Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My blind boxes netted me an Executioner A, Gargoyle Prime, Viper Prime, UrbanMech, two Mist Lynx Primes, and Morgan Kell's Archer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
I got Kell's Archer (complete with the Phantom Mech Ability card), two Pumas, a Koshi, a Vulture and a Dashi.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
is there any indication when they are shipping to AUS?

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

Horsebanger posted:

I know at least one Aussie who has gotten theirs, so I'd assume it's in progress

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Snake Dance posted:

I got Kell's Archer (complete with the Phantom Mech Ability card)

Don't lose it or you'll never find it again!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Horsebanger posted:

From the last KS update:

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Kell's Archer's a weird one because model-wise its indistinguishable from the stock Archer but holy loving :lol: they gave stats to the phantom mech ability.

Got the Battle and Command lance aka. gently caress Off Harmony Gold. Salvage box pulls were the above Archer, plus a Daishi, Gargoyle, Nova, and Viper.

The Nova's pilot card had Bob Bekker which implies that until he got his bloodname he was referrred to as "Mechwarrior Bob"

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

From the last KS update:

cheers.

I look forward to getting a thousand bucks of battletech stuff to never play with as all my friends have moved on.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Horsebanger posted:

cheers.

I look forward to getting a thousand bucks of battletech stuff to never play with as all my friends have moved on.

Same.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
So my brother surprised me with a birthday present from last year (He put in to the Kickstarter). I got the Base set, Clan Invasion Expansion, and 4 salvage boxes, plus Clan Nova Cat dice, challenge coin, and Kerensky star keychain. All cool stuff. Unfortunately I know I have zero talent for painting, so I'm going to ask a buddy of mine who paints WH40k for funsies to do all my Clan mechs in Spirit Cat colors (White with grey highlights, and a single black or red panel somewhere), and the Inner Sphere in House Marik.

Maybe if I find people to play with I can justify buying some other mechs.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is anyone else missing something from their wave 1 shipment?

Pussy Cartel fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 7, 2020

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

If it wasn't on your email I would guess you missed your chance to fix it.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I live near catalyst HQ and still no mechs :(

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
:ohdear:

It does appear that all the US stuff is coming out of Florida for that extra Covid flavor. That said, did any of your stuff have Wave 2 release junk? If so, you may have opted to have everything together with wave 2.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I had a big order... double checked and I had it split into two. I ordered a bunch of extra dice and one of their hardback books. My hunch is that it has something to do with that, but I still haven't heard anything :(

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

I had a big order... double checked and I had it split into two. I ordered a bunch of extra dice and one of their hardback books. My hunch is that it has something to do with that, but I still haven't heard anything :(

:( indeed.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Is there anything concise on how to order minis off that project this late in the game? I feel like everything I search sends me to that kickstarter page, which goes on forever.

I'm getting the sense if this is going to be a long winter of Covid isolation, maybe painting some minis would be a nice distraction.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

Is there anything concise on how to order minis off that project this late in the game? I feel like everything I search sends me to that kickstarter page, which goes on forever.

I'm getting the sense if this is going to be a long winter of Covid isolation, maybe painting some minis would be a nice distraction.

The Battletech Etsy 3d printers have been making a killing. Barring that, the Game of Armored Combat box set is the best place you could possibly start.

There are multiple sources to get miniatures of specific mechs this late in the game, and yes, CGL has the best bang for your buck worth holding out for.

However, sourcing out alternative sources for miniatures is still well above board, if you can afford it or find it.

If you're in NYC and wanna play Battletech, I have literally over one hundred minis and am more than happy to lend them out. It's a great game and a great excuse to get drunk and roll dice.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
IIRC once they're done shipping they're going to start releasing boxes via their store. I don't remember what the timeline is on that, though.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We get dirty. The Inner Sphere stays clean. That's the lance.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kuze Tactical Discretion, going dark.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

PoptartsNinja posted:

IIRC once they're done shipping they're going to start releasing boxes via their store. I don't remember what the timeline is on that, though.

Clan Invasion box by Black Friday, then it's an average of one box a month until Wave 2 is scheduled to hit. I don't remember if it's literally one per month, or if it's two every other month off the top of my head.

