Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

dude's got a weird stain on the head of his dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

lmao Ricky intimidating this dude to the rhythm of his music

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Ricky Starks is so good

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ex with the Duane Reade jokes

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

AEW Games!?!?!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hell yeah Chuckie T vs Big Shotty

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Good point Taz

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Cobra Clutch with a leg, can we can it the World Famous Chain Wallet?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
El Generico and Tracey Smothers references during this match, RIP to two legends

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao holy poo poo

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

That high five

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

My new conspiracy theory is that all the stables are staffing up cause they're gonna do some kind of survivor series thing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Best Friends are gonna poach Lee from the Nightmare Family and also Shawn Dean

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Fun little Dark.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The hug was very wholesome :3:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im behind but uno and stu are really dope in the ring together, dang

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

dustin lee howard is SMOOTH LIKE A GOD drat CAT

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I really appreciate the camera bobbing back and forth with Lance Archer during his promo.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

late but archer is so so much better now, that promo on dark was incredible, what a transformation over these last two years.

jake is incredible but he always was.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Anything worth chasing down before Full Gear besides the Lance promo?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Matt Sydal vs. Christopher Daniels was really fun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

The main event was fun :)

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Wezlar posted:

Is Swoles gear new? Looks awesome

She had it a week or two ago. It's Ironheart and it's great.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

Commentary is Anthony a-go-go tonight

1) Tesha Price vs Big Swole. Price has a good look, let's see if she has more than that. Technical start, which breaks down nicely when Tesha lands a cheeky slap. Match gets a bit scrappy, but I didn't see anything from Price that looked bad. Swole's upped her technical skills, but that tiger driver needs work.

2) Christopher Daniels vs Matt Sydal. I like the acknowledgement of their history. Sydal points at his head, Chaos Project membership confirmed. I sort of appreciate that Sydal has worked with the fact that there's a billion flippy dudes now and broadened and nuanced what he does. Love seeing Daniels get some submission stuff in too. If they see a future for Sydal in AEW as more than just an attraction, I think he'd pair very well with TH2 as a stable. TH3: Team Synthetic Weed. The ending is nicely nuanced

3) Brandon Cutler vs Michael Nakazawa. Cutler's ring gear remains absolutely awesome. He looks more confident than before. Octagon ball. This match is a good display of Cutler overcoming his greatest enemy, underconfidence. Loved the oily ropes spot where Brandon just goes round to another side. Well deserved win for Big Bran.

Frankie Kazarian promo where he says the things wrestlers say.

4) Griff Garrison vs Ariel Dominguez. Like the Dominguez fighter presentation. Griff needs new music now he's moving into the win column. The height difference here is hilarious. Is this a Marko Stunt warm-up? Griff is in the driving seat here, and as a result the match is pretty simple but not bad.

I LOVED Griff firing off shots on Archer. Great lion hearted babyface spot.

5) Sean Maluta and Ryzin vs Uno and Grayson. It's so nice that they spring for the time machine to keep bringing Ryzin here from 2003. Nice dynamic tag match. Grayson is just so superb at basically everything he does. Very much some guys just being fed to Uno and Grayson but this was fun.

6) Ricky Starks vs someone called Trevor. This match was over before I finished making coffee. Trevor needs to wear something under his trunks

7) Lee Johnson vs Chuck Taylor. Love Lee's copper tights. Nice little match, which is clearly an attempt to season up Lee quickly. Taylor was in control but Johnson was being given room to do some stuff which is good. Johnson is technically sound, but needs to go hard on the character. Young Lion works for a while but eventually you need more. God, that missile dropkick into tope combination absolutely rules. High five! Good match, now let's get to work, Lee.

Fun show.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i would watch dark just to listen to Excalibur making Taz laugh at stupid small things the entire night. they clearly have a ton of fun together and it's great

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
"Who would you say you're better friends with, Ricky Starks or Brian Ca-"
"Ricky Starks"

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

heartbreaking to learn that brian cage doesn't manscape

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Aye Doc posted:

heartbreaking to learn that brian cage doesn't manscape

His facial hair suggests rather to the contrary.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

rantmo posted:

His facial hair suggests rather to the contrary.

He puts all his effort in there. Also his arms won't reach the other areas correctly due to all the muscles.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Traps too big to take the Paradigm Shift or to groom.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Devon's kids up first!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

These identical twins do look pretty similar

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpJhkkjeoR8

AEW Dark (pushed back a half-hour thanks to Kenny)

With Ricky Starks on commentary and Devon's sons in the ring.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
oh poo poo Chaos Project got matching coats, they are for real

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

oh poo poo Chaos Project got matching coats, they are for real

AEW Dynamite Main Eventers Snakem'n and Pointm'n.

ooh, Serpentico had a hand in training TNT, that is cool.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm impressed Luther hot his leg up so high for that boot

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

StarkRavingMad posted:

Dark starting by the way, and Devon's sons are up first

gently caress me, darks always on

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Ricky wielding Cage like a sword would own

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

karmicknight posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpJhkkjeoR8

AEW Dark (pushed back a half-hour thanks to Kenny)

With Ricky Starks on commentary and Devon's sons in the ring.

how dare you not mention Dr Luther The original death dealer Japanese deathmatch legend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

how dare you not mention Dr Luther The original death dealer Japanese deathmatch legend.

I issue my apologies to the Original Death Dealer and Japanese Deathmatch Legend Doctor "Pointm'n" Luther.