Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
And that looks like Liara on the left.
E:Garrus in the middle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Garrus and his giant soup bowl armour collar.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The tempting thing would be if they remade the original games in the andromeda engine (preferably a newer iteration of it)

Given that's it just gonna be a cash grab to make up for the failure of anthem/andromeda I am fully expecting the laziest of texture upscales.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
1. I keep forgetting this is the Mass Effect thread, I still don’t get the thread name
2. aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA give me the remaster

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I haven’t stopped being horny for Mass Effect, I’ve just been in a refractory period since 2017

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Hedrigall posted:

I haven’t stopped being horny for Mass Effect, I’ve just been in a refractory period since 2017

People fuckin love Mass Effect, they just want a good one

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

orange juche posted:

Andromeda 2 could be good, if they fixed literally everything the hosed up with Andromeda 1. They won't do this.

It will be remaster, with ME3MP stripped out lol, which removes the reason to play ME3.

OR it will be a combo pack of ME3Remaster and Andromeda, which nobody wants.

I will buy either of those final two options like the huge idiot that I am

I still like the original trilogy despite the final games flaws, and I never played Andromeda after I refunded it for being terrible in the prerelease period

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I just read every post I made in this thread in 2016-2017

I needed to chill out a bit, jeez

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
2016/17 were p. rough and we couldn't even count on a good Mass Effect to distract

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/bioware/status/1325105787174182912?s=20

This is now the Mass Effect Legendary Edition thread

edit:

Additional info:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1325100528871870467?s=20

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 7, 2020

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

V curious to see how well-polished the first game gets

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I guess I’ll have to buy the White Album again.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
New game!!!

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1325106024966221824

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I guess I’ll have to buy the White Album again.

:same:

Also oh dang a new game too?

Definitely not preordering it this time, but I'm cautiously excited to see how it goes

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

When they say "new Mass Effect game" do they mean Andromeda 2 or....

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
BioWare’s building a team....

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
The only goal at EA is to release before Subverse

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wouldn't mind seeing ME1 get a remake over a remaster but then we'd have to deal with Bioware squandering resources again before hoping everything comes together during the crunch period Bioware Magic moment.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I’ll be buying this remaster but I refuse to get too excited; after reforged I’m not going to automatically trust a dev to clear the low bar of “that game you already like, but with slightly better graphics”

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Ainsley McTree posted:

I’ll be buying this remaster but I refuse to get too excited; after reforged I’m not going to automatically trust a dev to clear the low bar of “that game you already like, but with slightly better graphics”

The EA/Petroglyph C&C remaster was perfect and even had balance changes everybody wanted. Granted it always appeared a labor of love, not a cashgrab.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Right, the thread name definitely needs changing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Mass Effect 2 & 3 still look really good on PC so I can't see myself getting this without MP.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
yeah no new ending + no ME3 multiplayer seems like?

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

there are already 4K texture mods for all the games

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The PC version better actually have controller support now. The fact none of them had it until Andromeda is loving baffling. It came out on Xbox 360! The controls are already in the game!

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Ha ha watch EA look at the success of Genshim Impact and release ME3 multiplayer f2p with enhanced gacha elements.

I'd still play it.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

BexGu posted:

Ha ha watch EA look at the success of Genshim Impact and release ME3 multiplayer f2p with enhanced gacha elements.

I'd still play it.

I'd whale for the Garrus and Tali Halloween Alts, don't care what anyone things

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I didn't even think about that. I was just remembering the pay for credits thing it hand originally. But if EA makes it so you can you can get legendary characters with special skills set/unique lines/animations to use in ME Multiplayer..... my god.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Nah, its still gamer food, they just announced a new thing on the menu

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

Games > Gaming food megathread remastered: Cooking in HD

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They're not really going to do this without the multiplayer are they

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

BexGu posted:

I'd still play it.

Banshees are already a highly gotcha element.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I spent more money on the ME3 multiplayer than I did on the Collector's Edition itself, and I'll do it again if they let me.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

i'm burnt out enough on remakes, rehashes, rebootquels and re-releases of old media that i'd rather take a spiritual successor to mass effect from bioware than going back to plumb that same old well

having to start with a fresh slate would be an overall boost imho, just keep it in the vein of a spiritual successor and don't do something like, anthem

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Its going to be a lazy remaster. Not everything can be as good as Blackbird taking the time to overhaul Homeworld 2 to have proper formations and ballistics.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

What’s funny is that mass effect is just generic sci-fi IP, the setting. It’s so Bioware could make their own games without the rights holders of Star Wars breathing down their necks and limiting what they could do. There isn’t anything here specifically that people love, it’s intentionally the blending and homage of a bunch of tropes from other sources. So of course after BioWare builds it up so well that the Mass Wffext universe starts gaining its own fandom, they burn it to the ground so hard that the only thing left is a remake lol

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

poisonpill posted:

What’s funny is that mass effect is just generic sci-fi IP, the setting. It’s so Bioware could make their own games without the rights holders of Star Wars breathing down their necks and limiting what they could do. There isn’t anything here specifically that people love, it’s intentionally the blending and homage of a bunch of tropes from other sources. So of course after BioWare builds it up so well that the Mass Wffext universe starts gaining its own fandom, they burn it to the ground so hard that the only thing left is a remake lol

A lot of it is generic but they filled it with enough details that it feels pretty lived in and alive, which sets it apart from most sci-fi/fantasy settings, which stop at “generic”.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The setting is star trek with guns for ME1, Firefly and space western anime for 2, and lovely war drama in a sci fi skin for 3.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

poisonpill posted:

On one hand, maybe

On the other hand, Vanguard Charge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Andromeda had problems but it was still, on the whole, a pretty good game. So the new game will probably be good as well.