Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Just bounce it off the limiter until they go away.

i nurture my need for oil and electricity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Yuns posted:

The Sena does. Hit the ambient mode button on the bottom of the clamp unit (20S not sure how to do it on other Senas) and you can hear outside sounds.

I'm on a 10S which definitely does not have that. Cool to know they added it to later versions though!

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Yuns posted:

The Sena does. Hit the ambient mode button on the bottom of the clamp unit (20S not sure how to do it on other Senas) and you can hear outside sounds.

:aaaaa: I did not know that. Too bad my 20s just bricked itself and I'm back to ol reliable smh10r (which has better sound anyway).

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

drat, that's actually a great feature and one my Packtalk Bold doesn't have

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Ugh, yeah, my Cardo superiority complex is hitting a brick wall right now.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I literally never thought of having a headset let the ambient noise in and now I can’t fathom one without it.

Nice work sena

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I just want Shoei or Arai to actually build the intercoms into their helmet. Give me some sort of active noise cancelling so I don't even need ear plugs. That inflatable earmuff thing that Jim found is the closest I've seen.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Deeters posted:

I just want Shoei or Arai to actually build the intercoms into their helmet. Give me some sort of active noise cancelling so I don't even need ear plugs. That inflatable earmuff thing that Jim found is the closest I've seen.

The problem with these integrated units is the manufacturers don't usually want to play with each other. So you get a great helmet with a lovely integrated system, or a great comms system in a lovely helmet.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
I want a drat ece rated MC helmet with the built in ear muffs my BRP oxygen dot rated snowmobile helmet has. On my nx 250 where 55mph/90kmh is kinda the max with studded knobbies the muffs are damping more than enough. It even has cut outs and cable routing for speakers in the muffs!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I love how my AGV has little pockets in the lining for intercom speakers. Works amazing!

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Deeters posted:

Shoei GT Air II will integrate with a specific Sena headset. I think that’s about as good as we’ll get for now. But yeah it would be nice to not have to mess about with an add on.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Deeters posted:

Once again wishing Ski-doo would ship international because their latest helmet has that poo poo built in.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Slavvy posted:

My bike makes a weird wobbling sensation, really strange, no idea why.

The wheel is severely buckled? How bizarre I wonder how that happened??

Crash damage? What? No I definitely haven't crashed it, I'd remember something like that!

Ooh wait hahaha yeah I remember, I rammed a parked car the other day!

I can't be confident I'm quoting the guy with total accuracy but that's how the conversation went. Still searching for an explanation that makes sense to me.

Sooo the owner of this bike contacted me, and it wasn't the guy who booked the job! Turns out he went on a holiday a week after buying it, stored it at his mate's place, said mate decided to take it for a ride, rammed a parked car, then tried to get it fixed before the owner came back.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Slavvy posted:

Sooo the owner of this bike contacted me, and it wasn't the guy who booked the job! Turns out he went on a holiday a week after buying it, stored it at his mate's place, said mate decided to take it for a ride, rammed a parked car, then tried to get it fixed before the owner came back.

Oh boy I wish I was a fly on the wall when they had that conversation.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
"why would i need to leave the keys with you? you don't know how to ride a bike"

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Deeters posted:

Active noise cancelling can't prevent hearing damage.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

WHAT

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Active noise cancelling can't prevent hearing damage.

I can't hear you lalalalalala

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

captainOrbital posted:

"why would i need to leave the keys with you? you don't know how to ride a bike"
"I might need to move it."

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
The real question is; are you going to fix it and how much will that cost? Scrapes on the fork base rule out "just make it better again before they get back", not to mention all the other stuff I keep seeing.

Looks like it hit on the left up to the midsection to mess up the shifter, then dumped to the right to mess up the brake lever. What does the right side look like?!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Chris Knight posted:

"I might need to move it."

"I'll leave the forks unlocked and you can push it."

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
My wife claims 2 bikes is too many, and I should get rid of either the MV or KTM. I told her that used bikes aren't selling well now that winter is coming and I'll wait until the weather is warm to sell the KTM. I didn't tell her about my need for a 3rd bike yet.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Tell your wife to kiss your rear end </advrider>

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Coydog posted:

The real question is; are you going to fix it and how much will that cost? Scrapes on the fork base rule out "just make it better again before they get back", not to mention all the other stuff I keep seeing.

Looks like it hit on the left up to the midsection to mess up the shifter, then dumped to the right to mess up the brake lever. What does the right side look like?!

It's uhhh being sorted.

As to other damage, nope that's it! It honestly looks like it's never fallen over, the front damage is it.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Yuns posted:

My wife claims 2 bikes is too many, and I should get rid of either the MV or KTM. I told her that used bikes aren't selling well now that winter is coming and I'll wait until the weather is warm to sell the KTM. I didn't tell her about my need for a 3rd bike yet.

My trick was having multiple cars for one person, now multiple bikes seems much more reasonable

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011

Jazzzzz posted:

Tell your wife to kiss your rear end </advrider>

Your <current> wife.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Yuns posted:

Time for the ol' reliable "List bike for 2x it's worth and mention that you know what you got" then tell your wife you are trying to sell but nobody is buying.

Slavvy posted:

It's uhhh being sorted.

As to other damage, nope that's it! It honestly looks like it's never fallen over, the front damage is it.

I'm surprised. That's lucky. Optimistically, I guess its nice the guy immediately tried to take it some place to be repaired? Though I guess all he wanted was the "wobble" to be fixed.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

MomJeans420 posted:

My trick was having multiple cars for one person, now multiple bikes seems much more reasonable

Same. I started with a Challenger and needed to buy a winter vehicle, so there was already precedent for getting another vehicle to meet a different use-case.

So really the solution here is to buy another car first.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

And the insurance on a second bike is usually practically free. I get comprehensive and it was $10/mo for a second bike, the default insurance would have actually saved me money.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
When you really think about it; you can only ride one bike at a time. No matter how many bikes you have, it's as if you only have one. :thunk:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
:objection:

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
Truly the pinnacle of motor racing.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

now THIS is podracing

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I've been saying this for years, great to know that people in history were just as stupid as I am

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Here it is, the only good iron head sportster ever.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The only Harley to wheelie on throttle alone

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Something something the bitch fell off

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMcxVmDdNd4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Hello we are ktm we don't really know what we're doing but we paint the bikes orange :)

Really gives you the confidence to crank 60nm into that bad boy.