Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Bobstar posted:

Is the Senate not going Democrat because it's a straight vote with equal weighting per state, as opposed to the more weighted electoral college, or because not all seats are up for election, or because people vote differently for Senate vs President?

not every Senate seat was up for election this year, there are Senate elections every 2 years with roughly a third of seats up for election each time, because Senate terms are 6 years

this time there were 35 seats up for election and 23 of them were already held by Republicans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Has anyone got that Trump/Biden "you took everything from me / I don't even know who I am" picture handy, I can't seem to find it.

This one?
https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1324732104572346369

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Prime Minister Boris Johnson 10

Prime Ministers Boris Johnson 1 - 9 are floating dead in locked water tanks underneath Downing Street

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Steven_Armour/status/1325140464098566145

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Yeah, that's the one.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

OK that's actually a good comeback.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Aidan_702 posted:

Has Boris said a loving thing yet

Yesterday No10 steadfastly refused to confirm or deny that every vote should be counted in a democracy.

loving shame on the BBC for running a Biden puff piece after the announcement he'd won describing the assault allegations against him as "accusations of being overly tactile with women".

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

He does really have a quick wit

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Like that time Are Andy found out about the funding in front of the press only that time (an hour ago) Giuliani found out that Pensilvania had dropped the results and Biden was president in front of the press.

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1325130373144043520

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I pressed play on that tweet above this post and as soon as Rudy started talking my dog got up from by my side and left in a huff.

Working 2gether 2 change the climate

Marmaduke! fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 7, 2020

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

What is said, for the deaf amongst us?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Maugrim posted:

What is said, for the deaf amongst us?

Reporter from off camera: "Mr Biden, a quick word for the BBC?"

Biden: "The BBC? I'm Irish!"

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

OwlFancier posted:

Reporter from off camera: "Mr Biden, a quick word for the BBC?"

Biden: "The BBC? I'm Irish!"

Thanks!

Nutapii
Jun 24, 2020

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Did they fix the driving? I played W_D at a friend's house and the car physics were absolutely terrible, to the point that I would have preferred to walk everywhere.

I'd be more keen on fixing the mechanics - the first one just felt like a long series of quick time events and slightly elaborate animations triggered by pressing the hack button, rather than getting to think through things or having an actual hack mechanic. Alternatively, just shoot a couple of folk then drop into a back alley for a bit.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
One thing I do know about Ubisoft games is that they do both-sides stories in the most insane ways possible. The psychotic, torture-happy dictator you've been chasing for most of the game will always, always turn out to have been sensible and correct all along (yes, even the evangelical doomsday cult leader), and the only question is how much you'll be able to unfuck the situation after you defeat them and everything goes sideways. It's why I'm really side-eyeing their depiction of fascist surveillance-state Britain.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

If you sub to uplay you get watchdogs: brexit and asscreed: pillage England edition for like 15 quid or something.

I haven't done it yet but plan to at some point. Both games are apparently quite bad but I'll still drink that garbage unless its pirateable first

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Darth Walrus posted:

One thing I do know about Ubisoft games is that they do both-sides stories in the most insane ways possible. The psychotic, torture-happy dictator you've been chasing for most of the game will always, always turn out to have been sensible and correct all along (yes, even the evangelical doomsday cult leader), and the only question is how much you'll be able to unfuck the situation after you defeat them and everything goes sideways. It's why I'm really side-eyeing their depiction of fascist surveillance-state Britain.

I liked Far Cry 5 for the environmental details they did. Each location has its own story, you could see the struggles, the blood stain, the blood trail, the normal family life they had before poo poo went down. As if they were crafted and not just random poo poo placed around to fill space. Nice touches like that, then again I like walking simulators and open world games. Environments I can stop and stare at are my thing.
Far Cry 3 and 4 are more Apocalypse Now in how you have to become the darkness to beat the bad guy.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/flying_rodent/status/1325137387014352898?s=19

The Guardian is happy that Trump is gone so there can be more bombing campaigns and coups.

Pure evil.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Objectively Trump losing is very good, but it's hard to get too excited about a Biden presidency with a Republican controlled senate and a Republican supreme court. Even the good things he wants to do, he won't be able to.

The main thing is to ignore all the centrists bleating about how narrowly beating an actual fascist vindicates their worldview forever and just continue trying to convince people to vote left.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/eugeneh84/status/1325145943822356489?s=19

Not the original audio, obviously, but I look forward to the Mail reporting this as fact.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Communist Thoughts posted:

If you sub to uplay you get watchdogs: brexit and asscreed: pillage England edition for like 15 quid or something.