EDIT: it was a couple of pages ago in this thread

Xotl posted:

Never mind: it was a update comment.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
There's also ebay

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

drat, will need to go to etsy I guess. Not playing a freaking Clanner!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

drat, will need to go to etsy I guess. Not playing a freaking Clanner!

Good man.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Can't you slip the Kickstarter a dollar, which gets you nothing, and then buy packs from there?

It'll be a bit of time for things to ship but you should be able to pick what you want.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
They can, but I'm pretty sure anything extra at this point won't ship until Wave 2, which defeats the purpose of having something to paint this winter. :(

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Haha. I guess I'm one of the 80 US backers with an order issue.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Anyone ever have any problems with the official battletech website forums? For some reason, it won't accept my username/password despite it being correct, and when I ask for a reset, an email is never sent to my account. I made a new account to circumvent this months ago, and the same problem is happening now.

They need to update whatever code they used for those forums. I want to discuss the new book and can't.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
I was going to ask if anyone else has read Vol 7 of the recognition guide. Looks like some interesting mechs.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

SirFozzie posted:

I was going to ask if anyone else has read Vol 7 of the recognition guide. Looks like some interesting mechs.

I have. I was not impressed by the Incubus and most of the Mist Lynx configs, but the new War Crow is sick and the Storncrow doesn't have a bad config. I think the one that feels like a Shadow Cat Prime on four different kinds of steroids is my personal favorite.

New Warhammers are mostly no-frills good. The 9K and 10K are both intetesting for very different reasons, the C 2 can eat my entire rear end the backstabbing motherfucker, and the C 3 is good but expensive.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I was happier about the Warhammer entry than I was the Marauder, they at least seemed a LITTLE more willing to deviate from the norm by having the occasional dual LPL machine. I was hoping for a new Plasma Rifle hammer and maybe a Warhammer C that used paired HLLs, but it was better than the endless parade of near-identical Marauders.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't really care about the Warhammer variants and I've never been a fan of the Mist Lynx, but the War Crow is a beautiful machine.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Defiance Industries posted:

I was happier about the Warhammer entry than I was the Marauder, they at least seemed a LITTLE more willing to deviate from the norm by having the occasional dual LPL machine. I was hoping for a new Plasma Rifle hammer and maybe a Warhammer C that used paired HLLs, but it was better than the endless parade of near-identical Marauders.

It's weird because I feel like the Warhammers here are incredibly samey.

I like the WHM-9K a lot, but the other non-Clan ones are just a sea of 2 IS ERPPCs, 4-6 SRMs, and some medium/small lasers and machine guns.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The 8R and the C 2 were both the ordained WYSIWYG variants for the Warhammer, but the 10K leaned harder into it than I expected. I still like it a lot for the Ballistic-Reinforced armor though.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Did we get any setting hints from the recognition guides?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

BattleMaster posted:

It's weird because I feel like the Warhammers here are incredibly samey.

I like the WHM-9K a lot, but the other non-Clan ones are just a sea of 2 IS ERPPCs, 4-6 SRMs, and some medium/small lasers and machine guns.

And that's STILL a lot more variety than we got from the Marauder!

General Battuta posted:

Did we get any setting hints from the recognition guides?

Not really, the intro text has been the same since the beginning and there's not really anything of note in the entries for mechs this time.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So far it looks like our only hints are the openings to the Succession War, Clan Invasion, and Jihad TROs, and a few sidebars in First Succession War and Second Succession War.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

The Tukayyid fiction shorts are nice quick reads. The author kept calling one of the main characters' Thunderbolt an Exterminator for some reason. But they're still fun reads if you want short BT phone words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Anyone ever have any problems with the official battletech website forums? For some reason, it won't accept my username/password despite it being correct, and when I ask for a reset, an email is never sent to my account. I made a new account to circumvent this months ago, and the same problem is happening now.

They need to update whatever code they used for those forums. I want to discuss the new book and can't.

No issues that I'm aware of. If you tell me your username there I can take it up with the site admins and see if there's a problem with your account.