Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell
Hey, got referred to this thread from one of the D&D threads, currently unemployed with a CS degree I finished mid-pandemic but maybe in a position to donate, is it still best to do so thru the Patreon? Also, is there something I can do as an individual to help with like the organizing and poo poo, it seems like it has kind of become a second job for you Plinkey and if there's something I or anyone else can do to lighten the load I think I speak for all of goondom when I say you should feel free to ask for help yourself if you need it.

Cheers all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I have emailed, and here now I post

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I didn't actually post here last time but I'm forced to come back. I hate this and hopefully if I get this Fedex job I can contribute instead of taking.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

Garrand posted:

I hate this and hopefully if I get this Fedex job I can contribute instead of taking.

I feel like this is a common thing amongst all of us who have had to ask for help. Like, I just learned today that my entire first paycheck is going to insurance premiums in order to get my insurance back and not lose it again, so I won’t have any income until 11/27 and all I want to do is give back but I find I keep needing help just to make it a little longer. It feels horrible. Just remember though that you deserve help and that’s why this thread is here.

:glomp: Good luck friend

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

50s girl groupon posted:

Just remember though that you deserve help and that’s why this thread is here.

Seriously.

While it obviously is nice warm feelings when you'd be in the position to provide rather than receive, this is a community, and communities help those in them because we are stronger, together (tm).

It doesn't matter that I started out as some stupid shitposter in Pet Island and then went on to be a dumbo in EVE and someone else is an AI or BYOB or D&D weirdo, whatever this weird site is has a community around it.

Even in the, "best of times" people can get knocked down by any number of things. These days, there are so many more things to get knocked down by. Getting knocked down isn't a sign of failure or whatever, it's just what happens sometimes. If you wind up needing some help and Goonfund is there to help, it's because you're here and you're worth it. If you can provide to Goonfund, you're here and you're worth it.

Everybody's worth it.

To stick yet another dumb quote in this, all those bad people are able to win when everyone thinks they're alone, when everyone thinks they need to be able to handle everything by themselves. We actually are all stronger together, because we actually can accomplish more when we help those in need.

So if you use Goonfund, keep your head high when you get your loving Taco Bell because yes, you do deserve it.

gently caress now I want a chalupa.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

This fund has bailed me out twice in the past year and it's so ingrained to feel shame when asking for a hand up from relative strangers. It helps to remember this: people don't donate to make you feel bad.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

This fund has bailed me out twice in the past year and it's so ingrained to feel shame when asking for a hand up from relative strangers. It helps to remember this: people don't donate to make you feel bad.

yeah ive been contributing for a while now and it just makes me happy to know Plinkey's fund has helped goons and their cats etc eat and pay rent and whatever, nothing but love to all

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
My house just got robbed last night and my work laptop stolen (Im a grad student / course instructor) . I could really use some goonfund help

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

My house just got robbed last night and my work laptop stolen (Im a grad student / course instructor) . I could really use some goonfund help

Did send plinkey an email at goonfund@stanknuts.com?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

sent you an email, do you have renters insurance?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Plinkey posted:

sent you an email, do you have renters insurance?

I dont have renters insurance. I'm also a poor rear end canadian living in the south and not a citizen so dont know if that matters, but yeah I should have gotten it considering the area I live.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Thank you guys, and I hope things work out for you well.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Aerofallosov posted:

Thank you guys, and I hope things work out for you well.

I haven't talked to you in awhile but I hope you are well!
continue to reach out for anything you may need ok

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Hi there! I do okay enough. I hope you're well, too? And I'll have to work through the feeling like a mooch thing.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'm donatin. Been poor before. It sucks.

For anyone on the fence, it's gettin' real close to that 4k/mo number. Just sayin.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress them all. I am the bailout fund of CSPAM now. But hey, whatever. It's what I have coming.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I'm torn because I just asked plinkey for money and that helped get me food and water and phone turned back on but now my internet was just shut off without warning (admittedly I am quite behind) and I need $110 to turn it back on.

I don't really have anywhere else to ask but don't want to just keep taking money from the fund so I guess pm me if you'd like to help? I do t know at this point, still waiting on a response from after my interview

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is why the fund exists though, just use it. Noone will begrudge you.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
seriously. the money is being given for a reason.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah, I guess that's true, it's all comig from goons either way.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Garrand posted:

I'm torn because I just asked plinkey for money and that helped get me food and water and phone turned back on but now my internet was just shut off without warning (admittedly I am quite behind) and I need $110 to turn it back on.

I don't really have anywhere else to ask but don't want to just keep taking money from the fund so I guess pm me if you'd like to help? I do t know at this point, still waiting on a response from after my interview

Did I miss an email or something earlier this week, I thought I was up to date

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

No,no haven't sent one yet

Can I just say how slow and awful doing everything on mobile is?

