Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I hope the good game is worth the misery and crunch the developers will go through while the various divisions of Bioware squabble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I hope Mac Walters suffers to the end

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Mymla posted:

Andromeda had problems but it was still, on the whole, a pretty good game. So the new game will probably be good as well.

I'm told it ended up as a pretty good game

But phew, when it first came out... makes my face tired just thinking about it

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

El_Elegante posted:

I hope Mac Walters suffers to the end

An end once and for all?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Andromeda was effectively a Mass Effect fangame, a cargo cult interpretation of the original trilogy with good combat and bad everything else

It was a modern AAA game with zero (0) story DLC. Massive failure beyond its initial preorder and week 1 sales

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It was $20 about 40 days after launch.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Are they gonna fix the thing where you couldn't even import your custom Shep face into ME3?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Yay a remaster :3

I can’t wait to gently caress some aliens all over again

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
If there are no major glitches and they fixed some of the jank in ME1 i'm 100% gonna get this

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
not likely, but if they didn't make many changes themselves, it'd be nice if they made modding easier.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Mymla posted:

Andromeda had problems but it was still, on the whole, a pretty good game. So the new game will probably be good as well.

Mass Effect Andromeda had the worst open world of any game I have played. By far.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Mass Effect is, of course, very generic. That said, after completing the trilogy, a player has likely spent more time with the characters of Mass Effect than they have spent with the characters of TV shows. A full-run of ME may run 100+ hours where as :lost: or something similar is only ~80 or so.

It’s not surprising people have such strong feelings when you think of it as a show that went for 8-10 seasons...

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

like 90 of those 100 hours are spent looking at shepard's @ss as (s)he dumps radioactive ammo on to batarians tho

how can you have strong feelings for an @ss

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hard counter posted:

like 90 of those 100 hours are spent looking at shepard's @ss as (s)he dumps radioactive ammo on to batarians tho

how can you have strong feelings for an @ss

This is mass effect it has so much horny all of its own why would you ask this

Look at any given scene featuring Miranda and you ask this

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

kilus aof posted:

Mass Effect Andromeda had the worst open world of any game I have played. By far.

There’s a quest on snow desert planet where you have to disarm some bombs on a bridge. The bridge is over a small chasm that you can easily just drive around because it’s at the top of a short hill. The bridge is not connected to a road. The bridge is never used by any NPC in the game. The bridge is never mentioned by anyone at all outside of your quest giver and doesn’t actually lead anywhere

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

When will we get a Dragon Age Remastered collection is all I want to know.

Also with full controller support on PC as mentioned earlier.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Yeah, also they do good banter while rear end is on display. Sometimes you just stare at them during an elevator ride.
:shrug:

Actually, The Expanse had a funny callback to ME’s elevator scenes in season 3!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
The Expanse has some Mass Effect-rear end armors

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Mass Effect is, of course, very generic. That said, after completing the trilogy, a player has likely spent more time with the characters of Mass Effect than they have spent with the characters of TV shows. A full-run of ME may run 100+ hours where as :lost: or something similar is only ~80 or so.

It’s not surprising people have such strong feelings when you think of it as a show that went for 8-10 seasons...

How the hell are people getting 100 hours out of ME as a trilogy? HLTB tells me I need 40-50 hours/game, and I managed to do everything in about 28 hours of so/game.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

NikkolasKing posted:

When will we get a Dragon Age Remastered collection is all I want to know.

Also with full controller support on PC as mentioned earlier.

I cant imagine a series like DA having a good flow. ME -> me 2 is a bit of a change, but Me 2 to me 3 is the same game with some tweaks. Dragon Age is basically a different game each time, with a literal genre switch from 2 - > 3

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

How the hell are people getting 100 hours out of ME as a trilogy? HLTB tells me I need 40-50 hours/game, and I managed to do everything in about 28 hours of so/game.

that can’t be right

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

El_Elegante posted:

that can’t be right

My first run of ME1 was at least 40 hours on the save, so that doesn’t even include time not counted due to dying/crashes.

