Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
^^^^Yep, originally planned for July 2020, then Pushed back to March 2021, now scheduled for June 2021.

Blue Moonlight posted:

I’m pretty sure there are some people who would only accept another Ghostbusters movie if someone invented a time machine, went back to 1990, and forced all the principals to make a Ghostbusters 3 right then and there at gunpoint.
In that scenario, I'd actually prefer a "monster of the week" TV series a la X-Files. :awesome:

Blue Moonlight posted:

Wait, are you saying you don’t like how the rust stickers are duplicated over and over?

lol, those aren't getting applied on mine. Though, I've got to say I'd rather have lovely stickers that you can leave off than parts integrated to get the rust effect.

Oxyclean posted:

I mean, it's basically the same car?
The original didn't have the gunner door. You'll also note the ladder on the original was on the passenger side. Furthermore....:goonsay:

PriorMarcus posted:

Slimer, Dana and Louis along with the Library Ghost, the Zombie Cab Driver and a few generic ghost came in the Firehouse set. And then a better Slimer, Stay Puft and the Hellhound came in the Dimensions sets.

They only minifigure really missing from the line up is Gozer AND I would love to see a buildable Stay Puft about the size of a Ninjago mech.

There's Afterlife sets rumored for next year with the same mobile phone gimmick as Hidden Side.

Agreed that Gozer is the big oversight. I'd rather have her than the taxi ghost. And a big rear end Stay-Puft one be awesome. And I'm pumped for the possibility of more sets closer to the release. At least another minifig scale Ecto 1 and maybe some terrain or building, a big enough set to justify minifigs of the new cast, the originals and some ghosts.

deoju fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I'm guessing there's probably going to be a new minifig scale Ecto-1 as you say, as well as sets based on Egon's House, the mine/Containment Unit, a retro/flashback set that's more 84-esque, maybe the school?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

I'm finishing up Corner Garage, and noticing the floors 2 & 3 are the same size, and realized you could swap them fairly easily/without it looking too strange. I also realized you could theoretically use additional sets to extend the height, well, modularly. :v:

I kinda wish I had stupid money so I could justify buying duplicates to do dumb things.

People with stupid money have definitely done that with the department store to make it have four corners and more floors. Seems like it would be quite the tedious build.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Oxyclean posted:

I'm finishing up Corner Garage, and noticing the floors 2 & 3 are the same size, and realized you could swap them fairly easily/without it looking too strange. I also realized you could theoretically use additional sets to extend the height, well, modularly. :v:

I kinda wish I had stupid money so I could justify buying duplicates to do dumb things.

Fun fact: the back of the box of the first modular, Cafe Corner, suggested buying multiples of the set to either extend it up or around the block!

See the bottom - couldn’t track down a bigger image quickly. Also laughing at the idea of buying six sets to depict the bottom right!

EDIT: they’re also in the instructions. You can also see a cute alternate build as well.

Blue Moonlight fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 6, 2020

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Blue Moonlight posted:

Fun fact: the back of the box of the first modular, Cafe Corner, suggested buying multiples of the set to either extend it up or around the block!

See the bottom - couldn’t track down a bigger image quickly. Also laughing at the idea of buying six sets to depict the bottom right!

EDIT: they’re also in the instructions. You can also see a cute alternate build as well.

Wish they made another mini moduler set to go with the old one. That set is SUPER fun to build.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
2021 Chinese New Year sets.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
That garden is a must buy. Dang it is good. The Chinese New year sets have all been great.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Scipiotik posted:

That garden is a must buy. Dang it is good.
Yeah I love it.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/taskmaster-s-ambush-77905?CMP=AFC-AffiliateUS-oSv%2FvWYkQIY-2014326-115554-1

Another chance at that Taskmaster's Ambush set if you're all horned up for ~exclusives~

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Carbohydrates posted:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/taskmaster-s-ambush-77905?CMP=AFC-AffiliateUS-oSv%2FvWYkQIY-2014326-115554-1

Another chance at that Taskmaster's Ambush set if you're all horned up for ~exclusives~

Was just coming to post this. I grabbed one because why not. Also, I really want the nebulon-b set and if I can't grab one of those I might be able to trade Taskmaster set for it.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Earth posted:

Was just coming to post this. I grabbed one because why not. Also, I really want the nebulon-b set and if I can't grab one of those I might be able to trade Taskmaster set for it.
Was tempted to get a Taskmaster's Ambush just so I could send it overseas to someone who wants it. US exclusives are annoying. I almost certainly will do that with the Nebulon B just to get 'em in the hands of folks who want one.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Carbohydrates posted:

Was tempted to get a Taskmaster's Ambush just so I could send it overseas to someone who wants it. US exclusives are annoying. I almost certainly will do that with the Nebulon B just to get 'em in the hands of folks who want one.

