Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Mob posted:

Hahahahaha dude almost every one of your new bosses is a WON source.

Hell the podcast he was on is a WON source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

If you're working on the creative end of things and you aren't paying attention to what your competition is doing, you are not doing your job.

This. If TK isn't at least vaguely aware of what's happening with WWE and NJPW, he's being negligent. He should at least make sure someone in the AEW inner circle (not the Inner Circle) is keeping up with ROH, TNA, AAA, CMLL and the CyberFight and joshi promotions too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

Considering how badly Gedo hosed up the covid era he's a shoo-in. Main Event Yujiro will never be washed away.

Given how successful New Japan has been in the COVID era Gedo should get heavy consideration for Best Booker.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Given how successful New Japan has been in the COVID era Gedo should get heavy consideration for Best Booker.

Really the only real miss Gedo has had during the COVID era is Okada/Yujiro. I'm not the biggest fan of the EVIL turn and push but taking a shot on a young guy is never a bad idea and they did it in a way to protect EVIL and the company if it doesn't work out so it's actually pretty okay (but not amazing booking). But the Tag Titles have been the best booked they have ever been, the 6 man titles are being used properly to build Korakuen shows and other programs, Suzuki/Nagata, Suzuki/Shingo, Taichi and Yoshi Hashi having good programs and the G1 all have been well booked. Tony Khan is my choice for booker of the year but Gedo should be in the top 3 or 4 conversation still.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

New Rudocast! We preview AEW Full Gear and NJPW Power Struggle with picks and predictions. Plus, Steve and I will do a live post Full Gear show on Twitch: https://twitch.tv/rudospodcast

We'll cover both Power Struggle and Full Gear. I will probably be drinking Strong Zero so it'll be...interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2FoWvALZwU

Audio:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-rudos-podcast/id1468336480

https://open.spotify.com/show/2SqoJSz5Ans40LZIfwFrIg?si=AyQkpWCoSR6cVEY-ypXvhg

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/hardlaser-audio/rudos-podcast?refid=stpr

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9ydWRvc3BvZGNhc3QubGlic3luLmNvbS9yc3M

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Miro is an unlikable dipshit

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Miro is cool

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Miro is the best

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

New Japan has been great this year all things considered what the actual hell are some of you talking about

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Can we all just agree that Miro is extremely handsome?

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Jackie D posted:

Miro is the best

miro number one

clap clap

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

New Japan has been great this year all things considered what the actual hell are some of you talking about

Yea i'd say it's been the best wrestling this year overall easily, and they took some risks with the situation instead of going into a holding pattern and I respect that.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Oh don't get me wrong NJPW is still the best, I just had that one complaint about Ibushi and Tanahashi.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
What's this Ibushi/Tanahashi scuttlebutt?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

81sidewinder posted:

Apparently in an interview Tony Khan has called the decision to have the Dangerous Tekkers/Golden Aces match where Tanahashi got like 200 Dragon Screws in a row on the same show as the Evil/Naito match a "head-scratcher", from what I understand because the mixed reaction to the latter match overshadowed the former, more well-received storyline. It makes sense he'd have that reaction, given how Dynamite is usually booked to have a hot angle on last regardless of if it's for the world title, but it's been a controversial comment in this thread.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I Before E posted:

Apparently in an interview Tony Khan has called the decision to have the Dangerous Tekkers/Golden Aces match where Tanahashi got like 200 Dragon Screws in a row on the same show as the Evil/Naito match a "head-scratcher", from what I understand because the mixed reaction to the latter match overshadowed the former, more well-received storyline. It makes sense he'd have that reaction, given how Dynamite is usually booked to have a hot angle on last regardless of if it's for the world title, but it's been a controversial comment in this thread.

I think Tony also really tries to avoid having a show with a heel ending. The only one I can think of is All Out 2019.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There's definitely an argument to be made for that in a promotion that wants to push the tag titles as equal to the singles titles, but Khan can't even realistically argue that he does that. For all the talk, AEW definitely subscribes to the idea that the men's singles belt is the main event.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Gaz-L posted:

For all the talk, AEW definitely subscribes to the idea that the men's singles belt is the main event.

