch Edition of Miles Morales?

They're not called launch editions online but you can pre-order the standard digital or Ultimate digital and it says you get the bonuses. The only thing that makes the Ultimate version Ultimate is including the Remaster, which you can buy separately in-game through the Miles Morales game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Continually impressed by the amount of loading screens and prompts before you get to play Amnesia

Start the game
The game loads for ages
Press X for no reason at all to open the main menu
Press X again to continue from your most recent save
The game loads for ages again
Press a button again to start the game

:doggo:
I can somewhat accept a justification for not just going straight from starting the game into your latest save game because of household with multiple people using different save games etc. but not for any other of the things between starting the game and playing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

i only recently found out where Imhotep's av came from when music surfing on youtube

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!
I need to do better.

My top achievements are still from playing fortnite and accidentally joining a raid in a mmorpg and completing it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

acksplode posted:

I bet Avengers would've sold better had the MCU not been paused this year. They could've cross-promoted it with Black Widow or whatever and rubbed it in everyone's face during trailers

alas the MCU is dead rest in piss

there's no way to start that machine up once the momentum is gone

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It's the MCU+ now and people are gonna pay a subscription fee for it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Spider-Man never lost momentum and Spider-Verse 2 is gonna be the sickest, most fuckin awesomest poo poo of all time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rinkles posted:

i only recently found out where Imhotep's av came from when music surfing on youtube

OpN is the good stuff, my av used to be the skeleton from Replica

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
new OPN album is pretty good, and their OC swag is nice.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

acksplode posted:

It's the MCU+ now and people are gonna pay a subscription fee for it

maybe in the us. even if theaters some day return to prominence in life there's no way the conditions will ever be the same to make mcu part 2 a worldwide megacrowd phenomenon again, the years of preproduction that would have to go into starting up the gears of the machine, the decade long actor contracts, scheduling, the perfect audience attachment age, etc.

it's dead as dirt, good riddance. more room for everyone else.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bloodborne: still game of the generation

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

maybe in the us. even if theaters some day return to prominence in life there's no way the conditions will ever be the same to make mcu part 2 a worldwide megacrowd phenomenon again, the years of preproduction that would have to go into starting up the gears of the machine, the decade long actor contracts, scheduling, the perfect audience attachment age, etc.

Nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Bloodborne: still game of the generation

Anything that makes more room for Bloodborne is a good thing