That's the truth. I really like the SDCC figs and have four of them. Problem is those figs are exclusive so I paid out the nose for them. If you have the means to grab one of the Taskmaster sets you should because it's better to grab it at this price and decide later you don't want it vs. thinking you don't want it now and knowing you want it later then having to pay eBay prices. I think about this stuff because I used to resell a lot but decided I no longer enjoyed it. I still have the resale knowledge and if there's any set I have an inkling of wanting I grab and if in a year if I don't want it anymore I can sell it pretty easy usually.

I saw your post on r/Lego of your western sets. I didn't see too many upvotes on it. That's what I mean about submitting it to Ideas. It's all about timing and photos and angles and etc etc etc for something to go viral. Your western sets are outstanding, but if a butterfly in China swings its wings just the wrong way it won't make it. All about luck. I definitely think you should throw your hat in the ring regardless. I would support it immediately and say that I'd pay $600 for all three in one set.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Earth posted:

I would support it immediately and say that I'd pay $600 for all three in one set.

Same... Wild West town complete with mine is a dream shelf setup

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

OSU_Matthew posted:

Same... Wild West town complete with mine is a dream shelf setup

Needs an outhouse

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

These look gorgeous, but I'm kinda disappointed they're not doing a "Chinese New Year-village" style thing where we can get the sets each year and keep adding to it. These are pretty markedly different from last year's in terms of how they go together.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The garden is interesting in particular because while it doesn't have attachment points, it looks like the street would match up with modulars. It also looks like it's on a standard baseplate, so it might even be the right dimensions too?
e: Or maybe it does?

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 6, 2020

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is that 2nd set just minifigs or is there something else all blurry behind them?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Is that 2nd set just minifigs or is there something else all blurry behind them?

a facade and a dragon

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I wanted the dragon parade last time, but I think it was regional only, right?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Captain Duvel posted:

I wanted the dragon parade last time, but I think it was regional only, right?

The first year of three were regional. But last years were not. Still, all of the original 3 were available from 3rd parties for not much higher than retail.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

The garden is interesting in particular because while it doesn't have attachment points, it looks like the street would match up with modulars. It also looks like it's on a standard baseplate, so it might even be the right dimensions too?
e: Or maybe it does?

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-chinese-new-year-sets-2021/

According to stonewars it is compatible with modulars. This is amazing and i love it even more and give it to me already.

I wonder when the next modular gets teased.

Just saw the koi pond tiles of fish. Wonder if it'll link up with gardens of ninjago too.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I -think- new modulars typically get shown off in December, then release on Jan 1st. New Speed Champion stuff usually drops on Jan 1st too, but I don't recall/haven't looked into when they typically get revealed, but I feel like there's usually rumors/leaks by this point?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Last year the modular was announced in Dec. Rumors had already been circulating, though.

That koi pond is pretty awesome. The lotus flowers are pretty cool, too. Definitely getting that set. Actually, have bought most of the CNY sets for my gf. She has them on display in various parts of the house.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Earth posted:

I saw your post on r/Lego of your western sets. I didn't see too many upvotes on it. That's what I mean about submitting it to Ideas. It's all about timing and photos and angles and etc etc etc for something to go viral. Your western sets are outstanding, but if a butterfly in China swings its wings just the wrong way it won't make it. All about luck. I definitely think you should throw your hat in the ring regardless. I would support it immediately and say that I'd pay $600 for all three in one set.
Yeah Reddit is dumb. My saloon got like 6k karma and the other two buildings got a couple hundred each. But when the bank's on Ideas, I'll more diligently promote it, of course.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There's an actual technique behind doing well on reddit and it's stupid (just like everything on the site is generally pretty stupid). The time of day you post, how long it takes you to get the first 100 upvotes, and anything else that is "popular" at that particular time (usually a hot meme) all play a role.

But if you can nail all that, it snowballs really quickly because the place is a hivemind.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Carbohydrates posted:

Yeah Reddit is dumb. My saloon got like 6k karma and the other two buildings got a couple hundred each. But when the bank's on Ideas, I'll more diligently promote it, of course.

You aren't doing all 3 as a group?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

xzzy posted:

There's an actual technique behind doing well on reddit and it's stupid (just like everything on the site is generally pretty stupid). The time of day you post, how long it takes you to get the first 100 upvotes, and anything else that is "popular" at that particular time (usually a hot meme) all play a role.

But if you can nail all that, it snowballs really quickly because the place is a hivemind.

Yeah, this. I recently watched a video by DisguisedToast, a popular streamer, on how he became successful. He explained that when he first started out, even though his uploads (Hearthstone statistics in an easily digestible image format iirc) to reddit were well received generally, he didn't make it big until he crunched the numbers. He realised that literally all he had to do was upload his content at a different time and boom, he was trending (or whatever the reddit equivalent is, top of the Hearthstone page) all the time.