I know MEA took me 64 hours and I don’t think it was substantially bigger than 1. I’m a completionist with RPGs but both had tons of side stuff.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I mean, I went full :spergin: completionist and probably spent 80-100 hours on each game's first play through (:woop: save-scumming for dialogue) and >250 for the trilogy. Even at 28 hour/game you'd spend more time with Shep than Tony Soprano.
:popeye:

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Garrus asking how long it took the other guy to cum

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

From How Long to Beat:

Mass Effect 1 Completionist 44½ Hours
Mass Effect 2 Completionist 50½ Hours
Mass Effect 3 Completionist 50 Hours

Total: 145 hours. Obviously people play at different speeds and some people don't do every single mission and read the codex and read planetary descriptions and talk to every single NPC but if I was to play Mass Effect 1-3 in a real non rushed playthrough it would probably take me more than 100 hours.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

All the DLC in 2/3 end up adding a considerable amount of time to the game. Shadow Broker alone is a solid 1.5 - 2 hours.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I really hope they mean all the dlc this time. What did they leave out of that last trilogy collection, like half of the single player ones?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Oh and I really hope they fix the timing of Arrival. It’s clearly meant to be a post game ME2 thing but iirc you can do it like halfway through the game

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Hedrigall posted:

I really hope they mean all the dlc this time. What did they leave out of that last trilogy collection, like half of the single player ones?

"Mass Effect Legendary Edition will include single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3, plus promo weapons, armors, and packs"

Sounds like everything to me, maybe even the Dr. Pepper stuff and Blood Dragon Armor and Squadmate appearances.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Rad. I looked over a list of all the DLC in the trilogy to remind myself, and drat there’s so much good stuff. Kasumi, Shadow Broker, Overlord, Javik, Omega, Citadel, Leviathan... holy poo poo I pity anyone who only ever played the base game

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
nothing comes close to shadowbroker

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Citadel made me cry.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Kinda stinks that there won’t be ME3 multiplayer, to the extent that if I buy this, it’ll be months later on a generous sale.

That multiplayer wasn’t anything except a horde mode with a LOT of guns and classes, but they did such a great job distinguishing the little details.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Didn't they lose the source code for one of ME1's DLCs? Think it was called Pinnacle Station... wonder how they'd fix that. Also interested if they'll fix the triggers for some transfers of info. For instance fixing the Conrad Verner flag for ME2 and saving your choice for the Councilor position instead of hiding it in the stuff Miranda asks you shortly into ME2.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Unclouded posted:

Didn't they lose the source code for one of ME1's DLCs? Think it was called Pinnacle Station... wonder how they'd fix that. Also interested if they'll fix the triggers for some transfers of info. For instance fixing the Conrad Verner flag for ME2 and saving your choice for the Councilor position instead of hiding it in the stuff Miranda asks you shortly into ME2.

It was just a crappy hoard level so they could probably just remake it from scratch. :shrug:

prometheusbound2
Jul 5, 2010
I suspect that the new Mass Effect game will be a knock-off of Genshin Impact, but I'm curious if any of these branded cash grabs have been profitable. I think they've made games like those based on Ultima, Might and Magic, Command and Conquer--have any of them actually made money?

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
Can’t wait to see a remastered Kai Leng

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Kinda stinks that there won’t be ME3 multiplayer, to the extent that if I buy this, it’ll be months later on a generous sale.

That multiplayer wasn’t anything except a horde mode with a LOT of guns and classes, but they did such a great job distinguishing the little details.

Yeah I was actually excited for each gun and didn't fall on black widow meta

Geth Infiltrator with a claymore

Vanguard with that asari pistol that had perfect accuracy if you charged while it was charged up

Graal and batarian spikes

volus heal bot with the venom for maximum stagger

turian infiltrator camped next to a box with the cerberus rifle

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

moist turtleneck posted:

Yeah I was actually excited for each gun and didn't fall on black widow meta

Geth Infiltrator with a claymore

Vanguard with that asari pistol that had perfect accuracy if you charged while it was charged up

Graal and batarian spikes

volus heal bot with the venom for maximum stagger

turian infiltrator camped next to a box with the cerberus rifle

Krysae before they nerfed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Drone Jett posted:

Can’t wait to see a remastered Kai Leng

they need to add a flashback scene of him eating Anderson's cereal and pissing on his houseplant so we can really get what a villain he is.