Garrand has issued a correction as of 19:09 on Nov 6, 2020

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Ok email was sent

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Garrand posted:

Ok email was sent

:glomp:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
sent an email, realized i didn't put my username in the email but the paypal username is close enough (it's just the initials of my username)

echoing people's sentiment here about struggling to overcome being ashamed when asking for help. I've been in dire straits a lot over the past 4 or 5 years and it blows rear end and I've stayed away from this thread purely because I didn't want to add another party to the list of people I feel like I'm draining. But options are pretty thin rn and i held out as long as I could for a stimulus to maybe get passed, and now here I am with $30 to my name.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I see a bunch of posters feeling bad about asking. I hope I can help you feel a bit less bad. I’m not sending money to Plinkey every month for it to sit in a bank account. I’m sending it because it’s the easiest way to help Goons a little. If you don’t take the money, then the system breaks down.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s an accident of history that I ended up with the job I have and really the luck of the draw that my income survived COVID. It could have easily gone another way. I’ve been on the other side of this before and been lucky enough to have family that could bail me out of crippling debt while I was trying to make ends meet on nonexistent freelance work. It’s awful to ask but over here on the other side, it’s really nice to be able to give. And I wouldn’t be in this position if people hadn’t helped me out.

This society shoves people into holes, blames them for falling, and makes them feel bad about trying to get out. gently caress that.

Do your part. Take the cash.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

doingitwrong posted:

I see a bunch of posters feeling bad about asking. I hope I can help you feel a bit less bad. I’m not sending money to Plinkey every month for it to sit in a bank account. I’m sending it because it’s the easiest way to help Goons a little. If you don’t take the money, then the system breaks down.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s an accident of history that I ended up with the job I have and really the luck of the draw that my income survived COVID. It could have easily gone another way. I’ve been on the other side of this before and been lucky enough to have family that could bail me out of crippling debt while I was trying to make ends meet on nonexistent freelance work. It’s awful to ask but over here on the other side, it’s really nice to be able to give. And I wouldn’t be in this position if people hadn’t helped me out.

This society shoves people into holes, blames them for falling, and makes them feel bad about trying to get out. gently caress that.

Do your part. Take the cash.

Well said, and echoing what you've said. I'm fortunate enough to work in an industry that is actually doing better thanks to COVID, so by taking advantage of this you are assuaging my guilt.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Posting for the record

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lamb posted:

Well said, and echoing what you've said. I'm fortunate enough to work in an industry that is actually doing better thanks to COVID, so by taking advantage of this you are assuaging my guilt.

mortician seems like a stable career

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

i say swears online posted:

mortician seems like a stable career

I work for a grocery store, but realistically it's not that far off

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Garrand posted:

ask plinkey, if you need help you need help, that's what the fund is for

if the fund runs dry every month, then we're doing awesome, but we need to get more donators :D

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hey, whoever sent me a one time donation, send me an email, that's not my paypal account email

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I hate to be back here probably sponging money away from people who probably need it even more than me but we just had a blowout 7 hours from our destination in the middle of our move. We are about to have to pay for a tow truck and not one but TWO new tires, IF we can find a place that's open when this tow truck finally gets here. I have no idea what this is going to cost yet. Once we get it fixed we have to drive 7 hours to our destination. We cannot take am extra day or my wife will lose her new work from home job. This is apocalyptically bad. We are currently on the side of the road with the cats stacked in carriers in the cab of the moving truck waiting for a tow truck which is taking forever. All tire places close by 6 around here. I don't know what to do and I don't know how this is going to go. But I know we need help.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

empty whippet box posted:

I hate to be back here probably sponging money away from people who probably need it even more than me but we just had a blowout 7 hours from our destination in the middle of our move. We are about to have to pay for a tow truck and not one but TWO new tires, IF we can find a place that's open when this tow truck finally gets here. I have no idea what this is going to cost yet. Once we get it fixed we have to drive 7 hours to our destination. We cannot take am extra day or my wife will lose her new work from home job. This is apocalyptically bad. We are currently on the side of the road with the cats stacked in carriers in the cab of the moving truck waiting for a tow truck which is taking forever. All tire places close by 6 around here. I don't know what to do and I don't know how this is going to go. But I know we need help.

send an email to the fund if you haven't already, i was offline for like the last 5 hours

NJD2005
Sep 3, 2006
Sent an email.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Shot an email. Hate that I'm in a situation where I need Goon help, but 2020 is hellworld. Thanks, everybody, for your help.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

empty whippet box posted:

Are you two okay? :ohdear:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
sent email, now posting here. Spent stipend on rent, bills. No money left over for hole smashed in windshield of car.

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
Sent an email (:(). Need to put some sort of weather tape on my doors, and replace my pepcid/pepto/milk of magnesium/tylenol supplies after my girlfriend and I getting food poisoning.

Edit if we're doing accountability updates: I got my foodstamps and hopefully I'll get my card soon.

Farten Barfen has issued a correction as of 07:24 on Nov 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This is an accountability update, holding myself accountable.

I haven't forgotten how Plinky covered most of the cost of a group for me. I wound up not being able to go because of transport issues. And schedules wound up not lining up for the other sessions. And then Covid.

But things finally worked out with a different, closer thing! And I was all set to start 14 weeks of a Bodies and Trauma class today!

Except the class was pushed back to January. So I guess things'll happen eventually.