Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Matt's last vlog was a bit more hopeful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I pretty much only listen to CTH, TrueAnon and the Cushvlog on the basis that I need to bear witness to political conversations that I mostly agree with for my own sanity and somehow I've fallen behind on all three

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I pretty much only listen to CTH, TrueAnon and the Cushvlog on the basis that I need to bear witness to political conversations that I mostly agree with for my own sanity and somehow I've fallen behind on all three

TrueAnon's latest episode on Biden is very good and is worth listening to asap if you're unfortunate enough to have liberals around that you have to talk to

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
So it seems Radio War Nerd is mostly patreon only. I've heard good things about it, but what is the gist of it? Half historical, half current events?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

joepinetree posted:

So it seems Radio War Nerd is mostly patreon only. I've heard good things about it, but what is the gist of it? Half historical, half current events?

I'd say about 75% historical, though they've been doing more current events stuff lately. If you want to hear two hours of the details of battles in China, India, and the Middle East from a thousand years ago told by someone with a thick accent on a bad phone connection bookended by two guys with California accents complaining about cheap hotels, persistent maladies, and authoritarian immigration officials, it's the podcast for you.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Joementum posted:

I'd say about 75% historical, though they've been doing more current events stuff lately. If you want to hear two hours of the details of battles in China, India, and the Middle East from a thousand years ago told by someone with a thick accent on a bad phone connection bookended by two guys with California accents complaining about cheap hotels, persistent maladies, and authoritarian immigration officials, it's the podcast for you.

I agree it's fantastic

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

joepinetree posted:

Perpetual failsons and The Exile/Pando alum Mark Ames and John Dolan talk about their daily challenges (getting locked inside of a bathroom in Italy, getting denied entry into India, accidentally staying across the street from Irish nationalists erecting effigies in broad daylight, etc.) as well as historical wars and modern wars. They have a few dozen free episodes available, but they're kind of difficult to find.

Knowing your background and your analysis of what happened in South America during the Obama years, RWN will be good company.

e: this link should work for unlocked/preview episodes: https://www.patreon.com/radiowarnerd/posts?filters[is_public]=true

Phone has issued a correction as of 22:36 on Nov 7, 2020

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Brace going on a jihad against Vaush seems pretty dumb tbh, both of them are obviously fine and just happen to be e-celebs in slightly different online mediums

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Vaush is fuckin garbage.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

The_Rob posted:

Vaush is fuckin garbage.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Vitamin P posted:

Brace going on a jihad against Vaush seems pretty dumb tbh, both of them are obviously fine and just happen to be e-celebs in slightly different online mediums

Lmao this is comparing a SSS tier gacha pull to some N tier campaign monster

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vitamin P posted:

vaush is a creep and a liberal white supremacist scold. lol shut up dork.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Vitamin P posted:

hes an extremely funny target for brace i dont think either of them give a poo poo otherwise

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Vaush is fuckin garbage.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The_Rob posted:

Vaush is fuckin garbage.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Joementum posted:

Yeah it's worth every penny.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The_Rob posted:

Vaush is fuckin garbage.

:hai:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Taintrunner posted:

vaush is a creep and a liberal white supremacist scold. lol shut up dork.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Trabisnikof posted:

would that have made a difference in the world or just made us feel a little bit better about getting owned?

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf0-wv2awkY

Bernie is a bitch. Better to die a martyr than live an apostate.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Vitamin P posted:

stfu

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

People were asking about Truthpoint earlier, I strongly suggest you just jump to 2 hours 29 minutes and 20 seconds in this video, for the best analysis of this election I've seen far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLZwQRly0x0

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Phone posted:

Perpetual failsons and The Exile/Pando alum Mark Ames and John Dolan talk about their daily challenges (getting locked inside of a bathroom in Italy, getting denied entry into India, accidentally staying across the street from Irish nationalists erecting effigies in broad daylight, etc.) as well as historical wars and modern wars. They have a few dozen free episodes available, but they're kind of difficult to find.

Knowing your background and your analysis of what happened in South America during the Obama years, RWN will be good company.

e: this link should work for unlocked/preview episodes: https://www.patreon.com/radiowarnerd/posts?filters[is_public]=true

it was Irish Unionists who were erecting effigies

Dolan seemed to purposely have moved into a orange neighborhood during parade season

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
"Tiny Houses Coates" :laffo:

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
i've had vaush's deal explained to me like four times and instantly forgotten each time

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Mehmet having to do a "For gently caress's sake, Trump is not an anti-War president" thread is something I don't see very often.

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1325500066459656192

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1325500096469823488

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1325500859032109056

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1325501513377087491

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Kazzah posted:

i've had vaush's deal explained to me like four times and instantly forgotten each time

/leftypol/ but a stupid person rather than a stupid forum

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kazzah posted:

people have lost themselves forever in the anti-dispersion field generated by this man

they wander aimlessly through a deadened field and grasp at roots unknown, unable to see anything around or before them

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

I love the complete erasure of actual people on the ground in favor of Stacey Abrams. I didn’t see her at a BLM protest.

also georgia implemented automatic voter registration through the dmv a few years ago which is responsible for the increase in voters

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

Kazzah posted:

man who looks like a cube of tofu dropped on a barbershop floor wants in on that sweet discourse cash

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Kazzah posted:

He has two skills: non-monogamy and public speaking.

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

man who looks like a cube of tofu dropped on a barbershop floor wants in on that sweet discourse cash
so he's a podcaster

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

T-man posted:

thanks dude, i get a little endorphin rush whenever i get to put the diagonal tally-mark across the other four

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

T-man posted:

I don't think leftypol full of anarcho-bidenists.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Kazzah posted:

He's a Twitch streamer, but isn't on Twitch because he got completely banned for getting mad at a pro-imperialism article and saying Israel should be bombed into glass.

Streaming is a different kind of eceleb than podcasting or making Youtube videos, it's more debatey and you have to defend your positions a lot more than short form stuff where being energetically entertaining without worrying about pushback is rewarded. He has a few bad takes but is generally pretty sound and has a decent, and growing, audience he's coherently presenting lefty ideas to.

He seems to make idiots really irrationally mad and I honestly don't know why.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dmitri-9 posted:

I don't think leftypol full of anarcho-bidenists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrPAagXeky0

yeah they’re definitely not cucks for Biden

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

The_Rob posted:

Vaush is fuckin garbage.

I only ever learned/heard about him post-nom Biden, cia op imo

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vitamin P posted:

He seems to make idiots really irrationally mad and I honestly don't know why.
if you don't have any power or even any expectation of power then any little thing or bad take becomes grounds for an existential crisis

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

i think of demons posted:

so he's a podcaster

We *love* them, don't we folks?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

if you don't have any power or even any expectation of power then any little thing or bad take becomes grounds for an existential crisis

I don't think its an existential crisis, maybe more a good or bad psychosis that if we just distinquish between the Good and the Bad obnoxiously enough then Good will win, by magic.

You're right it's definitely an expression of powerlessness though. If achieving anything feels impossible then revelling in dumb moralistic aestheticism is understandable, especially if it's also really easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

hmm yes. or maybe he just sucks