Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Capfalcon posted:

I have never felt a comic more than this right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cropoval
Feb 17, 2020

This was not a fun page to pull up while half-asleep in the dark at 4 AM, let me tell you.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Inglonias posted:

Big mood, Zimmy. For a second I literally thought she was wearing an 'I voted' sticker

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

And the Ether quaked.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

:golfclap:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Zimmy looks like she just took Frenzy damage

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

cropoval posted:

This was not a fun page to pull up while half-asleep in the dark at 4 AM, let me tell you.

I did this too. I woke up exhausted around 3 and decided to distract myself from election results with a nice comic update...

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

every time i go to the website today my monitor turns off can someone help im not good with computer

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

my god...

it's beautiful.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
"Oh how quickly the tide turns..."

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Edvard Munch's "The Scream, With Teeth"

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

CJacobs posted:

Zimmy looks like she just took Frenzy damage

Yes, Loup. Or some call him Sparkle dog...

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

BrightWing posted:

Yes, Loup. Or some call him Sparkle dog...
Only the Court would look at Bloodborne and read it as a how-to guide instead of a cautionary tale.

"The Old Blood? Hell yeah bro, gently caress me up."

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

She looks dessicated. Has the Court stopped organising rain storms for her now that they apparently finished with her?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Good talk.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Mission failed...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sorry kid, haircut sticks out like a sore thumb

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Annie used her single attempt at deception getting by those robots to save Robot. Now she can't fool her own father on the fooling-est day of the year with an electrified foolin' machine.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Trying to figure out what the symbol on her hat is. At first I thought it was "EH" sideways from the last panel, but looking at the first one maybe it's some sort of court symbol?

Anyways, now I want a hat that says "EH" sideways.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's a symbol that's shown up a bunch before.

It seems like it might be a vertical rendering of the number 113. 113 turns up in this comic a lot. I think it's tom's little easter egg signature.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aww that's sadorable

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"
^^ A little TOO incognito, Annie!

The correct answer, Anthony, is to swivel your chair away from your work, make eye contact with your daughter(s) and say, "I am, but I can make time for you. What's up?" and then listen to what they have to say.

Work to live, man. Don't live to work.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wa11y posted:

^^ A little TOO incognito, Annie!

The correct answer, Anthony, is to swivel your chair away from your work, make eye contact with your daughter(s) and say, "I am, but I can make time for you. What's up?" and then listen to what they have to say.

Work to live, man. Don't live to work.

That was my dad. He'd get lost in his work such that you had to get his attention all the time, but when you got it he gave it to you fully and happily. The difference between a habitual worker and a workaholic.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like that Court Annie and Forest Annie are joined together by the hair in the ether, almost like a tether between the two of em.

edit: Or perhaps Court Annie's hair ends where Forest Annie's hair begins like some kind of strange CatDog-esque creature. Or maybe it's split ends taken to the logical extreme.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

split timeline ends, there's a conditioner for it they sell it at tesco

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Is this Court Annie trying to get her dad to open up to her the way that he does to Forest Annie by trying to bamboozle him into thinking that she’s Forest Annie?

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

blastron posted:

Is this Court Annie trying to get her dad to open up to her the way that he does to Forest Annie by trying to bamboozle him into thinking that she’s Forest Annie?

Yes =3

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

is tony really good at excel or is he bad at it

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

T-man posted:

is tony really good at excel or is he bad at it

He must be a wizard, because he excels at his job.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like the implication behind Tony recognizing which Annie is which without even turning around. At first it's a bummer because he's still acting like Tony to Court Annie for unknown reasons, but thinking about it more it's not such a bad thing. Tony knows his daughter(s) so well that he can not only tell it's her as soon as she walks in the room, but he can tell her apart from an exact doppelganger of herself minus the hair. That's parenthood right there.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I like the implication behind Tony recognizing which Annie is which without even turning around. At first it's a bummer because he's still acting like Tony to Court Annie for unknown reasons, but thinking about it more it's not such a bad thing. Tony knows his daughter(s) so well that he can not only tell it's her as soon as she walks in the room, but he can tell her apart from an exact doppelganger of herself minus the hair. That's parenthood right there.

It's just a shame he's still terrified of one of them.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's ok, Zimmy will punch him in the face again and that'll clear everything right up. Worked last time!

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

So is Zimmy page actually part of this chapter or was it just a reaction image?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's definitely part of the chapter, it follows directly after Kat's "things will be okay" line and it's been well established at this point that wherever Kat's ongoing story is headed, Zimmy and her ability to see Kat's other form is gonna tie into it. So it serves as a reminder and then a break before we transition to the next scene.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I totally forgot that Tony's been able to be his more personable self around forest Annie.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Forest Annie is and isn't the Annie he'd known for so long. Court Annie is and is - and even if she's not wearing the makeup that reminds him of Surma right now, she usually is.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

Worthleast posted:

So is Zimmy page actually part of this chapter or was it just a reaction image?

We're checking in on all the Annies.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

maswastaken posted:

Forest Annie is and isn't the Annie he'd known for so long. Court Annie is and is - and even if she's not wearing the makeup that reminds him of Surma right now, she usually is.

Yeah, it's hard to say exactly what Tony's thinking but it seems that the timeline weirdness that led to Annie emerging from the forest six months later has given her just enough distance from "the daughter I screwed up everything with" to not trigger his usual anxiety around her.

It does lead to a natural conclusion that he still doesn't see Forest Annie as the real Antimony. Sadder still that this is the better outcome for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

:T