It feels that way to me to, which was reaffirmed when Khan said that Moxley/Kingston was going last instead of the first FTR/Young Bucks match.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

81sidewinder posted:

Ibushi and Tanahashi have wonderful butts

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ah yeah!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

AEW really should main event a PPV with the Tag titles

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

if it weren't for mox/kingston being as great as it has been so far this would be the one I'd pull that trigger on.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

SatoshiMiwa posted:

This would've been the PPV to do it since no one believes Kingston will win and the Bucks/FTR match has been anticipated for years, but the build for the former has been real good and the one for the latter real bad.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i said that ftr vs omega/page should have headlined that show instead of mjf but then the ftr match stank and the mjf match was good so that showed me

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Hard to main event a PPV with the tag titles when one of the participants isn't a top-five team in the company

Save that for Young Bucks (C) v. Best Friends when Trent and Chuck finally get the straps

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Honestly even though Moxley winning was a good show closer they should of had the Bucks vs Page/Omega Main event Revolution.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Big Bicep Tony's outlook on wrestling is "End the big PPV with a feel good moment"

The most feel-good moment from this show would probably be Hangman beating Kenny in the main event, with Kingston pulling a Lesner and having Kingston/Mox at the beginning of the show. This ain't the card to have Bucks/FTR end the show because they're both basically heels, this isn't the card to end with Shida/Nyla because their women's roster is still shite

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

This would've been the PPV to do it since no one believes Kingston will win

do you read this forum

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I have not watched any wrestling in months, saw that promo and said there's no way he won't win. If any time is the time for Mox to lose, now is.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just a reminder, the Rudocast will be live immediately following Full Gear: https://twitch.tv/rudospodcast

The Strong Zero is on ice! Come join us!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Pinche Rudo posted:

Just a reminder, the Rudocast will be live immediately following Full Gear: https://twitch.tv/rudospodcast

The Strong Zero is on ice! Come join us!

Where do you get strong zeros?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Alaois posted:

do you read this forum

Don't read posts, don't watch fights

It's the fight island way of life

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

LET'S DO THIS!! RUDOCAST LIVE!!!

https://twitch.tv/rudospodcast

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Had a fun time talking wrestling and hanging out with the folks that joined us on Twitch. We'll do another live stream for Revolution!

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Dave is out of his mind with the mental gymnastics trying to defend the NJPW Tokyo Dome booking when Bryan presents him with a bunch of better alternatives. It’s borderline unlistenable after a point.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Raffles posted:

Dave is out of his mind with the mental gymnastics trying to defend the NJPW Tokyo Dome booking when Bryan presents him with a bunch of better alternatives. It’s borderline unlistenable after a point.

Having Ibushi actually drop the briefcase was dumb when you could have done a disputed finish that would have served the same effect if you wanted to get a title defense on both shows. Bryan was right that having Ibushi lose the briefcase and then get the match anyway is dumb.

I don't think Dave was right about selling both nights out. I have to think that both nights would sell together. How many people would go see one show and not the other regardless of the main event? If anything I would think that knowing Ibushi might win the title on the first night and then just have to defend it the second would make that a weaker sell, since the thing you're really selling is the Ibushi title win.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

PaybackJack posted:

Having Ibushi actually drop the briefcase was dumb when you could have done a disputed finish that would have served the same effect if you wanted to get a title defense on both shows. Bryan was right that having Ibushi lose the briefcase and then get the match anyway is dumb.

I don't think Dave was right about selling both nights out. I have to think that both nights would sell together. How many people would go see one show and not the other regardless of the main event?

Judging by this year? Quite a lot. 4th January is a huge tradition, the 5th is not.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

PaybackJack posted:

Having Ibushi actually drop the briefcase was dumb when you could have done a disputed finish that would have served the same effect if you wanted to get a title defense on both shows.

Was jay whites legs 7 feet in the air not a disputed finish? English commentary seemed to be pushing that it was. Maybe I dont understand what you mean.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Procrastinator posted:

Was jay whites legs 7 feet in the air not a disputed finish? English commentary seemed to be pushing that it was. Maybe I dont understand what you mean.

It wasn't clean but they aren't just handing the briefcase back to Ibushi and instead letting White have it so that implies that the referees call stands. I understand that they couldn't really have someone come out and suddenly start enforcing the rules, especially when you've had EVIL all year breaking them but the White keeping the case and challenging the second night hurts Ibushi.

forkboy84 posted:

Judging by this year? Quite a lot. 4th January is a huge tradition, the 5th is not.

Yeah, so why put the weaker match on second?

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

PaybackJack posted:

having a briefcase to defend is loving dumb to begin with