I haven't done it yet but plan to at some point. Both games are apparently quite bad but I'll still drink that garbage unless its pirateable first

Oh no, don't say it's bad! I just pre-ordered Pillage England. I didn't get on with the PC ports of the old Assassins Creed games, but I've quite enjoyed romping around Ancient Egypt and Greece in the latest two Assassins Creed games.

OwlFancier posted:

Watch dogs isn't really GTA, very different tonally and with quite different mechanics too.

Thanks - I'll have a watch of a Let's Play first.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/anoncatanoncat/status/1325142420799934467?s=19

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Finding it all quite depressing tbh. I mean Biden is a fairly worthless liberal but it's better than nothing and we're still stuck with Brexit and four more years of being governed by the Guido Fawkes comments section.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Gonzo McFee posted:

there can be more bombing campaigns and coups
"global problem solvers" - there must be more bombing & coups

E: which you literally said, & I mentally inserted the word "no" before "more". Ignore, keep scrolling

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder what problems the guardian thinks the US has solved globally of late.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

peanut- posted:

Finding it all quite depressing tbh. I mean Biden is a fairly worthless liberal but it's better than nothing and we're still stuck with Brexit and four more years of being governed by the Guido Fawkes comments section.

Log off.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/90sWWE/status/1324870695738871809

Surprisingly apt lol.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

happyhippy posted:

I liked Far Cry 5 for the environmental details they did. Each location has its own story, you could see the struggles, the blood stain, the blood trail, the normal family life they had before poo poo went down. As if they were crafted and not just random poo poo placed around to fill space. Nice touches like that, then again I like walking simulators and open world games. Environments I can stop and stare at are my thing.
Far Cry 3 and 4 are more Apocalypse Now in how you have to become the darkness to beat the bad guy.

Do you have any other recommendations? I haven't played many games aside from football manager, civ and gta 4 for years, but got massively into rdr2 over lockdown and loved it. I tried ac: odyssey, but despite it being in theory exactly my poo poo (I mean, I read thucydides this summer...) it just seemed a bit, I dunno, thin and arcadey compared to rdr2. Is there anything else in the kinda open world exploring vein that has a similar slower paced vibe?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would recommend Prey if you want a slow paced, exploration and narrative heavy, first person shooter/rpg type thing.

It is very thematically different but it is gorgeously designed and you will probably enjoy the alt-history element. And it is the most up to date deus-ex/system shock alike.

I do particularly enjoy it from an environment art perspective because the setting is really unique and there are a lot of nice little touches that tell a story before the game spells it out to you. And as the game massively rewards exploration mechanically too, it dovetails nicely.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 7, 2020

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Prince John posted:

Has anyone played this game by the way? It completely passed me by but "GTA in London" sounds like an awesome concept.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_London_1969

:colbert:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Nutapii posted:

I'd be more keen on fixing the mechanics - the first one just felt like a long series of quick time events and slightly elaborate animations triggered by pressing the hack button, rather than getting to think through things or having an actual hack mechanic. Alternatively, just shoot a couple of folk then drop into a back alley for a bit.

my problem with #1 was that it had literally the worst protagonist in the history of video games and everything was so grim and dark and grim all the time

haven't played #2 yet but it looks like they realised the mistake and made it much more fun and lighthearted, a bit more Saints' Row 2 and less GTAIV

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There is a good Chip & Ironicus LP of watchdogs 1 that makes it far more tolerable because they spend a lot of time ripping the piss out of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKJ7GqYdCPQ

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Julio Cruz posted:

not every Senate seat was up for election this year, there are Senate elections every 2 years with roughly a third of seats up for election each time, because Senate terms are 6 years

this time there were 35 seats up for election and 23 of them were already held by Republicans

Also the down ballot was horrible this time around, which might indicate a bunch of people voted Biden for President but Republican for everything else. Trump was literally that personally toxic.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Niric posted:

Do you have any other recommendations? I haven't played many games aside from football manager, civ and gta 4 for years, but got massively into rdr2 over lockdown and loved it. I tried ac: odyssey, but despite it being in theory exactly my poo poo (I mean, I read thucydides this summer...) it just seemed a bit, I dunno, thin and arcadey compared to rdr2. Is there anything else in the kinda open world exploring vein that has a similar slower paced vibe?

Horizon: Zero Dawn, it’s fantastic.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1323765227524136964

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

I’m trying to post that picture of Farage crawling out of his stupid plane crash and Jfc it’s saying IMGUR is overloaded with traffic

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-biden-victory-spells-trouble-uk-us-relations-boris-johnson-2020-11

Some real news

Ascythian
Nov 6, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Boris is ideologically closer to Biden than he is to Trump.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Not as far as sticking borders in Ireland go he isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ascythian
Nov 6, 2020

by Cyrano4747

OwlFancier posted:

Not as far as sticking borders in Ireland go he isn't.

The border between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland will continue to exist. No fear.