All it took was for him to post his stuff a couple of hours earlier, and it made all the difference.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
College Slice

Carbohydrates posted:

I would love for you to do all of it as a group. Something like “western town.” Unless you lose the rights to it by submitting it to ideas.

EDIT: Just checked Taskmaster on Lego shop and it's out of stock. Glad I grabbed one when I could.

Earth fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 6, 2020

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Earth posted:

I would love for you to do all of it as a group. Something like “western town.” Unless you lose the rights to it by submitting it to ideas.
I lose the right to post instructions or monetize it but that's about it. I don't think I can do them all together because that faaaaaar exceeds the piece limit and really marginalizes the potential accessibility as a set anyway. It's just too much. I intend to post the bank because it's the most "complete" and has tangible play features and a story element that the others don't, or have less of. I suppose I could do what the Old Fishing Store guy did and try the shotgun approach: all three separately and hope that one makes it.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
College Slice

Carbohydrates posted:

I lose the right to post instructions or monetize it but that's about it. I don't think I can do them all together because that faaaaaar exceeds the piece limit and really marginalizes the potential accessibility as a set anyway. It's just too much. I intend to post the bank because it's the most "complete" and has tangible play features and a story element that the others don't, or have less of. I suppose I could do what the Old Fishing Store guy did and try the shotgun approach: all three separately and hope that one makes it.

If you post them and don’t make it I’ll still send money for any instructions. We just won’t tell them.

Good point on the play and story. The judges harped and harped on that for lego masters. I guess if you don’t want to lose rights then, yeah, just post the best one with those aspects.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

A lot of big Reddit people have shill accounts to bump up the visibility of their posts. They’ll post their whatever, then jump onto the other accounts to upvote and comment (and then upvote the other comments. Gives you a real bump in getting noticed.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

The_Doctor posted:

A lot of big Reddit people have shill accounts to bump up the visibility of their posts. They’ll post their whatever, then jump onto the other accounts to upvote and comment (and then upvote the other comments. Gives you a real bump in getting noticed.

I hate that kind of poo poo so much... this is why I believe we get genuinely better content over here. Reddit just turns into empty doom scrolling where the first people to comment are the only ones that ever get seen. It’s a clickbait race to the bottom.

By the way, the VW Van is 20$ off at wallie world right now. It’s one of my favorite builds, highly recommend picking one if you have any interest!

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Did anyone get one of those Ikea BYGGLEK sets? I couldn't find any of the storage boxes, but the set is wonderful and I've been rebuilding it into stuff all week. It's a really neat subset of Lego with a nice palette and a restrained but versatile part variety. I've been going back and forth between Studio and the physical set refining things (and also to make renders before I take things apart). Here are some of my favorites:

Sailboat

Rocket

House

Animals and a small waterfall, the brown ones are supposed to be nutria

Ancient tree and raised pond (this can attach to the house and the previous waterfall)

Ornate arch and water garden (this can attach to the house and the previous ancient tree)

Still messing with the set... I have another raised pond piece that fully encloses it and builds onto the house compound a little, and a fancy raised fountain, but I'm not totally happy with those yet, and don't know what I'm gonna try after.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
After keeping the box in my closet for a while,I felt like the time was right to build my Statue of Liberty.

I had to modify her back foot though...

:patriot:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is that Trump? lol

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Not fat enough, might want to add a red stud hat

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

deoju posted:

After keeping the box in my closet for a while,I felt like the time was right to build my Statue of Liberty.

I had to modify her back foot though...

:patriot:

Lmao great idea, I’ve ordered it on a whim during Tuesday after the VW beetle (and batwing and bus and razor crest, I had a lot of pent up Lego energy) and am finishing it today. Gotta see if I have a leftover orange stud somewhere as well.

My first thought after looking at the scale flame on the packaging was: huh, is that Trump’s hair?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Jesus, found someone online selling 1,050 sets of the old 4x chrome gold coins on a sprue - not linking it 'cause that's not the important part, but just look at this pic of them all:

Childhood me is so envious.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Carbohydrates posted:

Jesus, found someone online selling 1,050 sets of the old 4x chrome gold coins on a sprue - not linking it 'cause that's not the important part, but just look at this pic of them all:

Childhood me is so envious.

Just plop a dragon in the middle of all that, baby, you got a Smaug going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
You order the gold coins... Finally, you can add them to your collection. They come to the door, you carefully open the packaging. But you don't notice the tiny hole forming in the bottom of the bag. All at once, they spray forth from the bag, you try to stop it but only catch one or two. Your floor is a minefield of tiny, shiny coins that you now have to spend the evening sweeping up and hoping you find them all. You never do.

Thank you for listening to my spooky tale of terror.